• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TF2 Downgrades Part 3

DarkDragonMedeus said:
This thread has absolutely nothing to do with D&D... And none of the magic spells in TF2 were calculated and doubt anything would exceed 9-B. Except for vaporizing weapons, but it's already had a bunch of circular reason for why that's paradoxical.
that the fireball was calced 9-A by weekly and DND strange scale of vaporazition is acepted

1. Already covered.

2. D&D's fireball has that rating because it has an explicit statement of covering a 20-foot radius. TF2's fireballs are nowhere near that size.

3. So you're saying that all Mercenaries are 6-C then? You do realize that even if they scaled to Merasmus that would be a ridiculous outlier, right?

4. There was no explosion at that timestamp.

Yeah, comparing TF2's fireballs to D&D's is like comparing a pea shooter to a Cannon Ball.

Agnaa said:
1. Already covered.
2. D&D's fireball has that rating because it has an explicit statement of covering a 20-foot radius. TF2's fireballs are nowhere near that size.

3. So you're saying that all Mercenaries are 6-C then? You do realize that even if they scaled to Merasmus that would be a ridiculous outlier, right?

4. There was no explosion at that timestamp.
no but other things in hallowen has pretty god feats

Then show us the feats! But this thread will need a part 4 if this is going to continue.

Agnaa said:
Then show us the feats! But this thread will need a part 4 if this is going to continue.
i will but there is a problem is that the even and the maps and wizard things are only available in hallowen

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yes, this is another example of that. The Scout and Demoman are regularly fodderized by missiles.
This isn't really true- there have only been two instances of mercs tanking rockets in the Meet the Team videos: In the Meet the Medic video, in which Scout and Demoman have already been injured beforehand, and in Meet the Soldier, in which Soldier rocket-jumps.

And gameplay-wise, most mercs can tank at least one point blank rocket with the exception of Soldier (who can tank two of them) and Heavy (who can tank three of them).

Anyway, I can only really think of one, maybe two feats that are left over:

- The Short Circuit is able to vaporize various projectiles, most notably RPGs

- Heavy stopping a train in End of the Line (Not entirely sure if this one is usable? I've seen a statement of it being non-canon by the creator of said video, but eh, it's on TF2's official website and led to an update, so that statement might be contradicted?)

Still, even one or two shots still severely injure them. Surviving multiple shots is endurance, not durability also.

In Heavy's case, he can even tank a crit-boosted rocket, which is three times as powerful as a normal one.

There are only two feats left over- we can close this once they got calced.

CursedGentleman said:
So... Did anyone ever calculated that End of the Line Feat?

I feel like it should scale, or at least be calculated.
... Any answer to this? Or is simply incapable of scaling characters with this feat? I mean, I think that at least Saxton Hale would scale

CursedGentleman said:
First of all, how so?

Also, why it took so long to someone answer that?
It isn't made by Valve, it was a community patch and the video is never stated to be official.

I don't check this thread everyday.

It isn't made by Valve, it was a community patch and the video is never stated to be official.

I didn't know that, huh

I don't check this thread everyday.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, but like, of the thread in general, considering how many people were answering about it.

Schwxnz said:
The mercs do not scale to Merasmus in any way, as you have been told several times now.
i said physical the only thing you are saying that the mercenary don´t scale to the magic of merasmus

Schwxnz said:
Merasmus is supposed to being taken on by two teams at once- that proves that he is far above every individual merc.
that is probally in game especially how inconsistent is the boss figth

Livinmeme said:
Schwxnz said:
Merasmus is supposed to being taken on by two teams at once- that proves that he is far above every individual merc.
By all means it is technically possible to take down Merasmus with one merc. However, it is harder with to determine has power because of game mechanics.

Merasmus has a total of 33,750 health. and he gets stronger the more players there are in a server. (+2,500 hp for each player in the past 10 minutes). Assuming he is fighting against 24 mercs, his total hp totals around 93,750 hp.

even only fighting against one merc, he is still 112.5x more durable than the Heavy.

this could gives us a pretty good idea how powerful Merasmus is. Though, this could be because of Game Mechanics.

Just thought I mention this.

I also wanted to touch on Heavy stopping the train in End of the Line. It should not be used by any means. First, Heavy was Übercharged, which needs the assist from the medic. (I am aware he can use the canteen, but ūbercharge literally makes the user invulnarable.). Second, End of the Line isn't cannon. (According to my 3 minutes of research on the tf2 wiki.)

DeadRatt said:
Livinmeme said:
Schwxnz said:
By all means it is technically possible to take down Merasmus with one merc. However, it is harder with to determine has power because of game mechanics.
Merasmus has a total of 33,750 health. and he gets stronger the more players there are in a server. (+2,500 hp for each player in the past 10 minutes). Assuming he is fighting against 24 mercs, his total hp totals around 93,750 hp.

even only fighting against one merc, he is still 112.5x more durable than the Heavy.

this could gives us a pretty good idea how powerful Merasmus is. Though, this could be because of Game Mechanics.

Just thought I mention this.

I also wanted to touch on Heavy stopping the train in End of the Line. It should not be used by any means. First, Heavy was Übercharged, which needs the assist from the medic. (I am aware he can use the canteen, but ūbercharge literally makes the user invulnarable.). Second, End of the Line isn't cannon. (According to my 3 minutes of research on the tf2 wiki.)
the boss figth is so incosistent that is even funny plus canonacly soldier figth with merasmus who can tank is own magic

@DeadRatt: While Heavy was ubercharged, uber does not boost one's physical strenght, so the feat would still be theoretically usable if End of the Line wouldn't be non-canon.

@Livinmeme: I'll say this one last time, Soldier never really directly fought Merasmus on his own. Merasmus is canonically far superior to the mercs and regardless of how many times you're going to repeat the same (already refuted) points, the mercs will not be scaled to him.

@Everyone: This thread is getting dangerously close to 500 replies; we should try to get the aforementioned RPG-vaporizing feat calced as soon as possible.

Schwxnz said:
@DeadRatt: While Heavy was ubercharged, uber does not boost one's physical strenght, so the feat would still be theoretically usable if End of the Line wouldn't be non-canon.
@Livinmeme: I'll say this one last time, Soldier never really directly fought Merasmus on his own. Merasmus is canonically far superior to the mercs and regardless of how many times you're going to repeat the same (already refuted) points, the mercs will not be scaled to him.
givme other proves than is not boss figth because that is in-game

I did so, several times already. It's highly implied that Merasmus stomped the mercs at the end of Doom-Mates.

Schwxnz said:
I did so, several times already. It's highly implied that Merasmus stomped the mercs at the end of Doom-Mates.
especially when contradict soldier figthng with merasmus how curios that merasmus "stomped" the mercenary and then bring a figth when he not used magic i tell you the mercenary scale to merasmus phsycally who can tank is own magic

Pretty much any class that Isn't Soldier or Heavy cannot tank Merasmus' attacks. he oneshots the low-health classes. Soldier and Heavy survive, but they have higher health pools than the other mercs.

DeadRatt said:
Pretty much any class that Isn't Soldier or Heavy cannot tank Merasmus' attacks. he oneshots the low-health classes. Soldier and Heavy survive, but they have higher health pools than the other mercs.
can someone givme real proves that arent just i say it so is correct

Back