• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Some revisions are in order now that the abstract existence page is updated.

So in my blog i go over exactly what angels and demons are.

A summary of that is basically:

-The holy spirit which is the source of power existed in nothingness before the creation of the world.

-The holy spirit gave birth of the spirits of light and darkness when the world came to be.

-The world didn't have form until the spirits of light and darkness gave birth to the spirit of time which caused the world to move.

-The other spirits such as fire, earth etc came next.

-Humans with especially matured souls were selected by the system which governs the world to govern the souls with shorter life-spans, thus angels and demons were born.

-Angels and demons receive power from the spirit of light and spirit of darkness, and were born when the spirit of time was born, as conceptual existences with a pure energy body.

-As spiritual lifeforms, demons regenerate over-time even if their bodies are destroyed, and resurrect even if killed.

-Demons only gain souls when they are summoned into the world where they gain physical forms.

So first of all, demons and angels should lose their mid-godly regen and type 8, they weren't stated to be able to regenerate as long concepts exist, their Regenerationn is only low-godly.

I propose they get type 1 abstract existence for being born conceptual existences without souls that receive power from the spirits of light and darkness.

Also angels should have resurrection, don't see why only demons would have it.

It seems to me that the reason they resurrect is because you have only managed to kill their physical bodies and not their true self, demons essential possess bodies when entering the material realm. Bear in mind soul manipulation is a fairly common ability in tensei, in fact this is the way you kill a normal spiritual life form, as spiritual life forms can survive physical death, their soul don't disappear after death, have a strong degree of immortality, and can't die unless their core break within their souls have been destroyed.

Despite all this demons and angels never permanently die, so i think it might be evidence of their abstract status, but i am open to other opinions.

What are they conceptuals of? Most things that have a conceptual nature are concepts of something.

I would assume light and darkness since they get their power and nature from the spirits of light and darkness

But they themselves are not the spirits, correct?

In this case maybe they are permanent objects of the spirits, and thus are conceptual in this way. Of course that isn't exactly the best explanation, since a ball isn't conceptual despite being a definitional object of sphere-ness.

Spirits are sort of a part of the world and define it, the holy spirit existed before everything in nothingness and is the source of power, from it came the spirits of light and darkness who were born at the same time as the world.

However the world didn't gain any form until the spirit of time was born which caused the world to move.

And the world didn't gain any purpose until the other spirits such as the spirits of earth, water etc were born from the flowing currents of life and death.

Demons and angels were born from an egg at the same time as when the spirit of time was born.

So yea demons and spirits are different i think.

Demons and angels get their power from the spirits of light and darkness, while the spirits were born from each other.

Demons are spiritual lifeforms which have eternal youth, no physical body, low godly regen etc, but they aren't spirits.

Type 2 is iffy imo, was never said they will regenerate as long as a concept exists, we only have that they were born as conceptual existences without souls at the same time as the spirit of time which caused the world to move, and have power from the spirits of light and darkness, and they take physical bodies in the material realm.

Even if they were though, it would be a really crappy type 2 since it can take them up to hundreds of years to come back after dying.

Them being embodiment of Light and Darkness gives them Type 2 tho. For type 1, they'd have to be Darkness and Light itself with their physical bodies being mere avatars and manifestations but they exist as Pure energy bodies drawing power from Darkness and Light so logically they'll exist as long as Light and Darkness are there. However, that's just my opinion. Id suggest Assalt or Kal to comment on this as they're knowledgeable in abstracts and concepts related stuffs.

What I got:

-Spirits seems to act like type 3 concepts, given that the birth of the spirit "time" caused the flow of it

-Demons are described as a "mass of energy" similarly to the spirits

-Demons are a "conceptual existence" and are fueled by the spirit of darkness

Not sure. I could see both type 1 and 2

Well this is difficult.

Not sure what to do here, i guess we could say the spirits are type 3 concepts, and that demons receive power from them thus they are type 2 abstracts, however their Regenerationn would be Low Godly, Mid-Godly overtime, as it takes hundreds of years to regenerate after being destroyed.

At the same time though Kazaream who is a demon who was killed by Leon, and took hundreds of years to revive however that is because he didn't have a physical body to come back into the material world, demons can't exist in the material world without physical bodies, so he had to wait until he could find a physical body to take over, so maybe type 1 fits more?

At this point idk.

He isn't a demon, he is a demon slime, there is a difference. Demon just refers to him being a demon lord, he isn't a demon like diablo or gii.

Though he should get it anyway since he absorbed an angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back