• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

• None of the new Champions (or Hestu) mention the events of Age of Calamity
  • Link gets the Master Sword at the age of 17 rather than as a child like Breath of the Wild implies
  • WOG says it's an alternate timeline, and the game itself is a spin-off featuring an alternative set of events
I still think anything shown pre-Terrako is fair game though

Calamity Nando currently has death manipulation solely due to age of calamity and that scene of possessed Terrako so he'd likely need to lose that.

But the absolute menance that is Ganondorf would still have death manipulation because Gloom is that cracked, once again another point of his superiority over "HAtrEd aND maLIcE IncARNatE"

I'm really trying hard to pad my Lookout Landing profile. I really hope someone doesn't turn it into a location profile again.

I think one of the main things that prevents the BotW games from being canon is that the demon statue directly implies that Hylia is still alive.

That doesn't make them non canon tho? Hylia is a vague af goddess without much to work with in terms of lore so her somehow being alive again a shitillion years after the events of Skyward Sword doesn't automatically mean these games aren't canon, it's just an unexplained and unexplored aspect of her lore.

???

These games is so far into the timeline that her plan to use the Triforce as a human has longggggg since past so she has no need to use the Triforce anymore, the latest games in the timelines beforehand happen well over 10,000 years before these games happen. Plus in the lore she never even was the one to use the Triforce anyway when she became a human, that was Link.

???

These games is so far into the timeline that her plan to use the Triforce as a human has longggggg since past so she has no need to use the Triforce anymore, the latest games in the timelines beforehand happen well over 10,000 years before these games happen. Plus in the lore she never even was the one to use the Triforce anyway when she became a human, that was Link.
This fr

Like yall have absolutely got to understand these games (Botw and Tears) are ******* eons ahead of any of the other Zelda games no matter which timeline you're looking at botw is already 10000+ years ahead of the rest and the totk flashbacks are even futher back by an insane amount that people even forgor about ganondorfs entire existence and even then thats much further ahead than any of the current entries

Ganon whips out a blood moon during the final battle

Quickest one yet takes like 6ish seconds from when his gloom starts darkening the world to when the blood moon is revealed. He pulled it pretty close as well like that shit is huge.
btw @Dalesean027 is this blood moon worth calcing. It isn't pulled as close as the first blood moon but it's still brought real damn close to the planet and has the shortest timeframe of any blood moon (Less than a third of the time as the first blood moon he Ganon did).

btw @Dalesean027 is this blood moon worth calcing. It isn't pulled as close as the first blood moon but it's still brought real damn close to the planet and has the shortest timeframe of any blood moon (Less than a third of the time as the first blood moon he Ganon did).
I haven't gotten to the final fight yet or the gerudo stuff yet so idk

There's nothing that said Zelda would become Hylia again or Hylia would be reborn or anything if her plan fully worked. Skyward Sword always treated it as extremely permanent. Also you could say literally any event happened whatsoever between the last Zelda game that could've happened and just say "Well, a LOT of time has passed!" to anyone who questions it. I could say a 50 foot tall butter statue of Samus Aran mysterious fell out of the sky and landed perfectly on the giant fin in Zora's Domain and respond to any doubters with, "It's been such a long time, that MUST have happened eventually."

"it's been a long time" is basically just as valid as "it's all a dream" most of the time. i could say that the entire Mario universe happens between SS and TOTK's memories but it's been so long that all the Mario stuff has gone missing

however, to play devil's advocate, botw and totk do reference a lot of past games. the salt description says the world was once covered in water, the twilight bow mentions how it was once used against creatures from another realm, and the cycle of Demise's hatred is mentioned indirectly when Zelda explains that Ganon won't give up on reincarnation in BotW

i think that "it's been a long time" is a bit too easy of a handwave, but let's not act like there isn't evidence that supports it

Eiji Aonuma, series producer, when asked about BotW timeline placement:Well of course it’s at the very end. But, I get what you’re asking, it’s which timeline is it the end of?”

So it is apart of the greater timeline, just so long into the future that it becomes irrelevant

Last edited:
The blizzard in hebrea reached all the way to the snowfield stables right?

Just make phantom ganon 7-C botw/totk is wholly disconnected from the other games scaling for reasons already said

Done

And now that I've played more, I wanna go over my scaling proposal again

Lesser Fodder (Bokoblins, Lizalfos, Keese, Bubbulfrogs, Purah, Hylians, Horses, Etc) - 9-B/9-A
  • Scales to exploding barrels and bomb rune (needs calc)
Greater Fodder (Moblins, Boss Bokoblins) - 8-C
  • Scales to Early Game Link and upscale from lesser fodder
Minibosses (Gloom Spawn, Phantom Ganon, Stone Talus, Gleeok, Hinox, Lynels, Etc) - Low 7-C/7-B/idk somewhere in Tier 7 probs
  • Scales to Gloom Spawn's cloud feat (needs calc) and/or downscales from Bosses
Bosses (Mucktorok, Colgera, Queen Gibdo, Marbled Gohma) - Low 7-C/7-B/idk somewhere in Tier 7 probs, or 6-C scaling to the Master Sword
  • Scales to Colgera's feat and/or upscales from Minibosses
Sages (Sidon, Riju, Yunobo, Tulin, Rauru) - 5-C, possibly 5-A
  • Scales to pre-amp Ganondorf's feat
Top Guys (Ganondorf, Zelda, Endgame Link) - 5-A
  • Scales to Ganondorf's feat
and some various notes,
  • Guardians need to be downgraded to Miniboss status. They shouldn't be stronger than Divine Beasts or Calamity Ganon
  • Blights need downgraded to Boss status if the Master Sword scaling doesn't work
  • The elemental dragons would probably fall under Boss status
  • Pre-Sage Sages scale to the bosses they fight

Minibosses (Gloom Spawn, Phantom Ganon, Stone Talus, Gleeok, Hinox, Lynels, Etc) - Low 7-C/7-B/idk somewhere in Tier 7 probs
  • Scales to Gloom Spawn's cloud feat (needs calc) and/or downscales from Bosses
Minor correction but the miniboss range is moreso 8-B to low 7-C at most

Bosses (Mucktorok, Colgera, Queen Gibdo, Marbled Gohma) - Low 7-C/7-B/idk somewhere in Tier 7 probs, or 6-C scaling to the Master Sword
  • Scales to Colgera's feat and/or upscales from Minibosses
This is fine but I'd get rid of the 6-C completely since breath of the wild and tears have a master sword that respective in the former was far weaker than the normal master sword and with thenladder having a 5-A super juiced for ten thousan years+ master sword so no one scales from previously games in either title.

Also though I'd say they go from low 7-C to at most low 7-B which is actually the the tier of the blights

• Blights need downgraded to Boss status if the Master Sword scaling doesn't work
  • The elemental dragons would probably fall under Boss status
This is fine but again master sword
scaling from past games is negged for botw and tears as we discussed

Okay so I'll just let you guys in on how im doing this SO this distance I'm using for the storm is from the end of the Rito village to the snowfield stables

Is anyone working on or thinking of profiles not focused on one character (i.e. civilizations, teams, locations)?

I wanna do Rauru's profile (won't be mad if someone else takes it tho) and have started on Phantom Ganon/Gloom Spawn's profile. idk who else i'll wanna do besides maybe something funny like Bubbulfrogs, Chuchu, or horses. just horses. 9-A horses

Civilization profiles for each of the main towns would be neat tho

I wanna do Rauru's profile (won't be mad if someone else takes it tho) and have started on Phantom Ganon/Gloom Spawn's profile. idk who else i'll wanna do besides maybe something funny like Bubbulfrogs, Chuchu, or horses. just horses. 9-A horses

Civilization profiles for each of the main towns would be neat tho
I'd say actually ask about profile shit in the main discussion thread since we got peeps there who aren't here who also probably want to tackle some shit

I got 26 Kilotons (Town level) for colgera's storm as I expected so bosses are 7-C

Also you could say literally any event happened whatsoever between the last Zelda game that could've happened and just say "Well, a LOT of time has passed!" to anyone who questions it. I could say a 50 foot tall butter statue of Samus Aran mysterious fell out of the sky and landed perfectly on the giant fin in Zora's Domain and respond to any doubters with, "It's been such a long time, that MUST have happened eventually."
You said Hylia can't be alive because she hasn't enacted her Triforce plan yet and I simply pointed out it's been 10,000+ years after Skyward Sword and the era she needed to use the Triforce to kill Demise.

i never used the timeframe as an excuse to handwave why Hylia was back when all I said about her returning was that it's unexplained lore that Nintendo didn't bother delving into. Me bringing up the timeframe was just to counter the point of her not having used Triforce since that specific plan was already carried out centuries before even games like Minish Cap happened, let alone botw and totk. Never used it to justify why she's back for some unknown reason.

For Phantom Ganon specifically I think they should have a second key that puts him in the tier as normal bosses, it shows up after the sages awaken as a proper boss fight.

I got 26 Kilotons (Town level) for colgera's storm as I expected so bosses are 7-C
Oh nice thag makes Colgera stronger than the dragons from Skyward Sword, love to see it

I actually gotta do the goron stuff soon to solidify the 8-B-8-A miniboss rating and also gotta calc the gleeko storm feat

The fact that King Dorephan could fight off the water temple boss (Albeit with high difficulty) and implied he could've done more to stop it in his prime is kinda insane

Back