• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Would Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power scale to this? Actually, would anyone from other Zelda games scale to the 5-C/5-A feat?

Wouldn't this also change up the way we handle the new profile tiering since Link would cap at 5-C in Botw and 5-A in tears
Yeah it would, still need a proper evaluated calc for Calamity Ganons blood moon from botw and that can be used for scaling anyone weaker than mummified Ganondorf. Has the same timeframe ad the totk blood moons I'm pretty sure so it's just a matter of finding the distance it's moved in botw.

Would Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power scale to this? Actually, would anyone from other Zelda games scale to the 5-C/5-A feat?
Atm can't think of a solid way that the Triforce of Power could scale. Between totk Ganondorf using a different power source that atm has no comparisons made to other artifacts like the individual Triforce pieces and the version of the Master Sword used to beat him being much stronger than it normally is, there's not much wriggle room to solidly justify scaling anyone else from other games to Ganondorfs blood moon atm.

Yeah it would, still need a proper evaluated calc for Calamity Ganons blood moon from botw and that can be used for scaling anyone weaker than mummified Ganondorf. Has the same timeframe ad the totk blood moons I'm pretty sure so it's just a matter of finding the distance it's moved in botw.
So.. does dark beast Ganon scale below Mummified Ganondorf?

Not really.
The only thing someone could suggest Is Wind Waker Ganondorf stopping the Moon and causing the endless night, but it's pretty baseless, it's mostly an assumption that you can make by saying It's similar to his Totk counterpart, but it's more like something I am telling you as a funny fact, more than an evidence.

damn, this series really hates the moon, huh?

first we had MM with Skull Kid / Majora putting the moon on a collision course with termina, then we had Calamity Ganon causing the blood moon in BOTW, now we just have Ganondorf just saying "to hell with it" and essentially does both of those, minus the collision course part?

what did selene ever do to you, nintendo

first we had MM with Skull Kid / Majora putting the moon on a collision course with termina, then we had Calamity Ganon causing the blood moon in BOTW, now we just have Ganondorf just saying "to hell with it" and essentially does both of those, minus the collision course part?

The Moon pissed on Miyamoto

Did you we have a Tingle profile and he's 5-A for a moon feat as well lmao

Soo I had a pretty good discussion with zelda supports here and ya know Calamity ganon is kinda fodder ass and shouldn't scale to the blood moon dude is 7-B fr based off my calc😭😭

Reasonings here being Ganondorf is sealed for ******* eons but when the calamity ganon appears 10000 years ago that's when blood moons started happening again right because wasn't there a statement that the blood moons weren't happening before the calamity

So they forgot about that Ganondorfs blood moon from ages past and when the calamity appears and blood moons start happening again they believe its due to calamity ganon but as we know in this game the blood moon is from ganondorf, but nobody knows he exist because the last recorded bit was just a war against the leakage 10000y ago

My point being would we even scale calamity to 5-C at all since we know ganondorfs seal was actually getting weaker all that time and he was the one leaking that evil shit (gloom and malice or whatever)

Calamity ganon is 7-B bro which adds up with Botw master sword being like literally the weakest iteration with chariot putting it best like this

"BOTW Link do be kinda bad. His main enemy is the weakest incarnation of ganon. Using a MS that was destroyed, with only 100 years of healing (not even gaining power, just healing), to where it needed to get buffed by sages anyway to get it back to kinda normal even after that."

Meanwhile the Master Sword in Tears is cooking for at least 10000+ years just juicing on sacred energy which explains its **** all power to fight a 5-A ganondorf

Soo I had a pretty good discussion with zelda supports here and ya know Calamity ganon is kinda fodder ass and shouldn't scale to the blood moon dude is 7-B fr based off my calc😭😭

Reasonings here being Ganondorf is sealed for ******* eons but when the calamity ganon appears 10000 years ago that's when blood moons started happening again right because wasn't there a statement that the blood moons weren't happening before the calamity

So they forgot about that Ganondorfs blood moon from ages past and when the calamity appears and blood moons start happening again they believe its due to calamity ganon but as we know in this game the blood moon is from ganondorf, but nobody knows he exist because the last recorded bit was just a war against the leakage 10000y ago

My point being would we even scale calamity to 5-C at all since we know ganondorfs seal was actually getting weaker all that time and he was the one leaking that shit

Calamity ganon is 7-B bro which adds up with Botw master sword being like literally the weakest iteration with chariot putting it best like this

"BOTW Link do be kinda bad. His main enemy is the weakest incarnation of ganon. Using a MS that was destroyed, with only 100 years of healing (not even gaining power, just healing), to where it needed to get buffed by sages anyway to get it back to kinda normal even after that."

Meanwhile the Master Sword in Tears is cooking for at least 10000+ years just juicing on sacred energy which explains its **** all power to fight a 5-A ganondorf
I cant tell if this is a joke or not.

Wasn't there a guide that explicitly stated that Calamity Ganon's power (Malice) leaking out from the seal is the cause for the blood moons in BOTW?

I cant tell if this is a joke or not.
Being so serious like calamity ganon is fodder bro like even he we scaled him to 5-C downscaling the mummy ganondorf he'd still be soo far below him since casual Weakened fodder ganondorf who literally just woke back up already >>>>> breath of the wild link and his master sword quite casually
Wasn't there a guide that explicitly stated that Calamity Ganon's power (Malice) leaking out from the seal is the cause for the blood moons in BOTW?
Yes which we now know was actually just ganondorf under hyrule leaking his balls out

latest

Yeah it was this statement, I remember it being from a guide.

Here, "Even though Calamity Ganon is actively being suppressed by Princess Zelda, its power still bleeds out into Hyrule [...]. Ganon's Malice stains the sky a deep red [...]"

Considering BOTW's Ganon(dorf) uses Malice, whereas TOTK's Ganondorf uses Gloom, I don't think precluding Calamity Ganon from Tier 5 works as well

I don't really like how Blood Moons are back in Tears of the Kingdom, tbh. It really feels like the devs worked extra extra hard to undo all of the good things that the characters accomplished in the first game with something even worse.

Considering BOTW's Ganon(dorf) uses Malice, whereas TOTK's Ganondorf uses Gloom, I don't think precluding Calamity Ganon from Tier 5 works as well
Yeah but then calamity ganon's feat wouldn't even be tier 5 more likely than not and I'll actually do a calc of it because its more likely high 6-A than anything as over 3 hours he doesn't even move it a fraction of the distance of mummy ganondorf but that would still put him above other ganondorfs which would be weird since the jpn dub highkey calls him the weakest ganon and nothing but a dying whimper

Also Light arrows are high 6-A and they kinda just negged him anyways

Makes sense for him to be the weakest, Calamity Ganon is just leakage from Ganondorfs rotting corpse lmao
I'm saying like I get the Botw statements but we literally know he was literally just ganondorfs actual leakage from under hyrule castle like the game establishes that in the first 5 minutes

I don't really like how Blood Moons are back in Tears of the Kingdom, tbh. It really feels like the devs worked extra extra hard to undo all of the good things that the characters accomplished in the first game with something even worse.
I mean hylians have a new town, the yiga don't seem to be bothering the Gerudo, and Yunobo has more self confidence

Virgin Calamity:
  • Weak as hell
  • "Oh no ooooo owey those city level lasers hurt :("
  • Only personality trait is being angry
  • Malice is just nerfed Gloom
  • Makes his monsters stronger because he's scared of Link
  • Can't even keep control of his own magic and becomes insane
Chad Ganondorf:
  • "The Master Sword? What a joke"
  • Could blow up jupiter if he felt like it
  • His Gloom can drop you in a moments notice
  • Isn't even remotely scared of Link
  • Casually folded the original Sages
  • Lives up to the title of Demon King

Does this help with timeline placement or is it just a reference?

Well considering fierce diety, dark link, and toon link clothes are in it I'd say reference or who know we have to understand that this game is so so soo far ahead of the current timelines by tens of thousands of years its insane

Last edited:
Virgin Calamity:
  • Weak as hell
  • "Oh no ooooo owey those city level lasers hurt :("
  • Only personality trait is being angry
  • Malice is just nerfed Gloom
  • Makes his monsters stronger because he's scared of Link
  • Can't even keep control of his own magic and becomes insane
Chad Ganondorf:
  • "The Master Sword? What a joke"
  • Could blow up jupiter if he felt like it
  • His Gloom can drop you in a moments notice
  • Isn't even remotely scared of Link
  • Casually folded the original Sages
  • Lives up to the title of Demon King
What's funny about this is that that entire time in the original game (botw) they thought Calamity ganon was him and like THE actual ganon albiet just fodder and boy they were so wrong

Fodder like Bokoblins, Bubbulfrogs, or Lizalfos can probably scale to stuff like the bomb rune (which usually isn't enough to kill them, but can break crates and stuff) or the explosive barrels. Easy wall/small building

More intimidating fodder like Moblins, Boss Bokos, etc, can scale to Early Link

Bosses like Molduga, Greeok, GloomSpawn/Phantom Ganon, Talos, Lynel, and Hinox can probably scale to the Gloom Spawn cloud feat

Main story bosses like Mucktorok can probably just scale to the Master Sword or Colgera. Pre-Sage Sidon and the like can also be scaled here since they fight them alongside Link

Just my thoughts for the lower tiers so far, haven't beaten the game yet tho. Let me know if I missed anything scaling-wise

So what's the consensus on normal gerudo Ganondorf and his scaling? We know he's much stronger than his mummifed state but signficantly weaker than when he transforms with the secret stone, although given that he uses the secret stone to go from his mummified form to normal again and that he could last against Link for a decent period of time during the final battle before resorting to his stone, could it be argued he just downscales from his demonic form to some degree but not enough to drop to a lower tier?

Wait, couldn't Zelda have just purified Link's arm?
She didn't get the chance, plus after BOTW and before the upheaval she couldn't call upon her powers so I doubt even if she and Link didn't get separated she would've been able to do anything for his arm.

Fodder like Bokoblins, Bubbulfrogs, or Lizalfos can probably scale to stuff like the bomb rune (which usually isn't enough to kill them, but can break crates and stuff) or the explosive barrels. Easy wall/small building

More intimidating fodder like Moblins, Boss Bokos, etc, can scale to Early Link

Bosses like Molduga, Greeok, GloomSpawn/Phantom Ganon, Talos, Lynel, and Hinox can probably scale to the Gloom Spawn cloud feat

Main story bosses like Mucktorok can probably just scale to the Master Sword or Colgera. Pre-Sage Sidon and the like can also be scaled here since they fight them alongside Link

Just my thoughts for the lower tiers so far, haven't beaten the game yet tho. Let me know if I missed anything scaling-wise
I can comment more on this with actual tiering when I'm on break or off work

For Sidon I think the Keys should be:

BotW (Building level) | TotK Pre-Sage (Moon level) | TotK Post-Sage (Large Planet level)

For Sidon I think the Keys should be:

BotW (Building level) | TotK Pre-Sage (Moon level) | TotK Post-Sage (Large Planet leve)
Nah that doesn't even make sense Pre-Sage Sidon would be tier 7, none of the sages are tier 5 before they awaken to their sage shit when you do the dungeon

All pre-sage awakening peeps should be tier 7

Yunobo has a feat thats 8-B to 8-A, the storm in rito is tier 7, and whatever else happens in the gerudo stuff which I have yet to do

But considering the gleeko, lynel and the goron minibosss its easy to say 8-B to 8-A miniboses with the pre-Sage awakening tiers being tier 7 and post sage being maybe like 5-A

Also as said prior there's no difference between sidon now and in botw so he'd just have to keys one tier 7 and one tier 5

Back