• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

I think when Sidon, Yunobo, Riju, and Tulin awaken as Sages they should be At least 5-C, possibly 5-A.

They def scaled to mummified Ganondorf in some form, they could counter his attacks at Hyrule Castle and it's implied that at the very least their combined strength was too much for him to handle without his full power so solildy 5-C IMO. They could also hold their own against full power Ganondorf and his clones but once he went all out he one shot them so they'd at best downscale from the 21 yottatons calc.

I mean he shows water powers that are technically new
Yeah and the other zora show they can also purify the waters and do exactly what sidon was doing aside from the water bubble but otherwise they go out of their way to say he's actually been restraining himself in these times since botw so he hasn't been training or growing he's literally just been protecting the domain

Yeah they'll get separate pages with all the BOTW stuff currently on OG Ganondorfs profile being removed once those profiles are made. Don't know if we're keeping Age of Calamity stuff, we still use it last time I checked it's just an alt timeline due to time travel.

Should the limited be taken away from the Master Swords Time Travel? Since iirc it travels backwards in time at the beginning of the game without aid of the pedestal at the Temple of Time

Scumbag is right zelda didn't initiate rewind it literally travelled back on its own in the cutscene from the tear

It got put into the energy that does recall that stems from, it didn't just do it by itself Link had to put it into that time energy first before it could go back.

btw when it comes to scaling abilities between Malice and Gloom what'd be the best way to deal with that? As much as I'd love to just list it all together I know the site can be a bit anal about this kinda stuff without direct statements and such, so would we just stick all the Malice stuff in a seperate tab for Ganondorf and preface it with something like "Should possess the same abilties blah blah blah" and then dump all the abilities from Malice that he didn't showcase in this game with his Gloom.

It got put into the energy that does recall that stems from, it didn't just do it by itself Link had to put it into that time energy first before it could go back.
Ah okay that's weird then because technically neither zelda nor link initiated the light that did the recall it was just there

btw when it comes to scaling abilities between Malice and Gloom what'd be the best way to deal with that? As much as I'd love to just list it all together I know the site can be a bit anal about this kinda stuff without direct statements and such, so would we just stick all the Malice stuff in a seperate tab for Ganondorf and preface it with something like "Should possess the same abilties blah blah blah" and then dump all the abilities from Malice that he didn't showcase in this game with his Gloom.
That's what I'd say since gloom is functionally just malice on steroids

Ah okay that's weird then because technically neither zelda nor link initiated the light that did the recall it was just there
Yeah it's weird but I guess that's because the sword already has minor time powers, it probably activated recall by itself once it had access to that energy so probs just further justification for it's limited time travel.

Also thank **** Link is way more haxxy on this game than the last like he's even got funny resistance to death manipulation

Let's see 5 summons, an unarmed technique from yiga, the constructs, definitely not just a reskined magic armor, and surprisingly good adhesive manipulation.

Age of Calamity is weird. It's an alternate timeline stemming from the Egg Guardian's involvement.

I think it can be used for the most part. For example, everything pre-egg happened the exact same as it did in the main timeline. Stuff like the second gen Champions showing up and the Blights getting defeated obviously can't be used, but I think it's fairly accurate.

Stuff like the second gen Champions showing up and the Blights getting defeated obviously can't be used, but I think it's fairly accurate.
Why not they were sent back in time to beat the blights and then went back to the future I don’t think it messes with anything.

They never mention it that doesn’t mean they don’t remember
If the events of Age of Calamity were canon to BotW/TotK, it would be absurd to never have any of the characters mention it, even as an offhanded reference. Sidon never mentions meeting Mipha or taking down Water Blight, none of them recall facing Ganon, etc. I'm positive there exists something that either confirms ot debunks this though

And tbh? I think that's for the best, story-wise at least. Having a time travel spinoff AU game be canon would just be bad for the continuity.

If the events of Age of Calamity were canon to BotW/TotK, it would be absurd to never have any of the characters mention it, even as an offhanded reference. Sidon never mentions meeting Mipha or taking down Water Blight, none of them recall facing Ganon, etc. I'm positive there exists something that either confirms ot debunks this though

And tbh? I think that's for the best, story-wise at least. Having a time travel spinoff AU game be canon would just be bad for the continuity.
They outright say that no one is going to believe them

Last edited:
Think we need a thread to determine whether or not we can use Age of Calamity for the main profiles, it's canonicity has always been a hot topic and even without the time travel stuff casuing a split timeline the events in the game don't line up with BOTW (Most notably Link had the Master since he was like 13 or something, but in Age of Calamity he doesn't have it when Terrako first arrives and any changes to the timeline can happen)

Well we ended up just using it anyway, Calamity Ganon has abilities listed on the profile that came from Age of Calamity and we have Link and Zelda at FTL via the flurry rush due to a calc from the game as well (Although Link has it listed as his normal combat speed for some reason). It's why I think we need another thread to discuss it properly.

Well we ended up just using it anyway, Calamity Ganon has abilities listed on the profile that came from Age of Calamity and we have Link and Zelda at FTL via the flurry rush due to a calc from the game as well (Although Link has it listed as his normal combat speed for some reason). It's why I think we need another thread to discuss it properly.
Ah then it should probably be negged then

Back