• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

The fact that King Dorephan could fight off the water temple boss (Albeit with high difficulty) and implied he could've done more to stop it in his prime is kinda insane
Well I tried to say those champion tier characters aren't 8-C jobbers like people in this thread think but hey everyone thinks 8-C sidon and mipha is where its at

Like the King is actually pretty good to be at the any level of boss tier while out of prime

Also storywise and the intended order of things you're supposed to get the master sword AFTER the four temples so everything between then is fair as midgame which entails

8-C early game | 7-C midgame | 5-A endgame

Considering the sage characters pre-awakening can fight the bosses they'd scale to 7-C and hell a miniboss scales to a 8-B to 8-A feat in the Goron shit so that's where that rating comes from which is bare minum King Dorephan scales while weakened

Also gleeko storm go brrrr easy 8-A to 7-C

Last edited:
The Monster-Control Crew should be 9-B, right?
Somewhere between 9-B and 9-A considering they have Gorons who are consistently and easily like 9-A maybe at the very very most 8-C but usually 9-A

They'd scale to fodder yeah. 9-B or 9-A, maybe 8-C at most

Could we maybe get a calc for the bomb runes or explosive barrels? Dale is already doing a lot of work though (which I am very thankful for!!)
Yeah I can do that and bomb flowers

Even if we scaled them to Remote Bombs or Bomb Flowers, they would never do as much damage as them, unless they like get stronger later. They SHOULD have 8-C Durability, though.

Even if we scaled them to Remote Bombs or Bomb Flowers, they would never do as much damage as them, unless they like get stronger later. They SHOULD have 8-C Durability, though.
Well its not like they're gonna have their own pages all the bombs will simply scale as to links physicals literally all the bombs are 8-C though the remote bombs in botw are 8-C+ however since all the bombs 1 shot early game link anyways I'd say them being 8-C+ still should be fine

She gets time reversal. So that's neat. Wouldn't say her power bestowal is slow, only took so long using it because ganondorf is such a gigachad that she really needed to squeeze every second of those 10,000+ years just so the Master Sword could take him on.

Also time travel but obviously she has no control over that and could only pull it off once by complete accident.

She gets time reversal. So that's neat. Wouldn't say her power bestowal is slow, only took so long using it because ganondorf is such a gigachad that she really needed to squeeze every second of those 10,000+ years just so the Master Sword could take him on.

Also time travel but obviously she has no control over that and could only pull it off once by complete accident.
Well she'd have to have a dragon key in which case she'd also have immortality, flight, resistance to cold, and also have healing abilities

Once we get all the calcs done, I can make a huge scaling CRT to downgrade the Guardians (and Blights?) and propose a final outline for how BotW/TotK scaling go (with input from y'all of course)

Once we get all the calcs done, I can make a huge scaling CRT to downgrade the Guardians (and Blights?) and propose a final outline for how BotW/TotK scaling go (with input from y'all of course)
We're completely downgrading Botw and disconnecting it from the other master sword scaling for reasons given in this thread already and then yup doing an outline for what botw and totk

Botw:
Calamity ganon and Master Sword 7-B
Blights and divine beast low 7-B
Early game 8-C

Totk:
Ganondorf and Master Sword 5-A
Bosses 7-C (pre sage awakening characters scale here i.e Sidon, Tulin etc. Etc.)
Minibosses 8-B to low 7-C (depending on two calcs I've gotta do)
Early game: 8-C

Now that I've seen the context, shouldn't the Sages blatantly scale to the 5-A feat? Ganondorf performs it very casually by using a Secret Stone, which all the sages have.

(Casual Ganondorf = Sages < Serious Ganondorf) makes sense to me

Now that I've seen the context, shouldn't the Sages blatantly scale to the 5-A feat? Ganondorf performs it very casually by using a Secret Stone, which all the sages have.

Just because they have a secret stone I wouldn't say they could use it on the same scale as he could.

they explicitly don't scale to ganondorfs full power since all of them together fighting him literally stood no chance against him and had no hope of winning

They could scale to his weakened state sure at 5-C but they'd be something like this "5-C, possibly at most 5-A"

Yeah the sages don't truly scale to the 5-A feat, having a secret stone doesn't mean much since the amp Ganondorf got was way higher than the amps the sages got when they used the stones. Hyrule Compendium entry for Ganondorf even seems to imply it's more of an awakened power thing instead of a straightforward amp that equally applies to everyone.

Last edited:
Back