• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Dunno why but this reminded me of a Vaati doge meme:
qhla1czjajf61.png

Just realized, why did he want to marry Zelda again?

So are we gonna CRT the current BotW profiles first, or are we gonna post TotK profiles first?
Doesn't really matter in all honesty, the new TOTK profiles don't really rely too much on BOTW and anything they do rely on can be changed whenever we need to change them. Although preferably we'd get both done in one fell swoop.

Just realized, why did he want to marry Zelda again?
I think he just went insane at that point, one of the guide books mentions that his mental state went way down after Minish Cap (To the point that he doesn't even remember being a minish) so he just saw Zelda and went "oooo pretty" and that was it. Although given that Vaati is centuries old by that point and Zelda in that game is like 12...

Just another reason why that purple freak deserve to be slandered.

Doesn't really matter in all honesty, the new TOTK profiles don't really rely too much on BOTW and anything they do rely on can be changed whenever we need to change them. Although preferably we'd get both done in one fell swoop.
Everyone who has Keys in both games rely on BotW.

Everyone who has Keys in both games rely on BotW.
No? We already have calcs for early game BOTW and end game BOTW. We also have calcs for early game TOTK and end game TOTK. They are not the same, the games have basically totally disconnected scaling as well.

It's been a month and not a single profile has been made and not a single CRT has been uploaded.
I just spend 3 straight hours gathering every statement and making various albums for All-Night Mask, and that's after I already had it all saved. The mask that does literally one thing and that's it (And I don't mean ability, I mean it does exactly ONE thing in the game itself). And that's ignoring the past 2+ months of me actually gathering everything. And that's for Majora, one of the short Zelda games.
******* god help whoever is doing TOTK or BOTW Link, if it took a year I wouldn't blame them.

No? We already have calcs for early game BOTW and end game BOTW. We also have calcs for early game TOTK and end game TOTK. They are not the same, the games have basically totally disconnected scaling as well.
...Yes, so we'd have to know what we're doing for both Keys.

I just spend 3 straight hours gathering every statement and making various albums for All-Night Mask, and that's after I already had it all saved. The mask that does literally one thing and that's it (And I don't mean ability, I mean it does exactly ONE thing in the game itself). And that's ignoring the past 2+ months of me actually gathering everything. And that's for Majora, one of the short Zelda games.
******* god help whoever is doing TOTK or BOTW Link, if it took a year I wouldn't blame them.
Why are you going back to Majora's Mask? On the Tears of the Kingdom thread?

...Yes, so we'd have to know what we're doing for both Keys.
We already do though 🗿
To prove a point, if overhauling Majora's takes that long, how long do you think doing TOTK shit is gonna take? You said yourself it's only been a month, be patient.

Buddy oh my ******* god he's been working on that since before tears released people have had other zelda projects already, I myself was doing stuff for zelda 1 and 2. Why is that a problem

We already do though 🗿

To prove a point, if overhauling Majora's takes that long, how long do you think doing TOTK shit is gonna take? You said yourself it's only been a month, be patient.
Do we? If you post profiles with this brand new scaling, they'll just change it back to VSBW's scaling.

TotK isn't exactly a deep game. If you know all the lore, you're basically set for every important profile.

Do we? If you post profiles with this brand new scaling, they'll just change it back to VSBW's scaling.
Who the **** is "they", you mean the dozen lads working on shit that have sorted and came to an agreement mre or less 😭
TotK isn't exactly a deep game. If you know all the lore, you're basically set for every important profile.
Never make a profile.

Who the **** is "they", you mean the dozen lads working on shit that have sorted and came to an agreement mre or less 😭

Never make a profile.
All BotW profiles are still at 6-C.

I'm actually pretty much the strictest guy around when it comes to the quality of profiles.

I'm actually pretty much the strictest guy around when it comes to the quality of profiles.
THE CRT HASN'T BEEN MADE YET CAUSE WE'RE WORKING ON IT ALL AT ONCE THAT WILL CHANGE WITH THE TEARS CRT

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT MAN🫥

Also saying you're the strictest guy is bullshit

Yes, that is obviously going to change, we've been working on values to scale them to since before TOTK came out 🗿 (That's why I got Dale to calc the Divine Beast **** off beam to begin with).
Clearly not if you think just knowing some lore is going to magically manifest Link's item section which is going to need literally hundreds, probably thousands, of scans just for the basic bitch stuff. Let alone everything else.

Good, I just wanted to know if the CRTs or the profiles would come first. Literally all I was curious about.

We didn't need any of that for BotW, I dunno what's different now other than a nerfed selection and some items that weren't in BotW.

Blud's insane if ya think we ain't putting a little nice gif of Link yeeting a magic pomegranate at a gremlin to show what it does next to the item description, coupled with the dozen applications that funny grape can do too.
We didn't need any of that for BotW, I dunno what's different now other than a nerfed selection and some items that weren't in BotW.
We actually did need that for BOTW, that's why the profile is ******* ass, it doesn't have shit, didn't you just say you were the strictest when it comes to profile quality?

Some items? Literally hundreds. Which, btw, gotta add all the missing BOTW shit too. And it's not just items, we need calcs, abilities, resistances and feats. Even something as basic as Link being frozen and breaking free is important to note, cite and list.

I have 61 images and 56 gifs just for ALTTP Link's standard equipment section (And I still need to add a few more)

I can't even begin to imagine how long it'd take to get all the needed images and gifs for TOTK and his comically large arsenal.

Blud's insane if ya think we ain't putting a little nice gif of Link yeeting a magic pomegranate at a gremlin to show what it does next to the item description, coupled with the dozen applications that funny grape can do too.

We actually did need that for BOTW, that's why the profile is ******* ass, it doesn't have shit, didn't you just say you were the strictest when it comes to profile quality?

Some items? Literally hundreds. Which, btw, gotta add all the missing BOTW shit too. And it's not just items, we need calcs, abilities, resistances and feats. Even something as basic as Link being frozen and breaking free is important to note, cite and list.
I'm strict alright, but almost none of that is even needed. There's a million items that all do literally the exact same thing. There's a few statements in BotW like how a guy wins every race he participates in because he eats a Rushroom right beforehand, but that should just make certain meals upscale. There's no need to list down every single speed boost item ever. In fact doing that with literally EVERYthing you can pick up will just overpopulate the profile fast.

I'm strict alright, but almost none of that is even needed. There's a million items that all do literally the exact same thing. There's a few statements in BotW like how a guy wins every race he participates in because he eats a Rushroom right beforehand, but that should just make certain meals upscale. There's no need to list down every single speed boost item ever. In fact doing that with literally EVERYthing you can pick up will just overpopulate the profile fast.
We're an indexing wiki, we index shit. If he can do speed amps via mushroom, we mention he has the mushroom and it can amp speed.

It's honestly that simple. Not listing it would be failing to index an item that can not only heal link, speed amp link, but is a method he can deploy if his other options can't for some reason, it's useful but ultimately it doesn't change the fact he has it either way and people who don't know the game wouldn't know that if we didn't list it.

I would really separate BotW and AoC into separate profiles. I could easily see that getting people confused into thinking their BotW showings are that strong.

I could always put the note higher on the profile, but in terms of just profile stuff then there really are not BotW showings. Since they all basically only do one impressive thing on screen in that game.

I know, which is why the note is there saying it's using both of those versions.

• They big
  • They have red hair
  • Both have a sword
idk man similarities are there
While that is true, Demise looks like a ******* pug who got kicked in the face.
I can't reasonably think someone like that is comparable to the bearded Chad non-pug genetics that is Ganondorf.

Back