• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

Start with things that scaling to the Sages CANNOT be disputed for each of the Keys, then move up to higher and higher possible scalings and gather reasonings for them to scale like that.
Or the people in charge of actually making the profile can do it however they please as long as the end result is ultimately accepted :)

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid 5 downgrades of the profile you thought was super cool and strong.
"oh they have this feat and straightforward scaling that everyone agrees to, let's just use this instead of systematically calcing things that don't cap or limit them at all"
"nah dude, you're wanking i wanna avoid a bunch of downgrade threads".

What is my blud waffling about.

I've been accused of wanking Legend of Zelda plenty of times for simply following the scaling I thought was obvious.

Another project we should do (that we probably should have done before TotK was released) is add all the Zelda profiles not on the verse page onto the verse page. It's been long enough and it makes people accidentally skip them when revision threads come in.

Another project we should do (that we probably should have done before TotK was released) is add all the Zelda profiles not on the verse page onto the verse page. It's been long enough and it makes people accidentally skip them when revision threads come in.
You might want to go to the main Zelda thread to discuss that.

Well you should keep in mind pretty much everyone one here but me probably knows more about how Zelda scaling works on this site better

Last edited:
Bro, we need to start deleting profiles. The vast majority are trash.
We need quality control, and I can count the profiles on one hand that are merely sufficient.

The while verse page needs a major overhaul too, it looks like trash and is outdated as ****. Maybe once we actually have things looking nice, we can start making profiles for boss#42069, or bokoblin with a very pointy stick. But as it stands, most need to either be rehauled from the groundup, or deleted and then redone from scratch, and it ain't just me who thinks so.
I've been debating LoZ WAAAAY before I was pointed to the VSBW forums.
Cool. But you do know what happens off-forum doesn't matter here right? Ignoring the fact you somehow missed "as long as the end result is ultimately accepted" part of my post, you being called a wanker, downplayer, or whatever the **** off site doesn't change a thing here (Honestly this sounds like a personal issue), what matters is if the majority here agree with shit.

Bro, we need to start deleting profiles. The vast majority are trash.
We need quality control, and I can count the profiles on one hand that are merely sufficient.

The while verse page needs a major overhaul too, it looks like trash and is outdated as ****. Maybe once we actually have things looking nice, we can start making profiles for boss#42069, or bokoblin with a very pointy stick. But as it stands, most need to either be rehauled from the groundup, or deleted and then redone from scratch, and it ain't just me who thinks so.
Ok, I'm curious. Which profiles do you think needs to be deleted?
Cool. But you do know what happens off-forum doesn't matter here right? Ignoring the fact you somehow missed "as long as the end result is ultimately accepted" part of my post, you being called a wanker, downplayer, or whatever the **** off site doesn't change a thing here (Honestly this sounds like a personal issue), what matters is if the majority here agree with shit.
Yeah, but tierings for a profile don't have to be agreed upon by the community before you post the profile. Well, the calcs do, but you know what I mean. A lot of times someone posts a profile that says something no one else agrees with.

Yeah, but tierings for a profile don't have to be agreed upon by the community before you post the profile. Well, the calcs do, but you know what I mean. A lot of times someone posts a profile that says something no one else agrees with.
Then you're just causing way more problems in the wiki no one wants to deal eith and your validity is shot

Considering what you're referring to you'd def not be in good graces with profiles the majority of people won't agree with

Ok, I'm curious. Which profiles do you think needs to be deleted?
I'd be better off naming which ones shouldn't be deleted.
Which would be Ganon, Midna, and the few Dusty has overhauled. The rest suck, and some are either so outdated to the point it isn't even funny, or have like 3 lines of text with zero justifications or citations or scans which absolutely isn't allowed anymore.

Obviously, the plan would be to recreate them, but I'm baffled most of these survived the Tlmbrg purge.
Yes they do? What are you talking about? Those people are ignorant unintentionally or don't care brother, but most dudes make CRT's or drop the sandbox in chats or the discussion threads to have others evaluate it first, if not make a CRT for the creation of the profile to get ok's for it, see a lot of Armor's CRT's.
kinda like what we're doing right now, with Qawsed dropping his drafts for some opinions 🗿
In fact, the rules basically say you should always have others evaluate shit before you publish.

The only time this doesn't apply is for brand new verses that have absolutely nothing on the wiki, and even then it's recommended to make a thread on it first to get a second opinion on shit.

Then you're just causing way more problems in the wiki no one wants to deal eith and your validity is shot

Considering what you're referring to you'd def not be in good graces with profiles the majority of people won't agree with
...Yes, which is why I want people to not do that

I'd be better off naming which ones shouldn't be deleted.
Which would be Ganon, Midna, and the few Dusty has overhauled. The rest suck, and some are either so outdated to the point it isn't even funny, or have like 3 lines of text with zero justifications or citations or scans which absolutely isn't allowed anymore.

Obviously, the plan would be to recreate them, but I'm baffled most of these survived the Tlmbrg purge.
Yeah I haven't been around long enough to know who Dusty (or Armor) is or what the Tlmbrg purge is. I'm pretty sure 90% of our profiles could just get a CRT.

Alright new plan, I think everyone should make their own profiles
ezgif-2-7a7d357e90.gif

Bruh that's the type of shit that leads to either extreme wank or extreme downplay if it ends up being entirely one person's own opinion free of objection, actively going against the very thing you were complaining about. Also like, we don't do that here, that's a CSAP thing.

I think it'd be very cool to have several profiles of Zant, I can finally give him the 2-C rating he deserves

Regarding profile deletions I think besides the obvious reasons of them just, being really bad, I think several also break our composite rules (Like we have normal Zoras with sage powers because of Ruto).

ezgif-2-7a7d357e90.gif

Bruh that's the type of shit that leads to either extreme wank or extreme downplay if it ends up being entirely one person's own opinion free of objection, actively going against the very thing you were complaining about. Also like, we don't do that here, that's a CSAP thing.
You complained when I said the exact opposite, wtf do you want man

Back