• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

I mean, what would he even do against a horse villain? He can't control horses so he can't just, like, mind control this hypothetical horse villain or summon an army of normal horses to aid him, he'd only be able to send telepathic messages if the villain sleeps in a specific bed and even then those messages wouldn't help him at all, only thing he could use is stat amping which would just make the horse villain stronger than more likely to kick malanyas ass.

I think the hearts and stamina is just from the bed itself and not him, normal beds can grant a little bit of extra health and other special beds not related to horses or stables can do the same.

He seems to have limited esp regarding horses telling how they died, if they died, and how they feel about link for example also a statement about not having corporeal arms

Best guess is that they're still scaled to when we had bombs at High 7-A and just never got updated when bombs got downgraded.

Yeah if you want an example of just bare bones a lot of the profiles can be, go look at ALTTP Link's profile and then compare it to my sandbox of him. And that's one of the lighter examples of how much more can be added to the profiles.
As the guy who just decided one day to almost completely fix the Twilight Princess and Adventure of Link profiles (without even needing a CRT), please please for the love of god fix the Link to the Past page he really needs it man

Profile be like
"Large Size Type 0, Limited Resurrection (Can revive horses that have died, albeit only if they're registered at affiliated stables. Does not apply to anything that isn't a horse, as well as wild horses, Stalhorses, mystical horse-like entities, or bears), Limited Telepathy (Can telepathically speak to others as they dream, but only at stables, and only in a specific type of bed), Limited Body Control (His head-mask thingy can spin????), possibly Superhuman Physical Characteristics (He's kinda big, he could probably beat someone up, maybe)."
You're trying too hard to find something to make profiles for. A lot of possible profiles are right in front of you.

Hyrule Warriors, Age of Calamity, the Sages/Champions in TotK, hell, even Cadence of Hyrule.

Also he'd be Small Building level via sheer size so yeah Superhuman Physical Characteristics

You're trying too hard to find something to make profiles for. A lot of possible profiles are right in front of you.

Hyrule Warriors, Age of Calamity, the Sages/Champions in TotK, hell, even Cadence of Hyrule.

Also he'd be Small Building level via sheer size so yeah Superhuman Physical Characteristics
He was only brought up to point out how meaningless the title god is in the series.

The Joke

Your head

Later on Midna says the following
That shining sphere illuminates this world. It's called a Sol. It's like the sun of your world, Link. The power of the Sol is the source of life in this world... It is pure power. Ah! As long as you have this... Would you take this Sol to the Twili at the entrance of this world? Please, Link! - Midna
Amazing... The power of the Sols has been transferred to your sword... The guardian deities of my world are on our side, too! You really are the chosen one, Link... A true hero! As long as you have that sword, you should be able to repel the shadows Zant has spread!
They are both the source of light and the guardian deities of the realm. Which is why I said they were hilariously weak combat wise

Also absolutely not, GPE would be 9-B at best, and not even deep into it, to be 9-A via GPE or size he has to either be giga dense, or be like, well nothing actually, to be 9-A and above you need a calc, so he either does a 9-A feat, or is like 10x as big as he is right now to get GPE.

They are both the source of light and the guardian deities of the realm. Which is why I said they were hilariously weak combat wise
There are literally a dozen things that could mean.

• She could mean the guardian deities allowed the Master Sword to absorb the Sols.
  • She could mean the guardian deities could have kept the Sols from being absorbed but allowed it to happen.
  • She could even just mean their attempts to retake the Twilight Realm are going exceptionally well.

There are literally a dozen things that could mean.
I can't see it. To explain
Amazing... The power of the Sols has been transferred to your sword... The guardian deities of my world are on our side, too! You really are the chosen one, Link... A true hero! As long as you have that sword, you should be able to repel the shadows Zant has spread!
So reading the line
  • The power of the Sols has been transferred to your sword - Obvious - The strength of the sols have moved into the mastersword
  • The guardian deities of my world are on our side, too! - She says this right after the previous line and is talking about Link's new lightsword
The only real indication I can get from this is that the Sol are the guardian deities of the Twilight Realm.

To add, this is from the wiki regarding the translation
According to the original Japanese text, Midna mentions that the Hyruleans mistakenly believe the Twilight Realm to be an afterlife realm.[25][26] In addition, the Japanese expression "守護神" that is used for the "guardian deities" of the Twilight Realm, can be used to refer not only to animate but inanimate entities as well.[20][27] It is possible that Midna is referring to the Sols which appear to be inanimate.
So all-in-all I worship our orb gods

There's like a million moving inanimate objects in the Twilight Realm. And they still wouldn't be 9-C
A million inanimate objects that have sacred light power that bolsters Link's sword to newfound heights and is talked about in that exact same strand of thought?
And they still wouldn't be 9-C
You right, they'd actually 10-C (Physically can not attack), but with stonewall durability :)

So is age of calamity canon again because I think that means 5-C scaling if we accept calamity Ganon being about the fragment of ganondorf’s power that moved the moon, or he himself moved the moon

Looks good so far. Are there any confirmed ages? I recall seeing somewhere that Mipha supposed to be around 50 when she died.
Afaik there's no confirmed ages for anyone. There's some estimations on Mipha's age that puts her in the 30-60 range. The others we have no clue.

As a guess Urbosa is probably 30-40 (childhood friend with Zelda's mom), Revali is probably young-ish (19-25) based on how he talks to Link and Daruk is a goron so he might be 50 or 250.

So is age of calamity canon again because I think that means 5-C scaling if we accept calamity Ganon being about the fragment of ganondorf’s power that moved the moon, or he himself moved the moon
We could use exclusively AOC, it wouldn't make anyone 5-C. We pretty much know for a fact the Blood Moon is done under the actual Ganon's power, and it's something he does with the Secret Stone too.

In a vacuum it'd make sense to scale them and honestly, if TOTK didn't come out I'd even argue for it, but TOTK shoots down Calamity Ganon being any except the most dogshit fodder the verse has ever seen. Dude retroactively got downgraded tbh, like a year ago he would have scaled, but now, they don't even get the shitty version.

I figured that since the Champions don't have enough from just BotW to have profiles I'd drawn from both games.

For AoC Ganon it might be better to just calc that version or use the BotW calc than scale to ToTK.

I guess that make sense honestly I am somewhat surprised a yiga foot soldier has more powers than the champions and sages have outside of AoC

I guess that make sense honestly I am somewhat surprised a yiga foot soldier has more powers than the champions and sages have outside of AoC
It's still a work in progress, but overall without AoC none of the OG champions have enough to justify a profile.

Plus for AoC to my knowledge Nintendo has never called it non-canon and there's plenty of promotional material that calls it canon, albeit an alternate universe. So it may still count idk.

Well actually, if we're going with just BotW stuff then it might be more corruption than movement. Creating a Champion mentions that Ganon's power "stains" the sky, which is what causes the Blood Moon.
Probably both tbh, the moon quite literally does move, you can watch the moon itself physically enlarge, cutscene cue, and then rapidly fly backward back to normal position post-cutscene in game. It's absolutely moving. it just isn't calamity ganon that's doing it
The DD Blood Moon though is actually fake, unlike the other Blood Moons in game, that one in particular ain't real, which sucks because that one would have been 5-A+ to low 4-C.

We probably need to calc feats for them, they obviously don't scale to the Divine Beasts giant **** off beam or the MS, but they also ain't a billion times weaker.
Worst case they can maybe scale to TOTK Sages pre-magic pebble? (Given Sidon ain't much different, he'd be about the same between BOTW and TOTK, minus that mental handicap). The only issue with that is Tulin > Teba, who's = Revali, and the fact the other sages are kinda comparable to the champs, despite getting quite a big buff come TOTK from just the time skip alone like Riju and Gobon. So the Sages might be a tad above the champions, like, inherently.

They probably have some tier 7 shit if we look though regardless.

Worst case they can maybe scale to TOTK Sages pre-magic pebble?
If we're taking AoC as being useable then they scale to the Guardians (all Champions beat one afaik) and scale to the Blights who can physically damage the Divine Beasts.

So they're probably Tier 7. Might be worth calcing one of the random energy beams that just craters a mountainside for another tier.

For the Sages, even pre-timeskip I'm not sure with scaling. We just don't really have a solid reason, especially if we do use AoC since they're younger selves are 1:1 with the old champions.

It's still a work in progress, but overall without AoC none of the OG champions have enough to justify a profile.

Plus for AoC to my knowledge Nintendo has never called it non-canon and there's plenty of promotional material that calls it canon, albeit an alternate universe. So it may still count idk.
That happened however they also made a difference in regards to the master sword thing but I think that’s it.

For the Sages, even pre-timeskip I'm not sure with scaling. We just don't really have a solid reason, especially if we do use AoC since they're younger selves are 1:1 with the old champions.
I'm aware, which is why I mention Sidon in specific. Riju is older and way stronger, Yonobo is way, way stronger, Tulin speaks for itself (And Teba is below him anyway). Only dude who's basically the same is Sidon between TOTK and BOTW, and as such, AoC.
Which yeah, hence the issue, every sage > AoC self, who are on par with the champions, minus fish but be real, he's lowkey > Mipha anyway.

Like worse case scenario, the champs could be like "At most [TOTK sage pre pebble value]", or the mythical "Lower than [TOTK sage pre pebble value]".
Of course getting calcs of their own would be best, this is more in the case of "they're ****** and got nothing to go on".

Start with things that scaling to the Sages CANNOT be disputed for each of the Keys, then move up to higher and higher possible scalings and gather reasonings for them to scale like that.

Start with things that scaling to the Sages CANNOT be disputed for each of the Keys, then move up to higher and higher possible scalings and gather reasonings for them to scale like that.
or we could just scale them honestly to tier 7 as they are pre-secret stone and then 5-C possibly 5-A with secret stones

Back