• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

It's such character assassination that Link would let the Yiga continue to live, much less exist as an organization, after everything they've done. Most other Links would have killed all of them.

Genuine question, have you ever touched a Zelda game before?

Because I can ensure you, most other Links are not the Hyrule version of the Punisher. They wouldn't go out of their way to hunt down and systematically kill every single Yiga clan member. Also very bold assumption Link is actively choosing to just let the organization continue to exist as opposed to just, not being able to really get rid of them permanently because they often hide away and always teleport away whenever he beats them?

Yeah, that's why the Hero of Time systematically killed the Pirates in MM. 🗿
If Link killed every Yiga, that would be character assassination.

My favorite part of Twilight Princess was when Link brutally killed King Bulblin as payback for what he did throughout the game 🗿

Like seriously, unless it's a horrific demon/monster that is an actual genuine threat and not some goofy ninjas that skip like small children when they see bananas, Link's probably not gonna kill them.

I think the only humanoid person Link ever strictly kills is like, Zant or Ganondorf.

The only Link I really know who legit murked a bunch of humans was ALTTP Link. Most don't really fight dudes in massed numbers.

The Warrior Links have killed enough people that they would be in the Nuremberg trials so that's not wild.

Especially... him.
20180221_031645.jpg

Is there a calc for mummy Ganondorf lifting the Castle?
Also
Can someone explain to me why we stopped considering Ganondorf endless night as him stopping the sun?
Link cannot switch to sun even with the Song right?

Can someone explain to me why we stopped considering Ganondorf endless night as him stopping the sun?
Him stopping the planet's rotation makes, which we also don't do, makes more sense than him someone blacking out the sun temporarily.

Is there a calc for mummy Ganondorf lifting the Castle?
Also
Link cannot switch to sun even with the Song right?
Lack of context. All we know is that he did a curse, and the curse caused an endless night + storm. It could be anything from stopping the planet's rotation (High 6-A), stopping the ******* sun itself (like High 5-A to 4-C), or shit like time manip, really god weather manip, or legit just light manip and so on.
(Edit: They also say "over the great sea", which implies it's kinda only localized over a continent-sized locale ig).

That feat is probably something like 7-B tbh. OOT Ganon has the same feat on a much lower scale and it's 7-C.

Last edited:
(Edit: They also say "over the great sea", which implies it's kinda only localized over a continent-sized locale ig).
I think the spell he cast is the same one that's on the Forsaken Fortress, which is why it's perma-night there until Ganondorf dips out.

Honestly, probably the safest assumption, meaning it's just localized fuckery, but in one case, on a continental scale.
Not good for much except for the funny storm that came with it which is just 6-C.

Thought we already had profiles for the smash versions of Link (And every character in those games really), surprised we don't.

Something interesting I noticed after doing the Horned Statue quest is that they expanded on his lore a bit.

Apparently according to Jerrin he was a god and the opposite of Hylia, being her counterpart, and that the two cannot exist without one another, their power manifesting through the other's existence.

So basically instead of a demon Hylia sealed away a god.

Demise is just some demon asshole who came out of nowhere. The progenitor of demon-kind. But he wasn't a deity.
Ghirahim sucking him off like he was one don't count.

Btw didn't Malladus want Zelda lightoforce?
I think hylia should scale to Zelda lightforce and above the spirit of goods that sealed Malladus

Malladus just wanted her body
Correct, my dear. The Spirit Tracks carry that energy. If the tracks are lost, the tower's energy will fade, and so will the Demon King's prison. And that's just what the evil ones are after! They aim to resurrect Malladus, the Demon King. Right now, my strength maintains his shackles, but it's only a matter of time until they're broken.

Of course, in order to resurrect Malladus, they need one other key ingredient...

A vessel from the royal line of ancient Hyrule, with sacred power coursing through its veins. Yes, Malladus requires YOU in order to return. But...only your shell, my dear.

It would be the only vessel suitable for him to inhabit.
The only other thing that's said is this
I...I couldn't best Byrne. I have to admit, he has grown very strong. Of course, he's had a century to train. And he's always had the drive to succeed.

And now Malladus has been resurrected...

Yes. And once he adapts to your body, my dear, even the spirits of good would be nothing to him. They would be unable to seal him away again. Such is the extent of your body's sacred power.

Is there no way to force him out for good?

In the battle between the Demon King and the spirits, there was a weapon called the Bow of Light... Perhaps it can drive his spirit from your body.

There's not much time to rid your body of his spirit. Resting even a moment could cost you your life. However...

However?

If we force out the spirit of Malladus, my dear, I don't know what will happen to your body. If things go wrong... Your spirit might not be able to reenter.

No... It can't be!
Malladus wanted her body because the Spirits of Good couldn't do anything with her sacred power, which would prevent his sealing. Seems more like a hax resistance thing than a power thing. To further we have this regarding the compass
The Demon Train comes from the Dark Realm. But even Cole didn't know its exact location at first. He had me build a compass using the spirits' power to find the Demon Train in the Dark Realm. Since the compass uses the power of the spirits, Cole and Malladus can't touch it. That's why it should still be where we left it.
Malladus is weak to the energy of the spirits, but Zelda's body wouldn't be.

Malladus just wanted her body

The only other thing that's said is this

Malladus wanted her body because the Spirits of Good couldn't do anything with her sacred power, which would prevent his sealing. Seems more like a hax resistance thing than a power thing. To further we have this regarding the compass

Malladus is weak to the energy of the spirits, but Zelda's body wouldn't be.
Honestly Demise below Malladus seems to be anti-lore.
I also don't get why we only have Malladus at large country level if he said the world itself, not Just new hyrule, we should consider what Is around it as well I guess? Or at least we should put an "at least"

+ I rememember a statement in hyrule historia about Demise being able to destroy the world, even though It was kind of generic.

And I Remember something related to the title of demon King which would have suggested Ganondorf and Demise above Malladus but idk

+ I rememember a statement in hyrule historia about Demise being able to destroy the world, even though It was kind of generic.
Isnt “world ending/destroying” statements most of the time considered vague? Considering he’s currely Tier 6, it’s very much possible for him to end the world
Not denying Demise > Malladus, still find that Malladus is weirdly powerful here in the wiki

Isnt “world ending/destroying” statements most of the time considered vague? Considering he’s currely Tier 6, it’s very much possible for him to end the world
Not denying Demise > Malladus, still find that Malladus is weirdly powerful here in the wiki
Yeah It Is kinda vague as I said, but if I Remember correctly there should be and element about Ganondorf being called "The Great Demon King" instead of mere "Demon King" something along those Lines. I also don't Remember our scaling for Multi-continent level Ganondorf honestly

High 6-A Ganondorf comes from Light Arrows scaling to Twinmold and Giant’s Mask Link, who = The Termina Giants
Also i dont think going for titles alone will be enough, reminder that Vaati is called a “demon god” yet he’s fodder to most villains in the verse

Back