• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and a thread to make bleach god tiers low 2-C literally have 0 counter arguments, or it was that good or bleach community is just.... weird
No ******* way, No wonder there will be one of those videos that had a gripe with this site. Imagine if by any chance some big leagues were to be recommended the site with them seeing the TF2 calcs and they found those reverting's of 9-B's to actually be sussy because I know full damn well myself that they're more then a ******* 9-B like all of those people is enough to show interest in it too.

The delay from them might be suggesting attempting countering the whole thing and worse, trying to separate TF2 from comics which currently seems like the stupidest things considered ever because its a bit clear they are a part of each other amongst Timelines evidence.

Last edited:
It's my mistake for forgetting about this existing having been not entirely active here as is, sorry for that.

Regarding the canon stuff I'm not as much up in arms over it as I was prior and it wasn't fully my argument had I only received the scan from another user, so I'll just focus on the here and now.

I also brought this up earlier, but I don't think anyone noticed. Ms Pauling was able to strike with comparable force to one of Saxton Hale's casual punches, albeit with a battering ram. Some weapons like the Grenade Launcher and Rocket Launcher should upscale for obvious reasons.
Nothing about this ever implied she struck with comparable force to Hale, the only comparison made is that she cannot compete with him because she can't punch things down physically, it also doesn't suggest the ram is capable of such either just because it could take down said door, that's what battering rams are for.

My robot fragmentation calc is basically accepted at this point. With the addition of this calc, it's safe to say that the mercenaries should just straight up be 9-A. So we have these following 9-A/Supporting feats for 9-A:
  1. Soldier tanking his rockets (0.00165 tons) (More than a third of baseline 9-A)
  2. Soldier having a set literally called the "Tank Buster" and Soldier himself saying he destroyed them.
  3. Scout survives an explosion (0.007 tons)
  4. Surviving Sir Nukesalot's Explosions (0.0248 tons)
  5. Giants surviving Sentry Buster Explosions + Mercenaries harming and killing them (0.09486 tons)
  6. Pyro (possibly) survives an explosion (0.0658 tons)
  7. Mercenaries casually violently fragmenting robots (9-A regardless of what end)
And no one has debunked, or even responded to any of my points for over a month. Frankly, if these feats are not enough to grant 9-A, then I don't know what is tbh.
Robot fragmentation one is implying fragmentation of their bodies in their entirety which isn't the case with the videos, the look to be in a more disassembled state than anything so I don't know how you gather they are shattering an entire body of steel.

1. This one is rated at 9-B in the calculation itself.
2. This alone doesn't suggest 9-A because tanks at that time could still have their armor destroyed by 9-B explosions, so destroying a tank would still have been possible without 9-A.
3. Again, not sure what's making this more accurate than the calculations already done on this one.
4. This one isn't exactly fair considering Sir Nukesalot explosions aren't actually much larger than regular pills but its part of a mechanic that causes them to exude tons of smoke, these explosions also would kill any class that isn't protected by some sort of Damage Reduction or Explosion Resistance, which wouldn't slate you a tier through physicals alone but a "9-A against explosives via x".
5. Giants have tons of health and aren't subjected to the mechanic that mercenaries are, in that the Sentry Buster explosion will always deal 4x your health, which explains why they do survive them. Another issue I have is that when applying this you would also be suggesting that the mercs too would be surviving this at base which we know they can't.
6. Bambu's comment there should be reflective of how that could easily land itself into 9-B and I could only agree with a possibly rating as a highball because of that.
7. Refer to the top portion.^

Again, all I can do is apologize for the fact my response was so late, it's unprofessional. However, I will accept any claim that my late response was done with some sort of ill intent or want to keep the thread buried, because that's ridiculous.

Thank you @Rtxthegamer for being patient.

Nothing about this ever implied she struck with comparable force to Hale, the only comparison made is that she cannot compete with him because she can't punch things down physically, it also doesn't suggest the ram is capable of such either just because it could take down said door, that's what battering rams are for.
quick correction but the ram didn't take down the door, the door opens when it feels a specific amount of force, as shown in this panel, so the door opened because the ram exerted a force comparable to one of saxtons casual punches

quick correction but the ram didn't take down the door, the door opens when it feels a specific amount of force, as shown in this panel, so the door opened because the ram exerted a force comparable to one of saxtons casual punches
Okay, but the important bit we should focus on is the fact if its casual we can then infer that he's evidently holding back, meaning that any form of scaling to it wouldn't make sense because his casual punches could still land in the 9-B range for all we know.

And that is the other thing, since all we have is the fact it's extremely casual of him to perform (meaning it's nowhere near his full output) the output given to us by the thing that calculated it is the only fair thing to go off of, which ends up 9-B through a quick calculation.

EDIT: Upon even further inspection matters get worse with this one, as a similar calculation here only puts the force at around 9-C+.

Last edited:
Okay, but the important bit we should focus on is the fact if its casual we can then infer that he's evidently holding back, meaning that any form of scaling to it wouldn't make sense because his casual punches could still land in the 9-B range for all we know.

And that is the other thing, since all we have is the fact it's extremely casual of him to perform (meaning it's nowhere near his full output) the output given to us by the thing that calculated it is the only fair thing to go off of, which ends up 9-B through a quick calculation.
fair enough

Robot fragmentation one is implying fragmentation of their bodies in their entirety which isn't the case with the videos, the look to be in a more disassembled state than anything so I don't know how you gather they are shattering an entire body of steel.
There are lots of bolts and bits of steel flying everywhere whenever you hit them. And if you look, the robots aren't just in a disassembled state, you can see steel fragments.

Also, I'm going to bring up the Saxton Hale's casual punches again. Even if you disagree with the above being fragging, this clearly shows him and Maggie casually violently fragging robots. Here is another instance. In these instances, it's much more clear as we can clearly see the robots being reduced to small steel bits. And like I said, Ms Pauling with a Battering Ram is shown to be comparable to, albeit weaker than one of his casual punches, which weapons like the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher upscale for obvious reasons. Actually calcing it is pointless when we have clear 9-A feats from his casual punches.
I know, and I pointed that out. I said that the reason I mention this calculation is because Soldier is seen tanking a point-blank one without even flinching/issue. Shows 9-A is uncontroversial since this is the case.
2. This alone doesn't suggest 9-A because tanks at that time could still have their armor destroyed by 9-B explosions, so destroying a tank would still have been possible without 9-A.
Hence why it's supporting for 9-A.
3. Again, not sure what's making this more accurate than the calculations already done on this one.
Already addressed this point. A: It's already accepted, B: I've said many times regardless of which end we use my point still stands as even the lowest end is still less than 0.001 tons away from baseline.
4. This one isn't exactly fair considering Sir Nukesalot explosions aren't actually much larger than regular pills but its part of a mechanic that causes them to exude tons of smoke,
Irrelevant point, those Cannonballs produce the explosions period, it's not just smoke.
these explosions also would kill any class that isn't protected by some sort of Damage Reduction or Explosion Resistance, which wouldn't slate you a tier through physicals alone but a "9-A against explosives via x".
Already addressed this. Either way, it shows that the base mercs can survive near baseline/slightly above baseline 9-A explosions, and with resistances can survive explosions further into 9-A, which shows it's consistent.
5. Giants have tons of health and aren't subjected to the mechanic that mercenaries are, in that the Sentry Buster explosion will always deal 4x your health, which explains why they do survive them. Another issue I have is that when applying this you would also be suggesting that the mercs too would be surviving this at base which we know they can't.
Yeah it's an iffy feat on its own, but it further supports consistency if we factor it in.
6. Bambu's comment there should be reflective of how that could easily land itself into 9-B and I could only agree with a possibly rating as a highball because of that.
Already addressed this point as well. We don't know Pyro's exact location when the building exploded, all we know is that he was inside of it when it did. Might be 9-A, might not we don't know. But it's not an outlier if it's 9-A, since it would be consistent with the mercs implied becoming stronger with their souls removed.

Anyways, bottom line is, even if we consider most of these supporting feats, it still shows that 9-A is consistent with Scout's feat, which is clearly a 9-A feat. Or if you want to go with the low end, so close to 9-A that the difference is negligible, especially considering Scout is both the weakest class, and was injured.
Again, all I can do is apologize for the fact my response was so late, it's unprofessional. However, I will accept any claim that my late response was done with some sort of ill intent or want to keep the thread buried, because that's ridiculous.

Thank you @Rtxthegamer for being patient.
I'm glad that you finally did respond to my points.

Last edited:
There are lots of bolts and bits of steel flying everywhere whenever you hit them. And if you look, the robots aren't just in a disassembled state, you can see steel fragments.
The problem being is that you are trying to imply they are completely fragmented all at once, which they wouldn't be ever, if this were the case there wouldn't be recognizable pieces scattered around like a class torso.

Bolts flying around would also point to suggest that being shot at enough is causing them to fall apart/become disassembled, the things holding them together are coming out after all, of course I don't mean to imply no destruction of their bodies exists but rather I want to emphasize that calculation inflates the actual result of things.

Also, I'm going to bring up the Saxton Hale's casual punches again. Even if you disagree with the above being fragging, this clearly shows him and Maggie casually violently fragging robots. Here is another instance. In these instances, it's much more clear as we can clearly see the robots being reduced to small steel bits. And like I said, Ms Pauling with a Battering Ram is shown to be comparable to, albeit weaker than one of his casual punches, which weapons like the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher upscale for obvious reasons. Actually calcing it is pointless when we have clear 9-A feats from his casual punches.
Except a casual Hale is still very much above the cast, he's undoubtedly a top dog of the verse without question, what he can do to a robot casually doesn't automatically reflect that of others.

The problem with attempting to scale them to his punches is due to the fact if they are incredibly casual they can downscale to a ridiculous degree; it would only rely on guesswork, but the fact we have the receiver calculating the PSI of the punch gives us enough to use, and frankly it proves my point a little bit.

EDIT: Upon even further inspection matters get worse with this one, as a similar calculation here only puts the force at around 9-C+.
Hence why it's supporting for 9-A.
It can't be supporting 9-A when the result is 9-B, half the calculations ever on the verse would then qualify as such when in fact they are just supporting the rating they provide.

Already addressed this point. A: It's already accepted, B: I've said many times regardless of which end we use my point still stands as even the lowest end is still less than 0.001 tons away from baseline.
A. The other ones are also still accepted, hence why the dispute still needs to happen.
B. This still winds up 9-B+.

Irrelevant point, those Cannonballs produce the explosions period, it's not just smoke.
I'd hardly say its irrelevant, especially when the explosions are only intended to be 20% larger than others, the big deal about it is the fact it can produce tons of smoke to obscure vision, which it does.

Already addressed this. Either way, it shows that the base mercs can survive near baseline/slightly above baseline 9-A explosions, and with resistances can survive explosions further into 9-A, which shows it's consistent.
"Can survive" is never a good reason to justify a rating, because it can mean so many things. Scout was clearly out of commission and on the verge of death until Medic arrived, what you are then supporting is this being the complete upper threshold or limit.

Then that becomes a "higher" or "9-A" via explosion resistance, which isn't a flat rating, and that should be fine to you because this is still done with three Soldier rockets which individually would still be 9-B.

Already addressed this point as well. We don't know Pyro's exact location when the building exploded, all we know is that he was inside of it when it did. Might be 9-A, might not we don't know. But it's not an outlier if it's 9-A, since it would be consistent with the mercs implied becoming stronger with their souls removed.
But that's the problem, it's a big might be when it also might be 9-B, so I wouldn't be in support of using it as a flat rating.

Or if you want to go with the low end, so close to 9-A that the difference is negligible, especially considering Scout is both the weakest class, and was injured.
To be fair, he wasn't just injured, he was completely put out after that, so that feat would represent an upper limit.

Last edited:
Except a casual Hale is still very much above the cast, he's undoubtedly a top dog of the verse without question, what he can do to a robot casually doesn't automatically reflect that of others.

The problem with attempting to scale them to his punches is due to the fact if they are incredibly casual they can downscale to a ridiculous degree is that would only rely on guesswork, but the fact we have the receiver calculating the PSI of the punch gives us enough for us to use, and frankly it proves my point a little bit.
Honestly, the only reason Saxton Hale is considered so far above the cast is because of his Yeti feat, when the gap likely isn't really that big. For starters, it wasn't a 9v1 like the profile says, it was a 3v1 (Pyro, Soldier, and Sniper) against the Yeti, and none of them had their good weapons. Sniper and Pyro only had their melee weapons, and Soldier only had his shotgun.

Using the PSI of the receiver is not reliable at all, especially when he has displayed feats that net far greater results than 9-C. It's frankly about as reliable as using any "canon statistics" (like Building level Mega Man, or any other "canon statistics" of characters that have displayed far greater feats). In this case, the feat is him violently fragging robots, and Miss Pauling nearly matching the strength of his punches with a Battering ram, which weapons like the Rocket Launcher should at least be on par with. So it's pretty safe to assume that the Mercs with their best weapons are at least comparable to a casual Saxton Hale's punches, which can violently frag robots.
It can't be supporting 9-A when the result is 9-B, half the calculations ever on the verse would then qualify as such when in fact they are just supporting the rating they provide.
Refer to the points above.
A. The other ones are also still accepted, hence why the dispute still needs to happen.
B. This still winds up 9-B+.
I've said this many times now. Regardless of what end we use, my point still stands. The result is either slightly above 9-A, or less than 0.001 tons away from baseline 9-A. This feat was also preformed by the weakest merc who was injured, so even if the lowest end is used, all the other mercs upscale by a lot for very obvious reasons, which would easily reach into baseline 9-A.
I'd hardly say its irrelevant, especially when the explosions are only intended to be 20% larger than others, the big deal about it is the fact it can produce tons of smoke to obscure vision, which it does.
It is irrelevant, the explosion radius is just supposed to represent the ingame hitbox of the Loose Cannon, the explosion itself is far larger. The smoke is not a relevant detail here, when the calculation only measures the explosion, and doesn't factor in the smoke.
"Can survive" is never a good reason to justify a rating, because it can mean so many things. Scout was clearly out of commission and on the verge of death until Medic arrived, what you are then supporting is this being the complete upper threshold or limit.
I've already addressed this point numerous times as well. Scout was only knocked out after he hit his face on the glass. Prior to that, he was still active, due to being able to flail his limbs around without issue, and was fully conscious.
Then that becomes a "higher" or "9-A" via explosion resistance, which isn't a flat rating, and that should be fine to you because this is still done with three Soldier rockets which individually would still be 9-B.
I'm saying that the feat shows the base mercs, who can survive explosions around baseline 9-A, can survive stuff further into 9-A if they have resistances, which shows it's consistency. I'm not claiming we absolutely should use the Sir Nukesalot explosions for their AP, it's merely showing that 9-A is consistent.
But that's the problem, it's a big might be when it also might be 9-B, so I wouldn't be in support of using it as a flat rating.
I'm not saying we should use this calc for their AP. It can be used as supporting evidence, as one of the two possibilities is that it is a 9-A feat.
To be fair, he wasn't just injured, he was completely put out after that, so that feat would represent an upper limit.
I wouldn't consider being fully conscious and being able to move around your limbs without issue is "completely put out." He was only "completely put out" after he hit his face on the glass.

I am frankly getting tired and burnt out from debating this (not trying to offend anyone), so I want to settle this as quickly as possible, just so this doesn't become a back and forth for weeks on end like last time. So let me just ask you this: Do you agree that there are lots of supporting feats for 9-A? If the answer is yes, what do you have against a "likely/possibly" 9-A rating, and what do I need to prove to convince you otherwise? For the record, their AP would be at, or slightly above baseline 9-A if we go the "likely/possibly" route.

Last edited:
Using the PSI of the receiver is not reliable at all, especially when he has displayed feats that net far greater results than 9-C. It's frankly about as reliable as using any "canon statistics" (like Building level Mega Man, or any other "canon statistics" of characters that have displayed far greater feats). In this case, the feat is him violently fragging robots, and Miss Pauling nearly matching the strength of his punches with a Battering ram, which weapons like the Rocket Launcher should at least be on par with. So it's pretty safe to assume that the Mercs with their best weapons are at least comparable to a casual Saxton Hale's punches, which can violently frag robots.
You really can't extrapolate the casual punch this way, especially when the result provided is a 9-C one, that just means his extremely casual punches can achieve such a result, if this was simply just her needing to replicate the strength without a number attached then maybe but there is a 9-C result directly attached to the panel, it's still Superhuman just on a lower scale.

But to then say that because she could replicate the force of a 9-C+ punch with a battering ram means unrelated weapons scale to his full output is a big leap in logic that I cannot accept.

Refer to the points above.
This doesn't help though.

This feat was also preformed by the weakest merc who was injured
Who was made injured to the point he was completely out of commission, making it his utmost upper limit.

It is irrelevant, the explosion radius is just supposed to represent the ingame hitbox of the Loose Cannon, the explosion itself is far larger. The smoke is not a relevant detail here, when the calculation only measures the explosion, and doesn't factor in the smoke.
Except most of the explosion is just smoke though, you see this just a second later:

I've already addressed this point numerous times as well. Scout was only knocked out after he hit his face on the glass. Prior to that, he was still active, due to being able to flail his limbs around without issue, and was fully conscious.
The root cause of him being launched and knocked out to begin with is the explosion, him hitting the ground isn't magically stronger than him being blasted into the air the way he was, one didn't happen without the other so he was still put out of commission by the explosion.

I'm not claiming we absolutely should use the Sir Nukesalot explosions for their AP, it's merely showing that 9-A is consistent.
Consistently puts them out, yes, Sentry Buster, Sir Nukesalot, and the Scout feat all either kill without stacking generous amounts of resistances or at minimum are the upper threshold of what they can take.

The only one we have where the merc is rather unscathed from the result is Pyro, and that one is only possibly 9-A depending on how close we assume they are to the explosion.

So let me just ask you this: Do you agree that there are lots of supporting feats for 9-A?
I don't believe there are lots of supporting feats for it, I see maybe two feats that could be fully construed as such, those being what end you choose for Scout and Pyro's.

what do you have against a "likely/possibly" 9-A rating, and what do I need to prove to convince you otherwise?
I don't have anything against the concept of the rating, I just don't buy that being where their physicals reside, and the fact resistances or mechanics are necessary to survive things like Sentry Buster makes the idea of having it on a page to support a durability rating (and then inevitably back to their physicals because "x harms y") doesn't sit right with me.

To answer the second bit, I really couldn't tell you the answer to that.

The same reasons you believe 9-A is consistent I can believe 9-B is, but anti-feats look less glaring when the rating is lower.

Honestly at this point this thread is so annoyingly bloated I don't even know what current talking points are, except I remember finding 9-A more valid since the other side used some really weird canon standards being presented but straight up not being listed in any way, all this months back.

I'm not solidifying my positions however, I'd just require a summarization of current talking points, if it's possible.

Honestly at this point this thread is so annoyingly bloated I don't even know what current talking points are, except I remember finding 9-A more valid since the other side used some really weird canon standards being presented but straight up not being listed in any way, all this months back.
Please refer to these posts and so on:

My robot fragmentation calc is basically accepted at this point. With the addition of this calc, it's safe to say that the mercenaries should just straight up be 9-A. So we have these following 9-A/Supporting feats for 9-A:
  1. Soldier tanking his rockets (0.00165 tons) (More than a third of baseline 9-A)
  2. Soldier having a set literally called the "Tank Buster" and Soldier himself saying he destroyed them.
  3. Scout survives an explosion (0.007 tons)
  4. Surviving Sir Nukesalot's Explosions (0.0248 tons)
  5. Giants surviving Sentry Buster Explosions + Mercenaries harming and killing them (0.09486 tons)
  6. Pyro (possibly) survives an explosion (0.0658 tons)
  7. Mercenaries casually violently fragmenting robots (9-A regardless of what end)
And no one has debunked, or even responded to any of my points for over a month. Frankly, if these feats are not enough to grant 9-A, then I don't know what is tbh.
It's my mistake for forgetting about this existing having been not entirely active here as is, sorry for that.

Regarding the canon stuff I'm not as much up in arms over it as I was prior and it wasn't fully my argument had I only received the scan from another user, so I'll just focus on the here and now.

4. This one isn't exactly fair considering Sir Nukesalot explosions aren't actually much larger than regular pills but its part of a mechanic that causes them to exude tons of smoke, these explosions also would kill any class that isn't protected by some sort of Damage Reduction or Explosion Resistance, which wouldn't slate you a tier through physicals alone but a "9-A against explosives via x".
7. Refer to the top portion.^

...honestly, is there a possibility for concession towards "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A"? Alot of this stuff is very subjective, and on both sides at this point, there seem equivalent number of calcs, this analysis should be agreeable.

Like at this point none of you are overpowering the other side that hard for it to be an open-and-shut case.

...honestly, is there a possibility for concession towards "At least 9-B, possibly 9-A"? Alot of this stuff is very subjective, and on both sides at this point, there seem equivalent number of calcs, this analysis should be agreeable.
I already stated I was fine with a possibly, just that I was very specific over what for, it isn't my fault if what I said wasn't being paid attention to.

Abstractions said:

I wouldn't want anything regarding Sentry Buster explosion scaling on the pages, or any other calculations I found dodgy, you can refer to my newer posts on that.

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Capable of harming Scout, who can survive Soldier's rockets, and a giant explosion) | At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Stronger than before. Despite being called "the laughing stock in the mercenary world", becoming soulless allowed them to defeat the Team Fortress Classic team, who defeated the Administrator's best echelon, Team Vanguard, which left her with "just the rejects". Comparable to their durability)

Durability: At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Can survive explosives such as Pipe Grenades and Rockets. Physically superior to Scout, who while injured, survived this) | At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Stronger than before due to becoming soulless. Comparable to Pyro, who possibly survived a building exploding)

Key: Gravel War | Robot War/Australium Chase

So would this be fine by you?

Attack Potency: At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Capable of harming Scout, who can survive Soldier's rockets, and a giant explosion) | At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Stronger than before. Despite being called "the laughing stock in the mercenary world", becoming soulless allowed them to defeat the Team Fortress Classic team, who defeated the Administrator's best echelon, Team Vanguard, which left her with "just the rejects". Comparable to their durability)

Durability: At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Can survive explosives such as Pipe Grenades and Rockets. Physically superior to Scout, who while injured, survived this) | At least Wall level, possibly Small Building level (Stronger than before due to becoming soulless. Comparable to Pyro, who possibly survived a building exploding)

Key: Gravel War | Robot War/Australium Chase

So would this be fine by you?
I would add either "albeit in critical condition" to the Scout feat or remove the comparable to their durability portions, but one or the other is fine with me.

EDIT: If you also want to switch the specifications to the vaporizing equipment, you may, but it should be noted that they are still above their regular output or durability to prevent any confusion regarding that once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back