• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump.

Edit: Also, three new calcs

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheGatememer/More_TF2_Calcs (Dosn't scale to merc durability, but further supports 9-A AP since giants can survive this, much like Sentry Buster explosions. Approved)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheGatememer/Scout_Survives_an_Explosion_Recalc (Recalced for the billionth time. Obviously scales to merc durability. Approved)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Diamond_Drone/TF2_MTS_Explosion_from_a_new_angle (Scales to merc durability and ap. Not approved yet)

Edit 2: Also, since neither person who calced these has been active on this thread, nor is listed under "Supporters" for the Team Fortress verse page, it's fairly safe to consider them neutral parties.

Last edited:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheGatememer/More_TF2_Calcs (Dosn't scale to merc durability, but further supports 9-A AP since giants can survive this, much like Sentry Buster explosions. Approved)
This one looks fine.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheGatememer/Scout_Survives_an_Explosion_Recalc (Recalced for the billionth time. Obviously scales to merc durability. Approved)
Not sure what makes this one suddenly better than the current ones, would prefer that to be discussed.

Don't agree with this one as it that looks to be very poor way to determine the explosion, not to mention that it would be wildly inconsistent with individual rocket calculations for Soldier which would come up 9-B.

This Recalc of the TFC grenade explosion which has 9-A as one of the ends (although we'd have to wait to see which end is accepted)
Most of the results for that are 9-B, given that I also calculated a TFC explosion to that exact level already on someone else's calc for it.

and this calc of Engie and Pyro dodging a rocket which has 9-A to 8-C KE but would most likely not scale to anyone
This calculation frankly doesn't look correct at all, Engineer and Pyro had plenty of time to react and were already staring at it before it came close, there's no reason to assume they have superhuman perceptions for this.

Mercs can scale physically to 9-A with MvM upgrades I would think. This given the fact that with full upgrades they can tank Sentry Buster explosions.

Mercs can scale physically to 9-A with MvM upgrades I would think. This given the fact that with full upgrades they can tank Sentry Buster explosions.
Except they really can't "tank" these explosions, the Sentry Buster does explicitly 4x your HP value and can only be barely withstood under certain conditions, if at all.

Bump.

Edit: Also, three new calcs

Actually, I think they can survive it with MVM upgrades but I could be wrong.

Edit: not the best video, but I did find This, where the heavy takes around 100 damage from it.

Them getting 9-A AP kinda means that they also have to get 9-A Durability, since they can consistently survive their own weapons. Otherwise we would have to downgrade the Mercs to tier 10 durability or something.

Last edited:
Now that's what I'm talking about!

I mean they are superior to their current ones yes and they do get a defense amp thingy to do so if I recall. Not to forget that in the comics, the robots caused massive holes in the background.
That is a bit tricky to tell as the player was getting charged but something to take note of I guess.
Them getting 9-A AP kinda means that they also have to get 9-A Durability, since they can consistently survive their own weapons. Otherwise we would have to downgrade the Mercs to tier 10 durability or something.
That is correct, It wouldn't feel right right not to as at least they can tank a great deal of their weaponry, be Solider rocket or Demo Kamikaze.

It would be more argued that the mercs at least did destroy the tentacles (And solider survived getting thrown) Which would have been the reason that the massive wall also destroyed in the first place.
I think the Bread Monster charging through the wall probably played a large part in the destruction of it, so the tentacles likely weren't fully responcible

Maybe, Solider survived being flown by it. And those tentacles might have the strength to burst through the said wall and not only do we see Scout among a few there cut through it but so does Miss Pauiling with her gun.
The bread monster rammed through the wall with all its body weight, contrary to popular belief this doesn't make every single possible attack 9-A nor should it.
With upgrades there's potential but like, that's not denying the fact these things still one-shot without, you'd be asking for a 9-A rating through resistances.

I mean they are superior to their current ones yes and they do get a defense amp thingy to do so if I recall. Not to forget that in the comics, the robots caused massive holes in the background.
These happen amidst a huge firefight and you can't really prove these are caused by a singular robot.

They haven't mentioned the most recent feats mentioned.
He is free to agree with my stance on what I had currently covered at that time.

The bread monster rammed through the wall with all its body weight, contrary to popular belief this doesn't make every single possible attack 9-A nor should it.

With upgrades there's potential but like, that's not denying the fact these things still one-shot without, you'd be asking for a 9-A rating through resistances.

These happen amidst a huge firefight and you can't really prove these are caused by a singular robot.

He is free to agree with my stance on what I had currently covered at that time.
Well, haven’t seen expiration date for a while, but if the bread monster rammed someone through the wall, they would scale to his full KE

It should be pretty uncontroversial though, since its consistent with Scout on his own was able to survive an explosion that is at max, 0.001 tons away from 9-A. (Reminder that Scout was already injured before hand, and that he was still able to flail around his arms like crazy. He's also the weakest merc physically.). I don't see what the issue is, it shows that on their own, they can survive 9-A, or near baseline 9-A explosions, and with resistances, can survive greater than baseline 9-A explosions. This is consistent.

There is also the fact that Sir Nukesalot, and other giants can survive their own attacks, and Sentry Buster explosions, both of which are 9-A, and the Mercs being able to harm them.

Last edited:
The thing is, the mercs (or rather scout) can already survive a 9-A or an explosion that is only around 0.001 tons away from 9-A.
True i could totally agree with unupgraded mercs being 9-A, but maybe we should add MVM keys anyways since they are obviously stronger than before
also why aren't the mercs rated as Wall level+ at the moment? Scout's feat and Pyro's feat both are accepted as Wall level+

True i could totally agree with unupgraded mercs being 9-A, but maybe we should add MVM keys anyways since they are obviously stronger than before
Im pretty sure their MVM keys would just be "higher than before" or something
also why aren't the mercs rated as Wall level+ at the moment? Scout's feat and Pyro's feat both are accepted as Wall level+
We are currently arguing for 9-A, so thats probably why.

Nice

hoping the heavy update is taking long because is a MVM update maybe bringing raid back, then we might get new upgrades
Heh I wish, But none of this uncertainty would have happened if in this Timeline VALVE had the competence to radar TF2 for everyone on [Adult Swim]. If anything its been said that the comics are those A:TLA-like arc stories that were supposed to be episodes, but got reverted into Comics.
(Which I need a physical copy because not everyone has Internet to seek out. Alongside bringing back Heavy, Scout, Engie, Pyro figurines which I no longer can normally find but make my own in a nerfed state but a tad smaller like pocket sized and not overly poseable.)

... I among many other people are waiting for the 7th Comic to come out, but even then I feel like it shouldn't just end there. Maybe have some form of Toon like Mis adventures of sorts like a comic strip thing and maybe uncover some of the other few characters unexplained past like Solider or Pyro (I had a perfect idea about Pyro that might gotten me inspired by a Theory of said backstory, But sadly I do not have control, wish I did, But VALVE will probably take it like this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back