• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/pc-superman-even-can-survival-big-bang-1456568/

Well, this one's fairly self-explanatory. Supes gets Big Bang-ed on, it's very clear they don't expect him to survive simply my absorbing solar energy/heat/whatever, and yet he does. What's more, he seemingly also destroys an object that is either generating or tanking said Big Bang. And also resists time manipulation or something.

Seems legitimate enough to me, but the question here is do you guys accept? Please keep things civil.

... too many superman upgrades, when all this kind of thing will end? Anyway, seems rightful for me, but this is pre-crisis, right?

ThePerpetual said:
Unless I'm somehow greatly mistaken, this is Pre-Crisis only. Not Post-.
So, after this... pre-crisis super=superboy prime? at least in durability...

And seemingly striking strength, too, if that object is tanking the Big Bang as it appears to be. And, of course, time-warping resistance.

Withstanding an extremely dispersed part of a big bang explosion is no more 3-A than withstanding a human-sized part of a supernova is 4-C. In fact, it is far less, given that the area of effect is so much greater.

Don't we list Superman as multi galaxy level for withstanding the big bang attack? (there is the weakened anti-monitor thing, but i don't know how/if thats quantified as multi-galaxy level)

Withstanding the equivalent of a big bang explosion point blank, with the entire or most of the impact directed at the character in question is universal. Entering the big bang as it happens and being subjected to an unfathomably small amount of the force within it is likely nearly unquantifiable, but enormously less.

Antvasima said:
Withstanding an extremely dispersed part of a big bang explosion is no more 3-A than withstanding a human-sized part of a supernova is 4-C. In fact, it is far less, given that the area of effect is so much greater.
They why does Post Crisis Supermhan have solar system level+ durability?

The only durability feat aside for tanking Darkseid's hits are the Maggedon feat. There is quite a few times when he gets hurt by star level+ to large star level attacks.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Seems legit. Of course only problem there might be is a chance of this being an outlier. Is there any feat supporting this?
Superman once broke infinity

Not...quite what I had in mind. There was a character who created a Country the size of infinity but they were only granted Country level...

The only durability feat aside for tanking Darkseid's hits are the Maggedon feat. There is quite a few times when he gets hurt by star level+ to large star level attacks.

I personally think that Post-Crisis Superman may be rated too high in durability, but given the inconsistency of comicbooks, all Marvel and DC ststistics will be subjective regardless which wiki you go to.

Regardless, as I keep repeating over and over, several wrongs do not make a right, and tanking and extremely dispersed part of an explosion does not logically qualify as equivalent to tanking the entire explosion.

@Antvasima A problem I could see in that argument is that

A: Superman was subjected to the Big Bang for a lengthy period of time. You can very visibly see him forcing his way closer and closer to it's origin,

B: They literally show him floating right next to the very center of said Big Bang, shown here,

Superman Big Bang

and C: He then proceeded to destroy Central Pyramid, which was sitting right there in the center of the Big Bang just fine.

Antvasima said:

I personally think that Post-Crisis Superman may be rated too high in durability, but given the inconsistency of comicbooks, all Marvel and DC ststistics will be subjective regardless which wiki you go to.
Regardless, as I keep repeating over and over, several wrongs do not make a right, and tanking and extremely dispersed part of an explosion does not logically qualify as equivalent to tanking the entire explosion.

Actually, there was another Solar System level feat here.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18296

No idea if the feat is an outlier/inaccurate or whatnot, but it does exist.

It is not legitimate. As far as I remember it scales the sizes of Apokolips and New Genesis from different writers, different continuities, different stories, and different decades.

As for Superman, he doesn't tank the entire force of a universe-destroying explosion point blank to the face, just an extremely small part of it after it had dispersed over an absolutely massive area, so while the feat is impressive, it is by no means universal.

Darkseid doesn't have any moral inhibitions, so I suppose so. But unless Darkseid displays a certain degree of power within the story, it is hard to scale it.

Antvasima said:
Darkseid doesn't have any moral inhibitions, so I suppose so. But unless Darkseid displays a certain degree of power within the story, it is hard to scale it.
Despite not having moral inhibitions, I don't think Darkseid's bloodlusted often since he usually fights calmly, logically and restrains himself more or less.

It's possible to fight at your strongest and at the same time use all possible powers and applications of such powers in a thoughtful way to defeat your opponent. Darkseid appears to be that kind of fighter when he's not just blasting with his Omega Beams. Doomsday is more of the kind of guy that fights bloodlusted, no moral inhibitions or thoughts blocking his actions but fights like a mindless beast.

Natse said:
It's possible to fight at your strongest and at the same time use all possible powers and applications of such powers in a thoughtful way to defeat your opponent. Darkseid appears to be that kind of fighter when he's not just blasting with his Omega Beams. Doomsday is more of the kind of guy that fights bloodlusted, no moral inhibitions or thoughts blocking his actions but fights like a mindless beast.
Agreed. Darkseid is too sophisticated to be bloodlusted. That doesn't mean he's not still pure evil.

No, he can not resist. The comic Action Comics 550-556. He leads the pyramid, which is a bomb to destroy metropolis, in the era of the big bang. But then the pyramid explodes and kills Superman. Not about the big bang. In addition, the big bang is not generally an explosion. Then he will be recreated by her children authors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIJp2hd4YA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back