• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman tier upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggested this over a year ago to a staff member but it seems like people are just fine with seeing the same exact CRT over and over again. Even though people say they are tired of seeing it.

Sure, close it. It'd indeed be better to have a revision where all the feats I know I can defend are in the OP and sourced rather than just a copy-paste of Nia's blog. That's probably gonna take a long while though.

Gotta respect the man who made this CRT, he said that doesnt know about DC but made the CRT just to clarify some doubts and things that he saw about others Superman profiles in others wiki, or something like that, but now, his thread has 3 pages and 250 replies

Gotta respect the man who made this CRT, he said that doesnt know about DC but made the CRT just to clarify some doubts and things that he saw about others Superman profiles in others wiki, or something like that, but now, his thread has 3 pages and 250 replies
The premise of the thread is basically the same as the previous one. https://vsbattles.com/threads/65-feats.62526/
I have some feats not even firestorm can debunk :devilish::devilish::devilish:
Thank you for your help in the matter.

1. Someone needing to defend themselves doesn't scale the other character.
  2. That's him threatening Superman if he doesn't try to take him out.

No he doesn't, again it's a generic "one of us has to win" here kind of thing. We also don't know the means of Superman's win, or its probability.
Regardless, it seems you dropped the point as you've agreed it's true that you can't scale to Manhattan off of his durability.
Yep I agreed to the durability aspect my own is just Manhattan saw him as a threat and had doubts whether he destroyed everything or superman destroyed him.

Yh,am just pushing for a possible 2-C

7) Properly presenting the full contexts for scans of feats:When attempting to get profile page changes accepted in content revisions threads, always add full issue number references for the stories in which the feats depicted in images occurr, so the members evaluating them can more easily verify the authenticity and canonical reliability of what is truly going on. It is also preferable if you honestly try to explain what is happening in the stories, as it is quite common for people to represent illegitimate feats out of context, including well-intended victims of misinformation (via respect threads or otherwise).

- Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics

Based on this rule it’s probably a good idea to just close this and let Firestorm make a more organized thread analyzing the feats later on.

Yes, Firestorm808 is already working on this long-term as far as I am aware.

Yeah the thread should be fine to closed. I guess the discussion rule can be added if the more organized thread is rejected instead?

Just going to comment here real quick, I know Firestorm is one of the main people working on counter arguments atm; but I'm positive that pretty much everything here was brought up before by people like Soldier of Krypton or Tonathan; especially the latter which FanofRPGs also rebutted. And Matt is right that nearly every Tier 2 scan is like a single page from some random comics but those who pretty much read the rest of the comics pretty much confirm that they're not universal and/or are merely chain reactions and what not. And I was the one who proposed a discussion rule years ago, but I think it was decided to add a footnote instead it appears.

Medeus is likely correct.

We need a better written rebuttal blog to link to in the profile page than the discussion threads that we use currently though.

Okay. I will do so. Please keep me informed about your progress Firestorm808.

I really want to see Firestorm's timeline. We know Supes was not always at the same level during the Post-Crisis period. We need to see his feats as he scaled up in power and identify the in-verse reasoning for the various displays. I can not understate how much context plays a role in DC/Marvel feats.

To give an example from Marvel: a little while ago, someone wanted to upgrade Thor's base 4-B to be on par with Post-Annihilation Silver Surfer based upon a fight they had when Galactus attacked Asgard. Seems simple except for two factors: Post-Annihilation SS is stronger than Thanos (whose always been superior to Thor) and there was no in-verse reason for Thor to have become that powerful. So while on the surface the upgrade seems fine, the context that fight should have happened under made no sense.

Superman has certain benchmarks, periods of time where he has gotten stronger or stated to have become stronger. We need to identify the moments, analyze them and then see where his various feats fit into them. We have to deconstruct his career as it unfolded before we just start handing out tiers.

That's I think.

I really want to see Firestorm's timeline. We know Supes was not always at the same level during the Post-Crisis period. We need to see his feats as he scaled up in power and identify the in-verse reasoning for the various displays. I can not understate how much context plays a role in DC/Marvel feats.

To give an example from Marvel: a little while ago, someone wanted to upgrade Thor's base 4-B to be on par with Post-Annihilation Silver Surfer based upon a fight they had when Galactus attacked Asgard. Seems simple except for two factors: Post-Annihilation SS is stronger than Thanos (whose always been superior to Thor) and there was no in-verse reason for Thor to have become that powerful. So while on the surface the upgrade seems fine, the context that fight should have happened under made no sense.

Superman has certain benchmarks, periods of time where he has gotten stronger or stated to have become stronger. We need to identify the moments, analyze them and then see where his various feats fit into them. We have to deconstruct his career as it unfolded before we just start handing out tiers.

That's I think.
unfortunately I don't own and DC or Marvel comic books to help you on that one, also superman probably has more tier 9 and 8 feats then my 1,803 messages posted honestly

That's I think.
Strongly agreed. Post-Crisis Superman when first introduced could explicitly be knocked out by a nuclear explosion.

Well I strongly disagree with scaling superman to a low tier feat that occurred at the literal start of his career, and I disagree with removing 4-B entirely

Yes, of course. The point is that his power levels have gradually developed.

anyway should this thread be closed due to the clear revision of superman that will be happening?

79bfa5acb5c097ea6c25d67cdf253992--warhammer-k-memes-catholic.jpg

in that case this definetly should be closed

but I'm positive that pretty much everything here was brought up before by people like Soldier of Krypton or Tonathan; especially the latter which FanofRPGs also rebutted.
It comes from a Google+ blog that was then shifted to a character stats thing (or maybe the reverse happened). Its been around for multiple years and typically the arguments never change. Its why half the scans a can't be seen, because its linked to said Google+ blog
In this same issue the narration states that their blows shattered the world they were on, only for the following page to show it was completely fine. They're standing in a nexus caused by the multiverse breaking down and reshaping. If they did anything it was because they were in special area that they can't naturally replicate.
Would be fine if this wasn't a literal chain reaction feat
No it didn't. He just shot energy blast at someone that didn't accomplish anything. Know why? Because Spectre had to provide the energy to actually trigger the big bang. Superman accomplished nothing.
No he didn't. In the Y2K storyline and in OWAW Superman was incapable of even harming Brainiac 13. Only winning in Y2K because B13 had a specific weakness to Kryptonian technology that ignored durability and he only accomplished anything in OWAW after diving into the core of the sun and being reduced to a skeleton that then regenerated into a flaming heavily amped Superman.

As for the "ravages timelines" and "rewrites the universe" both are bunk. The scans coms from Young Justice: Our Worlds at War, where the YJ team was sent so far into the future that time and space no longer had meaning. Its after Brainiac had billions of years to reorganize the universe. The bigger issue is that this was also all a trick by B13 to convince people to join his side. Later on its firmly established that he needed Imperiex's energies to rewrite realties and even then it would be over an incredibly long period of time. Its a prep feat treated as an actual feat
He didn't beat him in a legitimate fight. SBP could have broken his hold at any time, but didn't because he was mocking him. After they rammed SBP through Rao he lost basically all of his powers and Superman was stripped of his strength for an entire year.
Sure I guess. You know, as long as you ignore that Post-Crisis GA Superman is much weaker than he was Pre-Crisis and he has zero feats on SA Superman's level
I like how the user here provides the scans and then just, you know, ignores the one where Marvel states the room they're in cuts off Invincible Man of his powers and that's why he won, since he could just outlast him. Also I just want people to know, the story with Invincible Man comes from World's Finest #257, which came out in July of 1979. You know.... pre-crisis.
Nebula Man can only become a universe when consuming enough matter to replace the current one. As you can easily tell by his size, he has obviously not done so. This is not a 3-A feat.
You know that would be nice if the last panel of the page didn't you know, explain that a page of roughly equal mage hits him from behind which then allows Superman to escape.
He fought him with an asterisk. Damage inflicted on past SBP effects the Time Trapper and due to various nerfs the past SBP was being pounded on by the Legion. Superman didn't even beat him, but an absorbed Mordru white witch.
People who post this scan are lying or have never read this story line. Why? Because Monarch in the first scan comes from the Armageddon 2001 storyline where Monarch was shown to be Hawk and not Captain Atom. Its a false comparison using the first scan and the second set is just them being BFR'ed into another dimension.
I like this set because it just ends on a wrong scan. Captain Atom was fighting Majestic there, not Jenny. So like... there's nothing there really. Jenny also has no durability when not using her powers to my memory.
How.... how is being reduced to ribbons across space time a feat?
None of these are 3-A feats so I have zero idea why they're included
I like this scan because if you read the next issue you'll find out its just a fake hologram and the real Starbreaker is so weakened that he's killed by a bullet
I like how all of these scans aren't feats for Diana and the ones that are admits they're amps. But still tries to scale Superman to them
I like how different versions of the JL doing zero damage to this character and requiring an amp later on to actually beat him somehow scales to their physicals
Imperiex Probes can be defeated by Matrix Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Young Justice, and various other heroes. Doomsday also kills hundreds of them on his own.

The Aquaman one is like, just bad if you actual read the Obsidian age. Since he's telling the giant witch her goal of destroying all water on Earth has failed and her alternate history will end. Its not a AP feat
I like how the OP said "Overwhelmed the Kryptonian God Cythonna". Showing he didn't read any of these scans since Superman was demolished while she wasn't trying to kill him and she only lost due to an environmental weakness.

Also nothing confirms Rao created the universe. In fact basically have multiple confirmations that the giant hand was not Rao.
None of this was real. This was his death trying to mentally break Superman to he would give up and die, freeing him from being reasonable for an immortal being. Superman never giving up is what beats Death, who then changes his attidude because Superman is such a good person his personal Death also becomes a good person.

Assuming this actually exist and this isn't just Superman's guilt being personified as the story hints.
Something being fourth dimensional does not mean its Low 2-C. It hurt the giant space kraken but that thing isn't Low 2-C either
Being fourth dimensional does not mean a character is Low 2-C. He shows no Low 2-C feats and his attacks rely on standard time travel shennigans.
No, Firestorm has the power of the Big Bang in him and if he ever triggered his full power the universe would explode.

As you can obviously tell, the universe did not explode. So he did not use the full power of the matrix.
The Aberration thing (Anarky Vol 2 1-3) explains itself. They beat it by just thinking really hard that it'll disappear, which is only possible because the Aberration caused physics to get wonky.

Also the Aberration was only effecting a few square miles of land. It was no where near universal and wouldn't be so for a long while.
That's.... still not a Low 2-C feat. Being enhanced by something doesn't suddenly make you Low 2-C
Maaldor nerfed himself to fight Starman and was then defeated because Starman learned his crippling weakness. Even then he wasn't killed, just BFR'ed

79bfa5acb5c097ea6c25d67cdf253992--warhammer-k-memes-catholic.jpg

in that case this definetly should be closed
you said that as i was pushing for the thread to be closed, and that has been said 3 times before you said anything, good lord man way to beat the dead horse that is these arguments lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back