• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Crisis Superman AP Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you guys are complaining some scans are from post flashpoint,I can change it to superman post crisis/flashpoint upgrade.

Oh I got no notification from this thread, weird.

Since you guys are complaining some scans are from post flashpoint,I can change it to superman post crisis/flashpoint upgrade.
I like the thinking that leads to this kind of suggestion. Can you not make your own prep for this thread a living hell?

Honestly this thread should straight up be closed because OP by his own admission says it'll take him weeks to even get shit in place to make this revision anything more than pure concept. We're arguing against a person who is just breaking the verse with no plans to fix it or suggest alternatives thus far.

@Firestorm808

Are there any revisions that you think that we need to do based on what was said earlier in this thread?

I think that we should handle the remaining discussion here.

If the Void Hound feat is illegitimate, it should be removed, yes.

Pushing the solar system was calculated to actually just barely be above baseline Star level since mathematically adding the GBE of every object in the solar system gets you just a hair above star level. But yeah, I'm fine with Void Hound feat removal.

Thank you for the input. Is somebody willing to handle removing the Void Hound feat then?

On the topic of the the era-split, where does him getting amped post-Infinite Crisis come from? I know the scans for post-DoS and post-Mongul Training, but I'm not aware of post-IC. I checked "Up, Up and Away" and a few other stories from around that time, but I still haven't anything that implies it.

What DC Stage is this?(sorry for the derailment)
Superman got overcharged for a while after absorbing Eradicator, but he got stabilized by Parasite later on.
  • Superman Vol 2 #82, October 1993
    • After absorbing Eradicator, Superman defeats Cyborg Superman and notes he is at full power.

Post-Eradicator​

• Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 #29, January 1994
    • Superman moved fast enough almost to negate the effects of the temporal modulation field's Time Slow
  • Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 #30, February 1994
    • Lobo shattered a planet with a blast from his weapons.
    • Lobo states twice that Superman is stronger than last time.
    • Superman agrees twice that his powers are increasing.
    • Superman doesn't need to breathe oxygen anymore.
    • Superman overcame the inertia of a ship the size of a small moon.
    • They both survive a Force-Twelve Disintegration Beam
  • Action Comics Vol 1 #696, February 1994
  • Superman: The Man of Steel Vol 1 #31, March 1994
  • Adventures of Superman Vol 1 #511, April 1994
    • Superman mentions his increased powers.
    • According to Professor Hamilton, Superman is absorbing solar radiation and other energies much faster than ever before due to being irradiated by what he calls Kryptonite X. The Eradicator incident that recharged his powers foreshadowed his power increase. He says there is no physical way for Superman to expend his energy fast enough. His powers will continue increasing until his body cannot contain them.
  • Action Comics Vol 1 #698, April 1994
    • Superman fights Parasite.
    • Parasite leeched out the excess energy Superman absorbed.
  • Action Comics Vol 1 #699, May 1994
    • According to Professor Emil, Superman is in number one shape. There's not a trace left of the exotic energies he detected in him the other day.

...if we're doing this era split crap for DC, I want their power scaling rules split from Marvel's, y'all clearly don't care for extending verse standards so why even bother pretending.

And just FYI we have already made it really clear in the past that erasplit is a completely arbitrary distinction made only to downplay DC, and presuming shit a writer will never care about ONCE, alongside just creating feat pockets where what once were outliers, can seem very plausible.

It's like that one Iron Man revision where the user cherrypicked 7 5-A armors to put into Iron Man's file while not listing anything weaker, except done to lower stats considerably, hell erasplit is worse because at least Iron Man armors HAVE in-canon power creep stated

Last edited:
Well, creating that many keys may be excessive, but at the start of the Post-Crisis era, Superman could explicitly be knocked out by regular nuclear explosions (7-C to 7-B or so), whereas he was at least of a High 4-C level towards the end of this era, so this seems noteworthy enough to point out at least.

But that's moreso the writers finally getting in grips with how to write Superman, and I don't think our files should be judged by a meta-analysis, this is a poor trend to go by that'll just make them feel unfairly treatedm

He went through several in-continuity power-ups. I think that listing his power levels at the start and the end seems very relevant at least.

In-continuity powerups weren't extended to every single character in the cast, in my opinion it's abit silly to consider them

I've made my point, and at the end of the day I guess I will go by what other staff members feel correct, it's all semantics based distinctions :v

Rest assured I repeat, if these do go through, I'm not going to support these being extended towards Marvel at all, and will push for them to have their powerscaling standards be unassociated with DC Comics.

Current system employed by Marvel makes the ratings completely correct by most standards, and I will guarantee if the same standards are applied to DC it will fix a mass majority of problems, but I am feeling erasplit is quite inferior and presumptuous compared to it, and basically solves nothing. We can't do both unless we want DC files to be an absolute clutter of keys and whatnot

So assuming we do go the era-split route (since that's still contentious and only really applies to one character), is the Parasite era just going to be a temporary amp not accounted for on his profile? Also, was Hunter/Prey during the parasite-era? It came out around the same time and has statements of Superman getting stronger, so I'm curious. Lastly, I still would like to see the evidence for him getting an amp post-Infinite Crisis. I know there are scans saying his mind and senses are more precise, but nothing for him getting an actual power amp.

Quick question, was Superman amped in his final arc of Post Crisis? (The one where he fought against amped doomsday alongside Supergirl and Superboy)

I didn't read a lot of post-Johns era of Superman but did hear that he was much more powerful near the end than he was around infinite crisis and final crisis.

Era split is dumb, you're just drawing lines in the sand and deciding randomly what flies and what doesn't
This will most certaintly will lead to tier 2 and above Superman purely of pockets of feats where it looks consistent lol

Well, creating that many keys may be excessive, but at the start of the Post-Crisis era, Superman could explicitly be knocked out by regular nuclear explosions (7-C to 7-B or so), whereas he was at least of a High 4-C level towards the end of this era, so this seems noteworthy enough to point out at least.
Are. You saying that Supes should have a 7-B key

Honestly, it doesn't seem too bad. He wasn't always 4B, so showing his gradual increase in power doesn't sound too bad. The wiki does this to Goku, Naruto, and tons of other characters. So, I think it will be pretty neat.

Honestly, it doesn't seem too bad. He wasn't always 4B, so showing his gradual increase in power doesn't sound too bad. The wiki does this to Goku, Naruto, and tons of other characters. So, I think it will be pretty neat.
Yes, this was my thought as well, given that these were in-continuity power-ups, but given that other characters who did not go through power-up were somehow largely comparable regardless of era, it may turn too messy, as others have mentioned.

I am with Zark/Impress and Tllmbrg on this.

Last edited:
The Mongul training is heavily exaggerated. Mongul has never been thousands to millions of times stronger than Superman to rate them vastly different tiers. And the training was only off handily mentioned in a flashback that lasted 2 pages and wasn't really spoken of again. Treating it as a Dragonball power up is not really accurate.

Honestly, DC powerscaling standards actually are different from Marvel's. DC has a bunch of continuity reboots that Marvel lacks. Also the term "Outlier" is wrongly used for a bunch of DC Heralds. It's better said that like 99% of stuff exceeding Tier 4 are not feats to begin with and are just metaphoric shenanigans, avatar fights, chain reactions, borderline anti-feats, group effort that required buttloads of outside help, and more. Marvel is actually a different story as plenty of those characters actually did their cosmic feats with their sheer physical strength; but it's just the policy on outliers works.

The Marvel/DC scaling page is actually more accurate at describing Marvel Comics tbh. But for DC's case, it's actually a lore more details beyond the usages of "Outliers" or "PIS". Which are not to be confused with Hyperboles, Plot Armor feats, Krytonite Architype usage, infinitely weaker avatar scaling loops, ect.

Yeah the era-split arguments are really starting to look sketchy.

In Superman #152, his training is explained more as him no longer holding back subconsciously than a power amp. Although, even this is contradicted later on in JLA: Classified #32. The only evidence I've really seen for it being a power boost is Darkseid's saying he's "grown strong" in Superman/Darkseid: Apokolips Now. However, this could just refer to fighting a Superman actually using his full power, and he had already fought a post-Mongul Training Superman in Adventures of Superman #595, so it wouldn't be in reference to his training anyways.

With most of the "post-DoS" scans actually referring to a temporary amp and the "post-Infinite Crisis" scans still not being provided, as well as the previous problem with characters that didn't get amps being comparable to Superman throughout the eras, I'll be leaning towards disagreeing for the moment. Though Firestorm should still get a chance to explain his stance, since he brought it up in the first place.

Honestly I don't mind this, Marvel actually has verse specific mechanics now that need listing on pages, not to mention there's gonna be more. So far we're doing it on the verse page, which can be prone to vandalism

Moving DC to a different powerscaling rules-page may actually be beneficial for both in the long run.

I think that the rules apply well to both franchises, even if it may hit Marvel more in the bullseye. We genuinely need them as a safeguard to avoid senseless chain-scaling, among other things.

Okay but DC and Marvel have different problems so why force them to have the same rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back