• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman tier upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Supes struggles to hold up buildings occasionally. Diana outright says that arrows eff her over more than Doomsday punches.
Hal outright says this is due to the Crisis.
unknown.png

I just noticed what you meant. Time travel and raw power aren't one in the same. Just because one hax got harder (which eventually got rectified anyway) doesn’t mean that everything else went down the drain.
Glad you noticed. But even then, if it's harder for him to perform abilities, why can we assume his power level was the same?
The timestream got changed, not Hal’s abilities
Are you saying time travel was harder overall during Post-Crisis?
You know what, if I have time, I’m gonna do what should have been done a long time ago. I’m gonna debunk the debunks.
I'd be glad to see it. Superman is my favorite DC character, I used to be a very firm believer of Low 2-C to 2-C, so if you can prove it, I'd gladly accept it.

Superman doesn't really push into a Low 2-C character, and is most consistently far below 5-B. 4-B isn't an outlier, though it is not as readily available as thought.

Comics have the issues were hundreds of authors have published very different stories with widely varying feats, and as such scaling is alot harder comic to comic from different authors. People complain about how it is unfairly treated, when 99.9% of those stories being compared are written by one or a select few authors who constantly tell the same tale as the others. Due to this, there are alot of Universal feats, along with Tier 8 feats, to go along with. In my opinion, Tier 5 is the most consistent for actively trying Superman, while things like 4-B and Low 2-C are the occasional drift.

Changing my vote to neutral, though I am in support of "At most Low 2-C" until further notice.

I disagree on 4-B being an occasional drift, the majority of his tier 5 feats are fairly casual and there are other DC characters, such as green lantern and orion, who have 4-B feats. And for the last time we don't go with the most consistent end, we go for the highest end that's somewhat consistent and can't be disproven. Anyways i completely disagree with removing Supes' 4-B rating, and honestly I think it would be best if we just keep him there.

Changing my vote to neutral, though I am in support of "At most Low 2-C" until further notice.
Personally i would be fine with At most 3-A/Low 2-C or even with just 3-A/Low 2-C for DC Heralds in general (same with Marvel Heralds).

But only as long as the feats, statements and scaling are solid, legittimate and not take out of context, so none of the ones i mentioned before.

Last edited:
If we just tiered Marvel/DC like any other franchise instead of the massive amount of bias that we do now, there wouldn’t need to be an “at most” or “possibly”. Just scale them to their feats.

If we just tiered Marvel/DC like any other franchise instead of the massive amount of bias that we do now, there wouldn’t need to be an “at most” or “possibly”. Just scale them to their feats.
This would be so nice, and while scaling Marvel/DC is and always will be an absolute mess, with hundreds of different writers having different ideas of power levels of characters, I still think that an "at most"/"possibly" would still be needed

Last edited:
@DaReaperMan Your biggest mistake was trying to revise a verse that you’re not familiar with. Especially when DC is such a massive verse with thousands of comics. It would’ve been better to have some kind of secondary help.
Oh I know my mistakes, I'm not exactly someone who doesn't know what they're doing, I knew I was making a mistake by making this thread lol

Consider most of these feats have already been discussed, is everyone okay with closing this thread?

If anyone wishes to bring up certain feats for re-evaluation, we ask that you cite the source comic and fix any broken links.
I'm fine with having the thread closed, all's well that doesn't end in flame wars!

Consider most of these feats have already been discussed, is everyone okay with closing this thread?

If anyone wishes to bring up certain feats for re-evaluation, we ask that you cite the source comic and fix any broken links.
1. Depends on the vote count. People are still arguing.

2. If this is getting reject (big if, people are still arguing for it), then should a rule or note be made about these specific arguments?

Well, we already have the OPs consent, and as I mentioned earlier, if anyone wishes to bring up certain feats for re-evaluation, we ask that they cite the source comic and fix any broken links.

1. Forgot about that, probably should stay open for the time being

2. That would probably be a good rule to make, but who knows, a DMC thing may happen!

Well, we already have the OPs consent, and as I mentioned earlier, if anyone wishes to bring up certain feats for re-evaluation, we ask that they cite the source comic and fix any broken links.
Yeah, I'm fine with it being closed but people are still arguing, which i forgot since the past like 10 posts have been on the nature of memes.
Make a page for all the rejected low 2-C feats
Wouldn't be the first big shaft of a note on a profile!

At best I feel he should be "at least 4-B, likely low 2-C"'just because of the sheer amount of feats on these levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back