• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post-Crisis) vs Kharn the Betrayer Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point people are just doing whatever they can to give Superman the win. Oh well, not much we can do about it now.

Hey, if we could avoid the accusations, that'd be great.

Regardless, I'm perfectly fine with removing Clark's prior knowledge. It really doesn't change my points or my vote.

Ok I removed prior knowledge, also ive looked into the chains some and they seem to be comparable dura to Kharns armor.

Oh ok.

Also is no one gonna acknowledge the fact that the chains attaching Gorechild to Kharn may require higher AP than Supes has to break them?

(Im going to talk with Woki about it)

Superman can probably carve it off by focusing his heat vision down to the atomic level, but since I'm pretty sure there's something in 40k called the Power Sword that basically does the same thing (if i recall, i know it does something similar) that might not work but I know nearly nothing about Warhammer. All my knowledge comes from Age of Sigmar.

Yes, decently common weapons in 40k are power weapons that cut apart things on an atomic level.

I mean theres no way he hasnt seeing as how many Space Marines carry them and hes killed likely millions if not FAR more.

Im going to try to get Woki to check this out as hes pretty knowledgeable on this iirc.

Gorechild and Gorefather were wrecked when the World Eaters Primarch used them to climb out of the rubble of a building. I really don't think Gorechild's that impressive by itself...

Well that was prior to it being enhanced/warped by Daemonic Warp power plus that whole thing has never made like any sense seeing as how Angron had used them to fight various beings who are 4-B including Leman Russ and yet they never shattered so its... weird.

Much like DC 40k has had a bunch of different writers each with their own level of power they think characters are so... it can make things inconsistent. Now its not as bad as DC but its still got issues.

PsychoWarper said:
Much like DC 40k has had a bunch of different writers each with their own level of power they think characters are so... it can make things inconsistent. How its not as bad as DC but its still got issues.
Lol is that why Abaddon is nicknamed Failbaddon in the community?

LordUrien935 said:
Lol is that why Abaddon is nicknamed Failbaddon in the community?
No, that's because for the longest time, Abaddon hadn't really gotten anything done over 10,000+ years despite launching 12 Black Crusades and being hyped as the single greatest threat to the Imperium. Basically, Abaddon's lists of victories ere far shorter than his lists of defeats.

However, this is mitigated by the fact that Abaddon's other crusades weren't meant for him to win. He wasn't trying conquer Cadia or Terra. It was revealed that the 12 prior Black Crusades were just Abaddon making preperation for the 13th in which:

He finally destroyed Cadia and caused the Eye of Terror to expand, cut the galaxy in half and make it easier for Chaos incursions.

The only reason Abaddon's still called Failbaddon is because memes are fun.

I mean he still didn't have to wait 10,000 years to get off his ass and do that. Also he originally wanted to take Cadia but ragequit and just shot a ******* Blackstone Fortress at it

A Stoned Orc said:
Gorechild and Gorefather were wrecked when the World Eaters Primarch used them to climb out of the rubble of a building. I really don't think Gorechild's that impressive by itself...
First of all, inconsistent writing. Power levels vary from author to author.

Second of all, that was before Gorechild became Khorne-infused.

So ive talked a bit with Woki and the chains should be on par with Kharns dura, ive also asked if hed check the thread out since hes knowledgable on Kharn.

Gorechild was what was used to block Drach'Nyen from Abaddon, it's what was being directly affected in one of the gigafoe tanking incidents. It would seem weird for its chain to be arbitrarily less durable than both the rest of the axe, Kharn, and his armor.

I really like this match. I see Khârn taking a win with a lot of difficulty.

The argument being done about him being carried by Gorechild's momentum is valid, but not by much; his extreme lifting strength in relation to Gorechild's weight would allow him to easily pull back and revert to axe H2H fighting tactics. If Superman went in and attempted to grab the haft of the axe, what could happen are one of several things:

• Kh├órn sniping his arm.
  • Kh├órn simply lowering the haft and adjust the grip to use it like a knife. That's very basic axe fighting stuff, really.
  • He ignores Superman's attempt to grab his axe and simply reverts the swing to slash him on a vital point.
There is a very good reason why unarmed people against armed people, even unskilled ones, usually die or are deeply wounded. Every single self defense instructor will acknowledge that.

Besides, a funny point I see being made here by some is that skill is some kind of objective measure that can be determined to be "higher" or "lower". Skill is a somewhat vague concept that apply in infinite situations in different ways. While in general you can affirm that someone's skill is "greater" or "lower", it is not a rock-solid measurement that can be defined by a mere presentation of "feats".

While I do think that Khârn should have a certain skill advantage in this situation, it is not by much; there is a point that unless some supernatural stuff is involved, the fighters are effectively equal in a normal fight for a reasonable timeframe, as is in this case. And being somewhat equal, Khârn should have the advantage by virtue of having a weapon.

Yes "skill" is an objective measure especially in ridiculous proportions, we can tell who is more skilled than the other even in real-life let alone fictionally where ridiculous physics defying feats are a commonplace. In regards to armed and unarmed combat and Kharn takes the cake in both cases. So even if you want to say there are "infinite situations", Kharn will more likely win in most situations because of his skill advantage because it can't always be "by chance", at least, that is what I and a few others believe whilst some others believe the skill gap is close to zero. Of course there could be some cases where by chance Superman overwhelms Kharn and it isn't contingent on skill I believe if this fight were to happen countless times Kharn would win more often then not.

Also I still don't see how Gorechild momentum from a swing means anything if it even exists, how can you say no matter the strength there will always be a recoil from the swing? I think my stick analogy is still applicable here.

C2 of Omegon said:
I don't think that's grace. Kharn had 6 votes before Chakax and me voted. Unless I'm missing something that's 8. We need one more.
Sorry about that, my bad.

But now there is.

@Emperor

In general terms, yes I agree, skill can be somewhat measured. But a minimal change in terrain, situation, powerset, everything changes the way a fight can be done. And on a very micro level, as I said, unless some strange powers (And not the likes of superhuman strength or anything) are involved, there is a point that biomechanically, with the current limitations of your body, there is one or more ways to responding to a given situation with maximum efficacy of space, energy and effort, and way before that, there is a point when the differences aren't significant anymore. And just commenting: Saying that you can clearly define who is more skilled in real life, while true, only proves my point. I can clearly say who is a more talented fighter between two guys in a ring, but change the scenario and atmosphere a bit, like on the street or on a jungle, and the skillset required to fight might be different enough to afford very different results. It is easy to find times when really skilled professional fighters were simply sucker punched or jumped on the street and were beaten down by people who were objectively much less skilled in their field of fighting, but way better at several others.

In this match's case, my opinion is that the skill gap, while certainly existant, is not enough to warrant a significant difference in this specific scenario, a neutral terrain for both.

And I agree with the momentum thing. The momentum does exist, but as by your stick analogy, it is a really easy thing to deal with and nearly a non-factor. If Supes' tries to take advantage of that (Which is unwise even if momentum was a big enough of a factor, evidenced by several fighting manuals that said the same thing), Khârn would just, I dunno, chop his arm off or use the axe-head as a knife to cut him up.

My problem is that there's still not much you can do with an axe the size of Gorechild, superhuman strength or not, when your opponent gets behind the effective reach of the axe... Like maneuvering that thing around when your opponent is in arm's reach to still be able to make an effective cut is ridiculous.

Also, frankly, doesn't there have to be an effective kill stroke from Gorechild for its soul shit to work? I don't believe that Kharn has ever just killed people because one of Gorechild's teeth gave them a minute scratch on their skin.

I don't think you understand how a chainsword works.

If one teeth gets snagged all of them are going to get snagged. It's going to dig through bone, flesh and cloth and not let go just like a real chainsaw does to a real human body in the unfortunate cases where it's happened. If that chainsword connects?

It's gonna dig into Supes' skin like a rabid dog and he won't be able to pull it out before it eats deep enough.

A Stoned Orc said:
My problem is that there's still not much you can do with an axe the size of Gorechild, superhuman strength or not, when your opponent gets behind the effective reach of the axe... Like maneuvering that thing around when your opponent is in arm's reach to still be able to make an effective cut is ridiculous.
My thing is, don't think you Kharn already knows all of that?? Like, the man knows how to handle the axe in virtually every situation he can and knows all the ends and out of how to wield the weapon. Like he hasn't already incorapated that into his fighting style.

I mean, you can argue about the defenecies of any weapon but if the person wielding the weapon is an absolute master of it and is aware of the limitations, taking advantage of them becomes very hard. Even worse when the person on the otherside doesn't have the expertise to really press on those weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back