• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post-Crisis) vs Kharn the Betrayer Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoWarper

Bronze Supporter
Ok so the Kharn vs Supes fight on their profiles is from 2017 and alot has changed since then so lets have a rematch to see what happens

Superman (Post-Crisis)

vs

Khârn the Betrayer

- Speed Equalised

- 4-B versions

Alien: 6 (The Wright Way, Zephyros, Orc, Ehnkr2beboh, Sergeant, LordUrien)

Crazy Guy: 9 (Emperor, Plank, Lancelot, Yung, XSOULOFCINDERX, Crab, Chakax, C2, Eliminator)

Incon: 1 (Papi)

Nothing changes though. Kharn's power null still doesn't do anything and Superman just tosses him into space and calls it a day since he can't damage Kharn's 3.5 GigaFOE durability.

Tbh Khorne would probably stop that from happening cause he'd consider it dumb

Couldnt Kharn just cut Superman in half? Supes doesnt seem to resist concept manip, speed is equal and Kharn is more skilled.

His concept manipulation comes from being able to kill Daemons, no? The other things like soul manipulation and the like is resisted by Superman.

Yes but it means hes capable of cutting through concepts since Daemons are literally "living" concepts also theres no description for Supermans Soul resist, how good is it?

Kharn and 40k as a whole seems to have been quite I bit weaker back then, 3 years is long time here.

Superman won the other match on the basis of his abilities not being "unfair" by Khorne's standards. Which is untrue since Kharn has nullified psychic projectiles and even some from a tank iirc.

It was because Superman was way higher on the 4-B chain or something. Don't know about this.

It was also because he'd abuse his range advantage rather than straight up fight which I don't think is true at all, Superman always just straight fights.

Iirc a tank was kiting Kharn or basically running away while sniping and Khorne yeeted the tank.

"Kiting refers to keeping an enemy chasing you while also keeping it at a range where it cannot attack you. This tactic is often used to more safely attack the enemy using a long-range attack or to distract the enemy while others attack it."

Superman's projectiles aren't psychic at all, they're pure energy attacks. I mean, other Daemons of Khorne can do the same thing with laser beams and stuff so I don't know why Kharn would be able to null Superman's abiltiies.

As for being higher on the 4-B scale, Superman has an AP advantage but Kharn has a ridiculous durability advantage.

And while it's true that Superman starts with close combat, when he sees that he deals zero damage he's going to go ranged. Eventually he'll get tired of dealing zero damage and he doesn't want Kharn to keep dealing collateral damage so he'll toss him into space.

But thats assuming Superman gets out of the CQC unharmed, Gorechild cuts through concepts so I dont see why that wouldnt be able to cut through Superman as well.

And like I said Kharn far outskills (Hes not smarter be more skilled in combat).

Let's get something straight: Gorechild will cut through Superman like a hot knife through butter. The thing ignores durability not because of the soul hax or the concept manip, but because it can cut through damn near anything.

Now, said weapon is being used by the most favored mortal champion of Khorne, the Chaos God of War. A guy whose was one of the most skilled Space Marines before he turned to Chaos and who was a peer and sparring partner of the greatest duelist among the hosts of the Great Crusade: Sigismund. Now, said guy has been on a 10,000+ rampage fighting just about everything in the Galaxy (Space Marines, Eldar, Necron, Daemons, etc.) since then. He treats Chapter Masters (Pretty much the toughest, strongest and usually smartest of a Chapter) as chumps and can casually kill a Chaos Space Marine who slaughtered numerous other World Eaters/Khornate Berserkers with an ordinary blade in two moves.

The moment Superman goes into CQC, he basically loses. Gorechild will go right through him and Kharn is skilled enough to do so with little effort as Superman has no way of matching him in skill.

I'm going to be blunt, these two have so many absurd skill feats that anyone who thinks that one side has a solid skill advantage is kidding themselves.

Khorne has fought nearly any kind of nightmare that the Warhammer universe could throw at him while Supes has decades of feats beating nearly every kind of supervillain imaginable.

Both have fought all manner of reality warpers, wizards, robots, and demons. Both have defeated centuries old warriors and beings normal men would call gods. Both have gone toe to toe with the absolute most skilled fighters in their universes.

Not voting yet, but saying Superman can't hope to match Khorne in skill is asinine.

How is it asinine? One of the most prevalent things in Warhammer is absurd skill shit pulled by people without too many other powers.

What Superman has is experience, experience has to do with but is not the same as fighting skill. They have similar experience against a metric ton of foes, but Superman has nothing resembling the statements or feats of skill to compare to Kharn, especially when Kharn has already defeated people that have also massive skill and experience with little difficulty, and compares directly to the single most renown duelist in Warhammer, with even the likes of Abaddon that has survived a ludricuous amount of shit believing his absurd age the main reason he could beat him at all.

Elaborate. What exact feats does Kharn have that blow Clark out of the water? What kind of training does he and his opposition have, etc?

Usually when I see Superman fight and beat people I generally see him overpowering people with brute force, now im not saying he isnt skilled, he has alot of skill, but usually the villains he fights he has a power advantage over, hell Supes has defeated Darkseid with sheer brute force.

Also a few decades of fighting villains (and often holding back) vs someone whos spent 10,000+ years basically constantly fighting and killing many different beings, I dont think its asinine to say Kharn has a skill advantage.

The fact he actually has more experience under his belt than Superman at the end of the day. The fact that he also continously eats Daemons and other Chaos Space Marines that have been there god knows how long for breakfast. The fact he casually ended another Chaos Marine that had wrecked god knows how many Khornate Bersekers and other world eaters, in two moves, with a filthy ass simple knife and not even using Gorechild. The fact he compares in combative skill to Sigismund, the best duelist of the Great Crusade among the hordes and hordes of Space Marines if you exclude the primarchs, who continued to be so during his 1000 years of existence despite old age weakening him greatly, in a time when space marines were divided in 20 legions, a single one made of 10,000 at the least and up to even 250,000 in the case of one legion, if memory serves right.

These are the same dudes that, with a single company, not even a chapter, take over planets, and this is the baseline 8-C to High 8-C dudes who are already extensively trained.

Let me give you something else to chew on:

He literally slaughtered his way through the World Eaters' and Emperor's Children in a single night. Orginally, both Legions had been fighting on a planet but the planet was becoming so cold that it threatened to freeze them as night fell. So...they called a ceasefire and sought shelter. Kharn was so pissed at what he considered cowardice that he went a got a flamethrower before proceeding to set the city they were in on fire. He burned his way through city, incinerating or hacking apart anyone who tried to stop him and did this all night.

Kharn wrecked such havoc that he shattered both Legions. What was left of them split into warbands, never to cohere again as a single unified force. At least until the First War of Armegeddon, where the World Eaters came back together to fight beside Daemon Prince Angron, their Primarch. Kharn's action earned him the title 'Betrayer' for killing his own Legion kin.

If it hasn't sunken in, Kharn was already the one of the elite of humanity's greatest fighting force. A fighting force that nearly conquered the Galaxy. He was already one of the most dangerous Space Marines alive, and pretty much in the same league as Sigismund (greatest non-Primarch duelist who never lost until fighting Abaddo), Abaddon (a Marine so skilled and powerful that it was considered a feat to delay him and his forces for a FEW MINUTES during the Heresy), and Sevatar (a guy who can fight through Lion El'Jonso's flipping flagship (which is the size of a city!) single handedly, quickly killing all in his way and hold Sigismund in a formal duel for 30 HOURS and only lost cuz he broke a rule). He has come even further than that. Hell, before the end of the Heresy, Kharn apparantly scored a millio kills before collapsing on a pile of corpses in a single battle. He is a machine that does nothing but fight and kill. He decimates opponents with hundreds to thousands of years of experience, who dedicate themselves to combat and war, like it's nothing.

Superman is skilled but he's meeting a guy whose track record in combat dwarfs his by several magnitutdes, who wields a weapon that can end him in one good hit and who lives for nothing but fighting.

To borrow a phrase from the Space Wolves: someone will have to inform Lois Lane that her husbands now sleeps on the red snow.

I can but even if Superman chooses to abuse range he wouldnt be able to harm Kharn due to his dura and if he tried to throw him into space then hed have to get close and thats not a great idea.

Sooo.

Superman literally does that same sort of thing to Darkseid's minions and the like, who also easily have hundreds of thousands of years of combat/war experience...

Like, the skill feats here are literally irrelevant. Supes has trounced the same sort of people that Kharn has many times over, and people similar to Kharn himself in skill. As for Gorechild "cutting Supes like a hot knife through butter", I've gotta give another hard disagree, there. Kharn/Gorechild does not have durability negation as a listed power on this wiki (go start a CRT if you believe it should). Supes resists soul manip quite heavily, and conceptual manipulation depends entirely on the concepts involved. Daemons are conceptual existences to begin with; Superman is not. What concept is Kharn cutting? Does Kharn have feats of straight up cutting the concept of any one individual person? Can he cut the abstract "concept" of Clark Kent? I don't think Gorechild works like that.

Damn he like really needs Dura Neg added.

But can someone give me feats of Supermans soul resist? None are listed on his profile, I asked for some earlier and got nothing, so how good is it?

Cause at worst im pretty sure Gorechild can soul **** people with soul hax resistence in the millions if not in the billions or even trillions range of soul hax and at best its 1-B.

Nah bro dont you know combat experience means nothing according to Ikki threads ovo

@A Stoned Orc

Thing is, what do those guys have beyond fighting for that long?

Saying he has trounced similar people is a pretty void statement without citing who are those similar people or how they are similar, without even adding that Kharn has done that before he had 10 thousand years of experience doing this same shit, doing this same shit to other stupidly skilled opponents with little effort, in quick order, and without using the dura negging Gorechild, or that defeating a skilled person is not the same as being just as skilled.

The Chaos Marine Kharn kills is the clearest evidence that I can see. He had no dura negging weapon, he was fighting someone else that was comparable and also had a long list of accomplishments, and he still ended him in two moves with a shitty knife. He didn't even break a sweat.

I have seen nothing comparable so far.

He's fought (and defeated) the likes of avatars of Darkseid and Wonder Woman, who both have feats of defeating Ares, God of War, who, like Khorne himself, grows more powerful from the act of violence itself and whose skill at arms is top-tier (He has innate, intimate knowledge of every weapon of war ever made, and can use any of them effortlessly), and has existed spurring on and fighting in various conflicts and wars since his birth in the God Wave.

Doesnt Superman usually go the "Overpower with brute force" route? Like with the minions Supes is usually massively stronger and faster so its not really skill and in the comics ive read of Supes vs Darkseid it usually becomes a slug fest not a skilled battle.

Isn't Diana the one that shows skill by being able to deal with Superman, who last that I remember tends to be put above her in raw power, sort of like how she compensates against Flash's obviously superior speed by sensing out air vbrations that one time?

PsychoWarper said:
Cause at worst im pretty sure Gorechild can soul **** people with soul hax resistence in the millions if not in the billions or even trillions range of soul hax and at best its 1-B.
Warhammer has a lot of things. 1-B soul hax ain't one of them, at least not for Kharn.

I was gonna say there are a few different characters with 1-B soul hax

Why not? If Kharn has a feat of perma killing a Greater Daemon with GC thats 1-B hax, its similar to the reasoning to why Culexus have 1-B Soul Destruction same with some of the Primarch weapons iirc.

1-B Soul Hax does exist in Warhammer lol. I don't know about that like you could genuinely argue he does have it.

Either way I literally don't know how Superman has skill feats comparable to Kharn. Like no.

Can someone actually list skill feats?

What Orc said above. Being able to battle Wonder Woman, who knows all martial arts known to man and many other exotic ones and weapons by the Amazons, and she herself has battled the personification of War, Ares.

But again, as far as I am aware, Superman is treated as fairly above her in raw might and dura, the fact that they fight is a feat for her since she can deal with a more powerful foe, not so much for him.

Wonder Woman knowing all martial arts known to man isn't impressive in Warhammer.

Though fighting Ares is very, very impressive. Since he knows basically everything combat based since the beginning of time and gets stronger because he gets empowered from the act of war. Though Wonder Women didn't actually even fight this Ares.

In her second volume/second series where the statement of "knows everything combat" comes from, she fights Ares and gets beate only to get a lucky shot.

Wonder Woman beats him with hax to show him the consequences of his actions using the Lasso of Truth showing him if he kills everyone no one would worship him.

Superman and Wonder Women have beaten him though I forgot the context here I think this is from Injustice so it doesn't count.

Superman has beaten Darkseid various times too in a one on one.

Doesnt Supes usually beat Darkseid with brute force not really... skill?

(I cant see the Darkseid link).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back