• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Founding Member of the Justice League" Superman VS "Akatsuki's Renegade" Itachi Uchiha

• Starting Distance: 5m
  • Both in-character
  • Equalized speed
  • Post-Eradicator Superman | Edo Tensei Itachi

Superman: 7 (@That_moron2, @Excellence616, @ProbNotAFelon, @Quantu, @Robo432343, @Emirp sumitpo, @TauanVictor)
Itachi:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Can Itachi even do anything? There's a huge AP gap and Superman can resist genjutsu with supernatural willpower. And Superman can't bypass low-godly regen so isn't this just inconclusive?

Can someone explain Itachi's starting moves and how they work.
Itachi usually starts off with various genjutsu but idk about how the layers work after the layer evaluation thread was made. They're on an accepted blog so completely disregarding them feels weird but whatever.

If genjustu doesn't work and he sees he can't do anything physically he'll result to his soul hax weapons. Those work like this
7752df594214001ec51330c1e9c5a557d4320a16.jpg

They both don't actually have a physical form so they're a pretty effective dura neg

What is Genjutsu and what does it do.
Mind manipulation puts the opponent into a world of illusion, its power varies depending on the user, so whether it is layered or not is still debatable. I remember Itachi's genjutsu having 3 or 4 (I don't remember exactly) layers, but it might be better if someone more knowledgeable enlightens us.

What is Genjutsu and what does it do.
Mind manip + illusions + paralysis. Itachis weakest genjutsu is activated by him just pointing a finger at you and basically made Naruto see Sasuke and Sakura appear out of his body and choke him.
Meanwhile his strongest genjustu made his GF live out an entire life where she dies of old age in her head in the span of a single second (which actually made her die)

As for layers the currently accepted blog post has like 3 layers.
Tsukuyomi > Regular Mangekyō Sharingan Genjutsu > 3T Sharingan Genjutsu > Regular Genjutsu

How does Itachi activate Genjustu, does he look at the opponent or something.
Tsukuyomi (the one that can kill you by making you live out an entire life in a single second) is activated via eye contact.

The weaker genjutsu vary. Some are also eye contact based while some are activated by Itachi merely pointing a finger at his opponent.

I mean if it's not layered, then Superman pretty much resists all of them, and as for Tsukuyomi, Superman has already something similar I doubt it will work, and mind you, the Martian God of Death, which Superman was resisting, was capable of aging the universe to it's heat death.

Plus even if Superman can't negate Low Godly Regen, Superman could just BFR Itachi by sending him to space, incapacitate him by freezing him, which his freeze breath is strong enough to freeze opponents like Darkseid, or even straight up attack Itachi's soul with his heat vision, or straight up attack Itachi's soul with his heat vision.

I mean if it's not layered, then Superman pretty much resists all of them,
I mean, I'm not going to force you to acknowledge the layers since idk how exactly the rules regarding them work rn. But the blog specifically centered around the layers was accepted and is still on the verse page so completely dismissing them does feel a tad bit disingenuous.
as for Tsukuyomi, Superman has already something similar I doubt it will work, and mind you, the Martian God of Death, which Superman was resisting, was capable of aging the universe to it's heat death.
Tsukuyomi doesn't actually age you. It completely manipulates the targets sense of reality, giving Itachi full control over time and space in their mind. Izumi died not because her body aged up but because her mind thought she died of old age. Itachi also used this to torture Kakashi for 72 hours straight in a single second (which hospitalized him) as well as to show Sasuke his parents dying 518,400 times in a single second.
Plus even if Superman can't negate Low Godly Regen, Superman could just BFR Itachi by sending him to space, incapacitate him by freezing him, which his freeze breath is strong enough to freeze opponents like Darkseid, or even straight up attack Itachi's soul with his heat vision, or straight up attack Itachi's soul with his heat vision.
Can he do those things through the Yata mirror tho? It's a spiritual shield without a physical form that can change any of its attributes to negate any attacks. Plus he has precog that could just allow him to dodge.

Itachi also has ice manip resistance. And how does his soul manipulation work? I couldn't find it on his profile (I'm blind af).

Izumi died not because her body aged up but because her mind thought she died of old age. Itachi also used this to torture Kakashi for 72 hours straight in a single second (which hospitalized him) as well as to show Sasuke his parents dying 518,400 times in a single second
I mean, Superman's supernatural willpower was able to endure over 200 years of torture from Gog, and even getting repeatedly tortured by a High 1-C Joker, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem for him.

Can he do those things through the Yata mirror tho? It's a spiritual shield without a physical form that can change any of its attributes to negate any attacks. Plus he has precog that could just allow him to dodge.

Itachi also has ice manip resistance. And how does his soul manipulation work? I couldn't find it on his profile (I'm blind af).
His heat vision can become intangible and that's how his soul hax works. I'll grab the scans later.

I'm aware of Itachi having ice hax, but if Supes's ice hax is durable enough to freeze much stronger opponents, I don't think Itachi could move out of such a thing.

I mean, Superman's supernatural willpower was able to endure over 200 years of torture from Gog, and even getting repeatedly tortured by a High 1-C Joker, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem for him.
What kind of torture tho? Because like, kid Itachi could already hit you with about 70 years of nonstop torture. Like a complete torture of all your senses for 70+ years without a single millisecond of a break.

He could also set up Izanami which puts you in an infinite loop allowing Itachi to do whatever he wants with you in the mean time. Although that's a lot harder than Tsukuyomi which could give supes a chance to BFR him or something.
His heat vision can become intangible and that's how his soul hax works.
Hmm, Deidaras soul could be summoned by edo tensei after being completely vaporized so he can probably survive that ngl. Not 100% sure, but I don't see a reason why this would be any different.
I'll grab the scans later.
That would be great, thank you.
I'm aware of Itachi having ice hax, but if Supes's ice hax is durable enough to freeze much stronger opponents, I don't think Itachi could move out of such a thing.
What this tells me is just that Itachi could pretty much get buried alive in an ice coffin but his body wouldn't actually be frozen itself. Which allows Itachi to use amaterasu to burn out of it (amaterasu is a flame he can spawn wherever he's looking that's as hot as the sun itself).

Anyway, can't Itachi just precog + speed amp dodge it? Or block with Tata mirror?

What kind of torture tho? Because like, kid Itachi could already hit you with about 70 years of nonstop torture. Like a complete torture of all your senses for 70+ years without a single millisecond of a break.

He could also set up Izanami which puts you in an infinite loop allowing Itachi to do whatever he wants with you in the mean time. Although that's a lot harder than Tsukuyomi which could give supes a chance to BFR him or something.
Death made Superman watch everyone in the universe slowly succumb to old age and entropy, including all life, Earth and his loved ones while Superman was powerless to do anything, all while the universe eventually collapse into a heat death. Gog tortured Superman continuously with kryptonite for 200 years. Joker killed Batman over and over with Superman by his side, powerless to do anything, for an unknown amount of days on end. Joker trapped him in a false reality where he was a criminal and was constantly hunted down. Joker tried to break him by getting Superman to accidentally kill Lois. His will is strong enough to influence the flow of time. Superman has the strongest will in the universe besides Hal Jordan. And his will can even shut down magic altogether. Phantom Stranger Superman has a near infinite amount of willpower.

Hmm, Deidaras soul could be summoned by edo tensei after being completely vaporized so he can probably survive that ngl. Not 100% sure, but I don't see a reason why this would be any different.
About the soul hax thing, I misread the scan nvm.

Anyway, can't Itachi just precog + speed amp dodge it? Or block with Tata mirror?
Superman can also speed amp himself by sundipping, and the Theta Sate would also allow Superman to keep up with his precog. Superman could just straight up grab Itachi and send him to either another universe, the phantom zone, or even the source wall, none of which Itachi can escape from. Or straight up rewite Itachi with his reality punches or erase him with EE, though considering this is in character, Superman won't be bloodlusted enough to use either.

How does Yata Mirror function.

Death made Superman watch everyone in the universe slowly succumb to old age and entropy, including all life, Earth and his loved ones while Superman was powerless to do anything, all while the universe eventually collapse into a heat death. Gog tortured Superman continuously with kryptonite for 200 years. Joker killed Batman over and over with Superman by his side, powerless to do anything, for an unknown amount of days on end. Joker trapped him in a false reality where he was a criminal and was constantly hunted down. Joker tried to break him by getting Superman to accidentally kill Lois. His will is strong enough to influence the flow of time. Superman has the strongest will in the universe besides Hal Jordan. And his will can even shut down magic altogether. Phantom Stranger Superman has a near infinite amount of willpower.
Honestly that doesn't seem that impressive compared to Tsukuyomi. Most of those things seem to mostly give supes some time to breath in between the torture or aren't that brutal. If Itachi does what he did to Kakashi but on a scale as he did to Izumi, Superman will get stabbed all over his body while he's crucified for 70 years nonstop. Like not even a single second of time in between.

Now his willpower will most likely allow him to still function after that but it should still be a notable mental hit. Ntm Itachi can spam this as many times as Supes looks him in the eyes so after the first one Supermans mental state will be greatly affected + he'll have to avoid eye contact while fighting.
Superman can also speed amp himself by sundipping, and the Theta Sate would also allow Superman to keep up with his precog. Superman could just straight up grab Itachi and send him to either another universe, the phantom zone, or even the source wall, none of which Itachi can escape from. Or straight up rewite Itachi with his reality punches or erase him with EE, though considering this is in character, Superman won't be bloodlusted enough to use either.
I don’t think sun dipping really matters. It's my like Itachi will let him go chill on the sun. The problem with the rest here is the grabbing part. Itachi is an extremely skilled and versatile fighter. He will definitely use his advanced precog to avoid touching Supes and use clones and illusions to distract him. Plus Yata mirror of course.
How does Yata Mirror function.
Yata Mirror is a shield that's attached to Itachi Susanoo alongside the Totsuka Blade. It's a spiritual weapon with no physical form that can change all of its properties to counter any attack. It's stated all attacks, whether astral or material "lose their meaning".

In practice Itachi has this giant avatar that wields a shield that can defend against any attack. The Susanoo is also just faster than the user themselves so it's technically a speed amp.

Honestly that doesn't seem that impressive compared to Tsukuyomi. Most of those things seem to mostly give supes some time to breath in between the torture or aren't that brutal. If Itachi does what he did to Kakashi but on a scale as he did to Izumi, Superman will get stabbed all over his body while he's crucified for 70 years nonstop. Like not even a single second of time in between.

Now his willpower will most likely allow him to still function after that but it should still be a notable mental hit. Ntm Itachi can spam this as many times as Supes looks him in the eyes so after the first one Supermans mental state will be greatly affected + he'll have to avoid eye contact while fighting
The Kryptonite happened continuously for 200 years. And is Tsukuyomi mind hax? That's something Superman can easily just resist.

I don’t think sun dipping really matters. It's my like Itachi will let him go chill on the sun. The problem with the rest here is the grabbing part. Itachi is an extremely skilled and versatile fighter. He will definitely use his advanced precog to avoid touching Supes and use clones and illusions to distract him. Plus Yata mirror of course
Superman could easily move out of Itachi's range completely. Superman himself also has clones to utilise and can even see through illusions as well. And Superman himself is no slouch when it comes to skill.

Superman could also just straight up vibrate the entire planet itself into another dimension. He doesn't even need to touch Itachi.

As for the Susanoo, with it's sheer size and his flight, Superman could likely just dodge any of its movements and go for Itachi. Also define "Astral"

I mean, I'm not going to force you to acknowledge the layers since idk how exactly the rules regarding them work rn. But the blog specifically centered around the layers was accepted and is still on the verse page so completely dismissing them does feel a tad bit disingenuous.
It they were accepted in a separate crt, then they should be valid.

The Kryptonite happened continuously for 200 years. And is Tsukuyomi mind hax? That's something Superman can easily just resist.
But what does kryptonite actually do to him here? Because in most on screen superman stuff it just weakens him to human level, not cause pain equal to getting stabbed in every part of your body. And the mind hax are layered.
Superman could easily move out of Itachi's range completely. Superman himself also has clones to utilise and can even see through illusions as well. And Superman himself is no slouch when it comes to skill.
Would superman do that in character tho? Like would he just randomly decide to run away to amp himself?
Seeing through illusions would be useful for basic genjutsu but Tsukuyomi is layered.
Superman could also just straight up vibrate the entire planet itself into another dimension. He doesn't even need to touch Itachi.
How does that work exactly? Would he do that in character? And what stops Itachi from just attacking him while he's doing that.
Also that's not really a BFR if he moves the entire battlefield.
As for the Susanoo, with it's sheer size and his flight, Superman could likely just dodge any of its movements and go for Itachi. Also define "Astral"
The size is actually an advantage, not a disadvantage here. Susanoo was shown to blitz people that are on par with the user on several occasions.
Astral here seems to be the opposite of material which works with the Oxford dictionary definition of
relating to a supposed non-physical realm of existence
Basically meaning both physical and non physical attacks get countered by it. Makes sense given its stated to "repel any attack"

Saying Yata Mirror can nullify attacks around 8.8270736e+46x its durability seems like a bit of an NLF
Yata mirror is a hax ability/weapon…
How would saying it can block such attacks be NLF? It's not like being stronger somehow bypasses the hax

Yata mirror is a hax ability/weapon…
How would saying it can block such attacks be NLF? It's not like being stronger somehow bypasses the hax
The way Yata Mirror works is by changing and combining all the elemental natures and its shape to change its properties therefore nullifying attacks. What is it gonna do to nullify Superman's punches?

The way Yata Mirror works is by changing and combining all the elemental natures and its shape to change its properties therefore nullifying attacks. What is it gonna do to nullify Superman's punches?
No? It doesn't say anything about combining elemental natures. That's TSO.
Also that's leaving out the fact that it's a non physical spiritual weapon. Either way it just changes it's properties to counter the punches.

But what does kryptonite actually do to him here? Because in most on screen superman stuff it just weakens him to human level, not cause pain equal to getting stabbed in every part of your body.
Kryptonite is poisonous to his body and causes him actual pain. It doesn't just weaken him.

Would superman do that in character tho? Like would he just randomly decide to run away to amp himself?
Seeing through illusions would be useful for basic genjutsu but Tsukuyomi is layered
At some point, he'll realize his standard attacks won't work and he'll try alternatives. And finding ways to incap and trap and opponents is one of them.

And for for the planet moving thing, Superman could just leave the planet stranded in the middle of nowhere and leave him behind.

No? It doesn't say anything about combining elemental natures. That's TSO.
Also that's leaving out the fact that it's a non physical spiritual weapon. Either way it just changes it's properties to counter the punches.
Yeah, it's like Superman hitting a Stand from Jojo. He's hella stronger than it but because of its specific makeup and Abilities it won't actually hurt it.

Kryptonite is poisonous to his body and causes him actual pain. It doesn't just weaken him.
Hmm okay but how much pain? Because again we're comparing it to getting repeatedly stabbed with katanas in every part of your body 24/7.
At some point, he'll realize his standard attacks won't work and he'll try alternatives. And finding ways to incap and trap and opponents is one of them.
I mean, I agree that would happen but that'd only be if Itachi didn't beat him before that. He could be thinking he killed Itachi just for it to be an illusion and the real Itachi to hit him with Totsuka blade from behind.
And for for the planet moving thing, Superman could just leave the planet stranded in the middle of nowhere and leave him behind.
Would… would Superman just sacrifice all of humanity just to throw Itachi to a different dimension? Would that even count as BFR? Because Itachi would still be on the battlefield, it would be superman who would have left

Would… would Superman just sacrifice all of humanity just to throw Itachi to a different dimension? Would that even count as BFR? Because Itachi would still be on the battlefield, it would be superman who would have left
I reread OP and apparently the fight is in Metropolis. NVM then.

Also what does the Totsuka Blade do.

I'll respond to the rest tomorrow.

I dont see how Supes' willpower is going to allow him to bust through all of Itachi's layers.

Edit: Unless that willpower comes from the level of the soul. Only Itachi's Susanoo affects the soul.

Last edited:
If Superman isn't resisting Tsukuyomi, he should get incapped right? Since Tsukuyomi is listed to be mind based BFR on Itachi's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back