• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post-Crisis) vs Kharn the Betrayer Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Superman is no brute force idiot, even if he employs some simple overpowering charges now and again. Beyond his experience, he's skilled and has actually trained for combat.

But he has nothing on the level of Kharnt that I can see. And I am (not a dedicated comic book fan, so this could be me making stupid judgements) not gonna scale him entirely to Diana, when she's the one with the multiple of statements and feats of martial might. It doesn't make sense to me to scale Superman entirely to her while lacking something similar and with the nature of comics and different writers.

EmperorRorepme said:
Isn't Superman's wincon just picking Kharn up and throwing him into space? Or punching him into space?
Yes because Superman can't do jack against 3.5 GigaFOE durability. It's how he won last time.

Honestly ive looked over the Thor debate and it doesnt really make any sense, people just kinda voted for Thor, hell a big argument was Thors superior AP no one even mentioned throwing Kharn into space for Thor.

The vote count was 7 Thor and 5 Kharn.

Thats why I made a Thor vs Kharn rematch as well as this one.

This is basically the reasoning for Thors win, also going through the OP counted people who said arguments for Thor but didn't actually vote as voting so... I dont even know if it was aa legit count,

"As far as I know, Thor is stronger and more durable and a bit more experienced. I've not yet read the books where Khârn's nullification powers appear, but from what I've heard, Khorne doesn't negates all powers. He'd negate haxxy, unfair or the cowardly usage of powers. I hardly find Thor's stat amp, transformation or even lightning bolts being any of the three. In fact, Thor favors melee combat and mostly uses said powers as helping factors. (Except in some cases)

Maybe Khârn got superior skill, but I doubt that the advantage is high. I think Thor may take this, with mid-high difficulties."

"Anyways, does anyone know the vote count here is like? I'm thinking Thor could hold out longer than Kharn dude. As cool as the latter is at times, it doesn't seem he can get around to taking down Thor as he is. Thor seems more versatile and i presume he's more on the physical direct combat type guy who is likely to amp his strikes with his lightning and stuff. Don't think Thor's hax is really haxxy to the point of unfair (maybe with the exception of Godblast but idk about that even) so that probably won't do well for Kharn's null i assume. As for combat skills, they gotta at least be even on that but with Thor, i think he may give out the more power than the Betrayer would."

Also Gorechild was treated differently back when this happened.

I feel like Stat Amps, Transformations and Lightning Bolts would be nulled. Even if it doesn't, there's no way it could cross the gap and scratch 3.5 GigaFOE

ZephyrosOmega said:
doesn't heat vision negate durability through lobotomy or whatever? Maybe that was brought up but i just got here
Superman doesnt use that in character and Kharn could probably survive that tbh.

ZephyrosOmega said:
doesn't heat vision negate durability through lobotomy or whatever? Maybe that was brought up but i just got here
Yeah he can neg durability with it since it works at the microscopic level

I know its the brain but if its microscopic would Kharns Low Mid regen cover it?

Kharn also has the multiple organs thing but I dont know if that includes Brain.

Honestly wouldnt be surprised if Khorne negated the laser lobotomy.

Anyway even if that is a wincon thats still not in character.

Superman's smart enough to use it if all else fails, I think. It's a matter of whether or not he'll survive long enough to do it.

Yes but that would assume Khorne is fair in his judgment plus I dont think the nirmal Laserbeam its the micro dura neg use that mig be negged.

I don't see him nulling Superman's stuff, as that is all his own power.

Granted, not sure that would work considering the helmed Kharn has on disallowing that. Unless he'll reflect on the eye visor which will reflect on his eye which will reach his brain.

It being his own power means nothing, Psyker abilities are their own powers but it still gets yeeted.

Now most of Supermans stuff is left alone but some might get effected, hell one of the things mentioned as getting negated was projectiles.

Psyker abilities aren't their own powers, is Warp Power that they can wield because psyker. That's the entire point of Khorne, martial prowess is something you build and take from yourself, psyker shit you pull out of the warp without having to work for that power (you still need to know shit to use the warp correctly, but he really doesn't care about that shit).

I guess but still Khorne isnt fair in his judgment, it will always be biased towards Kharn.

Anyway will Superman even get the chance to realise that he has to do the lobotamy?

Psykers have their own individual essences with the actual power within them. It's true they draw it from the Warp but they still have that power within them.

It isn't really biased. Even Khorne demons really don't have much if any hax beyond what they get for simply being daemons.

You don't see weapons getting negged by Khorne, even things like Power Weapons that neg dura. He simply thinks psyker stuff is puny because it is not their own power. And it is indeed not their own power, even if they learn to control it, which is a requirement to not get om nom nommed by the power.

And I am not sure what you mean by essence. Their power is entirely from the warp.

Their hax mostly many abnormal weaponry that isn't fair at all in combat.

Essence as in "being" but it contains a lot more things. Not denying that, I'm saying Kharn also nulls the power within their essence.

But it is fair. You won't be hitting anyone with that if you don't know how to wield it, you'd kill yourself easier. Kharn shows as much when he takes someone on with a knife and leaves Gorechild down, he killed him in short order with little difficulty. Gorechild isn't meant to be dangerous because "dura neg", but because Kharn is the one wielding it. He doesn't stop anyone with power weapons that also dura negs from going after Kharn.

Not sure if I remember such a thing ever being mentioned so am just a little confused but eh, doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back