• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

Would that not also just be a huge outlier?

Considering the things they're already scaling to, suddenly putting everyone at 4-A seems pretty excessive just for some vague starry sky.

Can we return to Low 2-C Arceus/Palkia/Dialga scaling

Sora's final smash also creates a starry sky, so at least it's consistent.

Oh hey this thread is still active. I can say what’s been on my mind for a grip now.

It’s one thing that the fighters are this low (not scaling to Sephy’s final smash is silly, putting it as nicely as I possibly can, but whatever). Master Hand is another story altogether.
Master Hand’s mountain level rating is borderline VSBW comics rating levels of bad.

Oh hey this thread is still active. I can say what’s been on my mind for a grip now.

It’s one thing that the fighters are this low (not scaling to Sephy’s final smash is silly, putting it as nicely as I possibly can, but whatever). Master Hand is another story altogether.
Master Hand’s mountain level rating is borderline VSBW comics rating levels of bad.
Holy shit I never noticed Master Hand got downgraded to Mountain level, that is cursed as hell

I know very well who passed this through and back when I was still present, I disagreed with it heavily and still do. I might even make a conscious effort to change the tiering. The Hands should be uni+ at minimum, and frankly there’s a good argument for multi+.

As far as I'm aware, the reason for the downgrade was because the original Japanese translation of Master Hand's trophy description never mentioned he created the Smash universe.

I know very well who passed this through and back when I was still present, I disagreed with it heavily and still do. I might even make a conscious effort to change the tiering. The Hands should be uni+ at minimum, and frankly there’s a good argument for multi+.
Multi+ would actually just be 2-B if you mean the Young Link thing in Palutena's Guidance as the Japanese version uses "countless" or so instead of infinite.

Sora's final smash also creates a starry sky, so at least it's consistent.
What? I bothered checking, there's absolutely nothing in the background, it's a blank space.
smash-bros-kingdom-hearts.gif

Imo the phrases "And so the universe was crushed at the hands of Galeem" and "The dust settles on a new world" should be pretty concretely 3-A if not just Low 2-C

This combined with the Smashers surviving hits from Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga, who's trophy descriptions acknowledge as being able to create and manipulate worlds

I think Low 2-C is fairly easy, but if not, they should be able to fall into 3-A, and if not that, 4-A at bare minimum

Current Smash profiles suck right now

I look at Tier 7 Galeem and weep

I'm probably going to add a Tier 2 section to the CRT, not too confident in it getting accepted tho

We literally have a 4-B Sephiroth feat, 3-A Galeem and Dharkon that got relegated to just "up to 3-A with Abilities" for seemingly no reason at all, etc.

Like, the absolute state of the profiles is hilarious

iirc we can't use Sephiroth Final Smash cause it only scales to Sephiroth cause no one other fighter has had it used on them canonily and Galeem and Dharkon 3-A was decided to be only via hax in here.

iirc we can't use Sephiroth Final Smash cause it only scales to Sephiroth cause no one other fighter has had it used on them canonily
Ain't even gonna lie...

This is a hilariously bad reason. Smash has no canon 😭
Galeem and Dharkon 3-A was decided to be only via hax in here.
Gonna be blunt for a moment: Doesn't matter where it was accepted, it shouldn't have been accepted to begin with

The main response in favor of the 3-A being separated was literally just a personal interpretation. Not once are these attacks noted or even implied to be several orders of magnitude above their normal capabilities, and there was no proof given besides "they just are"

I think I may make the CRT have different "ends"

Lugia and Reshiram's trophy descriptions include their big feats from the Pokemon series. Lugia's feat is 497.13 gigatons; Large Island level (High 6-C) and Reshiram's feat is 275.93 petatons; Multi-Continent level (High 6-A)

Sephiroth's feat is 1.06 KiloFoe; Solar System level (4-B)

Rosalina's Final Smash creates a starry sky, 4-A

Palkia's trophy description says it can control all of space, which would be High 3-A

Dialga's trophy description says it created time and set it in motion, Low 2-C

Galeem's intro contains the following lines that should be 3-A, as they imply destruction and creation

"Galeem sought to create a new world. The fighters and their countless stories... came to an end as the light consumed them."

"Thus, the universe was crushed in the hands of Galeem. Those who fought the light were devoured. The others lost their bodies and became spirits. Only one survived... A star of hope twinkles faintly as the dust settles on the new world."

So there's High 6-C, High 6-A, High 5-A, 4-A, 3-A, High 3-A, and Low 2-C arguments

I think High 6-A is easiest thing ever, High 5-A/4-A is harder, Tier 3 is likely maybe, and Low 2-C isn't very likely even though I want it to be

Back