• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Brothers Discussion Thread

@Bobsican its still a mii costume tho
However i have a strong feeling there is gonna be another Smash Bros game however with someone else running the show and not Sakurai, and i have a very strong feeling Sans is gonna end up being playable because this kind of thing happened to King K Rool.

I want to beat the shit out of pokemon assist trophies.

is there any reason guys why the creators made it so that assist trophy characters can be damaged and possible killed but none of the pokemon assist characters can be killed, let alone damage?

is there any reason guys why the creators made it so that assist trophy characters can be damaged and possible killed but none of the pokemon assist characters can be killed, let alone damage?
Unsure. Maybe to distinguish them as types of items? Or to make Poke Balls more special? To compensate for that Poke Balls have to be thrown, & can be reflected?

That said, in past games, some Pokemon could be damaged, & removed from the battle premature. I THINK Marill. Definitely Cyndaquil, & possibly also Chansey, among other Pokemon in Melee.

Unsure. Maybe to distinguish them as types of items? Or to make Poke Balls more special? To compensate for that Poke Balls have to be thrown, & can be reflected?

That said, in past games, some Pokemon could be damaged, & removed from the battle premature. I THINK Marill. Definitely Cyndaquil, & possibly also Chansey, among other Pokemon in Melee.
then why was it removed?

Simple: they didn't want to incur the wrath of PETA.

Simple: they didn't want to incur the wrath of PETA.

shut up animal rights people.

i just want to be a badass human that can beat the shit out of animal gods and stuff with nothing but my fists.

Tonight i dine on squirtle soup, Krabby sticks, qwilfish (that is aquacultured), Torchic Sandwich, feebas filet, cherubi ice cream, prickly maractus (gotta peel its skin and eat the leaves and fruits), bunnelby meat, pyukumuku's (those cucumbers are good once cooked), and alcemies for desert.

gives the middle finger to animals rights/PETA by slaughtering and eating literally every single pokemon to extinction.

i wish they still allowed it because zoroark and genesect and stuff look edgy and some edgy things i hate.

because i want to beat that wolf until it's a mangled mess of fur and blood.
Yeah, & I hate how nigh-cephalothoraxic Knuckle Joe's body type is for how overpowered he is, & I hate Mr. Resetti for being invincible, despite him getting angry being part of his joke (& his purpose as an Assist Trophy.).
I think Jill looks stupid & Tingle is irritating AND ugly.

But just because I hate them doesn't mean it betters the game design to make them able to get attacked/damaged/KO'd.
Perhaps in some cases, the devs felt it was better, but that could be to counterbalance their probability of appearing, or just because they wanted some intentional duds or some to be harder to handle than others.

Yeah, & I hate how nigh-cephalothoraxic Knuckle Joe's body type is for how overpowered he is, & I hate Mr. Resetti for being invincible, despite him getting angry being part of his joke (& his purpose as an Assist Trophy.).
I think Jill looks stupid & Tingle is irritating AND ugly.

But just because I hate them doesn't mean it betters the game design to make them able to get attacked/damaged/KO'd.
Perhaps in some cases, the devs felt it was better, but that could be to counterbalance their probability of appearing, or just because they wanted some intentional duds or some to be harder to handle than others.

that is understandable.

So, the final DLC for SSBU would be announced today

No matter who's gonna be the characters, the internet soon would be in chaos

maxresdefault.jpg

Just finished watching it.

WE GOT THE ONLY ANIME SWORDSMAN THAT MATTERS!!! YES!!!

As soon as I saw the reveal of who it was, I switched to HD 1080p, Max Volume, & watched in Fullscreen, non-stop. Was cheering & squeeing for so much of it.
I don't even have the means to play it, & yet I'm still happy, because I'd like to think someday I'll be able to.

Sora has a lot of new people to meet, friends to make, worlds to visit, & butts to kick battles to win.
(Lol.)

Sad that Sakurai's Smash Presentations won't happen again, unless we get another game (& even then, how could it TOP Ultimate?!), but I'm glad that it's been so glorious, & for who we got.

Last edited:
I'm extremely excited for Sora getting in, although I sure wish some more flavor was added (I suppose having this for the Up Smash, this for the Down Smash, and this for the Side Smash would be asking for too much, let alone Drive Forms/Formchanges putting Shulk to shame leaving at a side the effort).

This being the better variant of the D-Air also probably would be broken

And this should have been the Final Smash : V

Also TFW Donald and Goofy are nowhere to be seen

Screenshot_20211006-004203_Facebook.png

I’d never thought I’d see the day where Kingdom Hearts would come to Smash, let alone that he would be the final DLC for Smash Ultimate. Between Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Sephiroth, and Joker, Smash Ultimate has really made me happy with its roster.

I’d never thought I’d see the day where Kingdom Hearts would come to Smash, let alone that he would be the final DLC for Smash Ultimate. Between Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Sephiroth, and Joker, Smash Ultimate has really made me happy with its roster.
Also Doom Slayer Mii Costume.

So this means Disney technically exists in the Smash Bros universe.
Eh, sort of. No Disney properties or acknowledgement of Sora's Disney heritage beyond Sora himself was present, & the Mickey head shape on the Kingdom Key's chain.
But we see Hidden Mickeys A LOT in KH3; They show up like, 100 times, across multiple worlds, so it's not a surprise (To me, anyway, at least.) that they show up on the chain of a Keyblade.
Sora's in part, a Disney property, but I know of nothing that acknowledges the Disney stuff in Smash.

Weird that we can get Bowser in a Disney film, but not Donald or Goofy in a Nintendo game
I can partially understand. Donald and Goofy are still originated from cartoon, which potentially means more people would ask for Goku, several media characters instead of video game ones, you can say that there's no people that dumb, and I'll say you're maybe right, but we will never know now.

Last edited:
I can partially understand. Donald and Goofy are still originated from cartoon, which potentially means more people would ask for Goku, several media characters instead of video game ones, you can sya that there's no people that dumb, and I'll say you're maybe right, but we will never know now.
When you put it that way, it makes more sense.

Back