• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I promise you that 70% of those "unique" moves in those games he's talking about are more than generic punches and kicks, the same thing he probably gets up in arms about for basic "A" moves for Smash. There's a reason the main moves people remember for Ryu are his Hadouken, Shoryuken, and Tatsumaki, and if you really wanna reach, Collarbone Breaker and his throws. Take Captain Falcon, where not only all of his specials are memorable, but his aerials and tilts as well.

There's some people who wants to straight up cut the content to '''"be like Melee because it's too complicated"''' or some bullshit.

Either the new Smash games are too simple compared to Melee or the new ones are too complicated compared to Melee. Make up your goddamn mind, people.

Yeah, Melee fans can get pretty toxic tbh. I'm all for fast paced action, with no tripping mechanic, but I still like having Final Smashes among other things. Smash 4 was great, but even that could use some improvements. I just want the see the New Smash for what it is before people judge it.

I just realized how toxic the smash community really is than I expected to be. I'm kinda disappointed especially Melee players.

Yeah, the Smash community is either really good or really bad. Now I know what it's like to be in a fandom like that instead of seeing it in an outside view like I did for Dragon Ball, Sonic, and the HST.

Also, watching Zero's Demon tier list. Bayo's still the best according to him. Pokémon Trainer is a top tier to him and I'm happy about that.

People really have some....odd and specific wishes for Smash. ovo

"Now I can finally fulfill my wish of having Chrom, Pichu, and Ness team up against Ridley, Pit, and Zelda on Mario Circuit!´╗┐"

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean....haven't you always wanted Daisy to fight to the death against Simon Belmont in New Donk City? I always have.
Simon Belmont: Die, Monster! You don't belong in this world!
Daisy: It was not by my hands that I was once again given flesh. I was brought here by...Smashers...who wish to pay me tribute!
Simon Belmont: Tribute? You steal characters slots, and make fans your slaves!
Daisy: Perhaps the same could be said for all Echo FightersÔäó
Simon Belmont: Your words are as empty as your soul. Smash ill needs a savior such as you.
Daisy: What is a Smasher? A skillless little runt who can't play other fighting games. But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!"
-How the battle probably went down.

The shit you can only do in Smash. Bayonetta and Pichu having a death match over the Mushroom Kingdom while Mario and crew look in horror as chaos unfolds.

What made me decide to debate with a guy on a Youtube comment section?.....Like this man is so single minded.

>Smash has less complex characters. SFV is better because all of their roster is unique....snrk

>Sakurai is lazy because he is still using this archaic concept.

>Sakurai is not putting in the effort

>Insert fighting game here has no clones therefore they are better.

>None of this stuff is needed for competitive play.

>None of this stuff is needed for competitive play.

I see what's going on here. If he doesn't see it useful for competitive, then it doesn't count towards anything. I told him that Sakurai does not only cater to competitive play and this is what he said.

"Then what do you call Directional Air Dodging, Easy Short Hops, Dodge Degradation, FS Meter, Stage Picking before Character Selection, and all of this other stuff that benefits competitive play?"

Also all my points are faulty...apparently....Another "my opinion is fact" type of person. Can't take disagreements.

My first mistake was looking through a comment section on a positive video about Chrom's reveal and playstyle.....>.>

I've taken this chance. Posted my last comment and stopped taking notifications....otherwise I be there all night. If I see a comment I don't like, I can't help by reply back....curse my nature...>.>

A bit off topic now too, but given that K. Rool literally nukes DK Island and the characters survive it, would it be grounds for upgrades?

The main issue I see is that the Island appears very small in the cinematic, but that contradicts tons of things even in Smash, since most of the DK Stages take place there.

If you're Talking about Canon Donkey Kong Country, the true ending of DKC 2 features a durability feat for K Rool that could yield some pretty solid upgrades.

Well I meant more like for Smash only.

Honestly, our DKC ratings make little sense to me. DK is outright 6-B, but everyone else is just "possibly" 6-B or something along these lines. Heck, K. Rool has 6-B dura, but 6-C AP.

He was thrown inside the core, but he was able to resurface somehow since we see him leaving the falling island while laughing at the kongs.

"Source of creation" =/= created the universe

And like i said a month ago, Classic Mode is canon, and smash bros charas should be tier 2 if you consider throphy descriptions to be accurate.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

We're still on that? Just bump the thread, this is supposed to be a nice and relaxing thread. There is a CRT for that. Bump and leave that out of here.

Back