• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Here Comes A New (Ghostly) Challenger! (Smash Bros Ability Addition)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Alright fellas, here's another really quick and simple CRT for you to chew on. My proposal here is simple, let's add Non-Physical Interactivity to the Fighters.

Now, obviously, none of the Smash cast are ghosts, so it's not that easy. However, allow me the pleasure of telling you all of a fun game mode within Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS known as Smash Run. The object of the game is to run around and platform through a gigantic map, facing off against various enemies from a wide selection on properties. And, as you may have guessed with this tangent, some of these characters are either straight on ghosts, characters that have ghost-like qualities, or are not ghosts but rather beings purely made of an intangible substance like plasma.

But Starter, you may be asking, this only accounts for characters up to Smash 4. How would this apply to the Ultimate Fighters, like King K. Rool or Joker? Fret not, for I have the answer to that. In Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Nintendo introduced a new mechanic to their Assist Trophies, which allows you to hit them and even take them out if you can manage it. And who else would be among this list of Assist Trophies but the four iconic Ghosts from Pac-Man? I'm pretty sure the rest speaks for itself.

In summary, the Fighters should get NPI for being able to beat several non-physical enemies in Smash Run, as well as the Pac-Man Ghosts. That is all, good night!

Now, obviously, none of the Smash cast are ghosts, so it's not that easy. However, allow me the pleasure of telling you all of a fun game mode within Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS known as Smash Run. The object of the game is to run around and platform through a gigantic map, facing off against various enemies from a wide selection on properties. And, as you may have guessed with this tangent, some of these characters are either straight on ghosts, characters that have ghost-like qualities, or are not ghosts but rather beings purely made of an intangible substance like plasma.

But Starter, you may be asking, this only accounts for characters up to Smash 4. How would this apply to the Ultimate Fighters, like King K. Rool or Joker? Fret not, for I have the answer to that. In Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Nintendo introduced a new mechanic to their Assist Trophies, which allows you to hit them and even take them out if you can manage it. And who else would be among this list of Assist Trophies but the four iconic Ghosts from Pac-Man? I'm pretty sure the rest speaks for itself.

In summary, the Fighters should get NPI for being able to beat several non-physical enemies in Smash Run, as well as the Pac-Man Ghosts. That is all, good night!
To play devil's advocate, have any of these ghosts showed actually being intangible in game?
Also the plasma thing isn't NPI either way, plasma is just hot gas lol

I mean if we assume that characters in Smash retain at least one sided canon, I would think they would carry over their intangibility regardless.

Yes, actually. Especially with Smash Run, you have the Zuree, which can turn invisible and intangible except for brief periods of time when they can be attacked, and Gastly, which can't be hit directly and must be taken out with projectiles or yeeting other enemies into them.
I mean if we assume that characters in Smash retain at least one sided canon, I would think they would carry over their intangibility regardless.
Also, what Ovens said.

Yes, actually. Especially with Smash Run, you have the Zuree, which can turn invisible and intangible except for brief periods of time when they can be attacked, and Gastly, which can't be hit directly and must be taken out with projectiles or yeeting other enemies into them.
Wouldn't that only be limited NPI then? Zuree proves that they can't just hit intangibles, while only a few select things harm Gastly. Though, there's also enemies such as Plasma Wisp, which I guess would grant elemental NPI.

Back