• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Bros Discussion Thread

We still got over 800 Pokemon, Countless FE and Mario characters, The entire Star Allies roster, etc. This game's roster is far from complete. ovo

Immagine smash bros, but every character and every location from any fiction work is in.

There's no way it could be balanced, but it would be beyond amazing.

A╠Ât╠ ╠Âl╠Âe╠Âa╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠ÂP╠Âo╠Âk╠Âé╠Âm╠Âo╠Ân╠ ╠Âf╠Âi╠Âg╠Âh╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Âr╠Âe╠Ân╠Â'╠Ât╠ ╠Âj╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âg╠Âo╠Âo╠Âd╠Â-╠Âl╠Âo╠Âo╠Âk╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âg╠Âu╠Ây╠Âs╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Ât╠Âh╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âs╠Âw╠Âo╠Âr╠Âd╠Â

Well he's been leaked in a few places, is absent as an Assist for now, Sakurai seems to vaguely hint at it, and he was replaced by the Moon.

While I am hype for the potential Gardewaifu, and I do like all the reveals so far, the literal only character I wanted since Smash 4 was Dee (though I'd be satisfied with Marx or Magolor), not counting returning characters.

Christ, I sound like a Waluigi fan right now.

Also, tfw I use/have used/want to use every single Pokémon character. Jigglypuff's my Melee main, Pikachu has been a backup since Brawl, Mewtwo's my current main, Lucario is my tertiary main, and I want to pick up Leaf and Gardevoir for Ultimate. Actually, that leaves out Greninja and Pichu.

Overlord775 said:
Immagine smash bros, but every character and every location from any fiction work is in.
There's no way it could be balanced, but it would be beyond amazing.
And this is why the wiki is here.

It´s not like someone will actually turn it into MUGEN or something like that...

The shit I get myself into on Youtube comment sections.

"You mean roster padding? That's not an excuse. Sakurai has the manpower, technology, and experience to create characters that aren't simple copypastes of another fighter, and with as big as the Sm4sh and this game's roster are, there's no need to pad the roster with lazy garbage. I couldn't care less about "your opinion" when you're defending a lazy, archaic practices that has no excuse for still existing, especially when no other fighter does this. At the end of the day, Sakurai is still on the short bus while Capcom, Arc System Works, Namco, and other companies that make fighting games are of making (or at least trying to make) quality experiences and characters that actually take effort to create"

I love Smash fans.

>No other Fighter does this

• Ryu and Ken, most of Mortal Kombat's cast*
  • The fact that none of them have anywhere near the 70 fighters we're likely gonna get*

Yeah. It's not like Arc System and Capcom doesn't have duplicate characters. Clearly, DBFZ doesn't have Vanilla Goku, Yellow Goku, Blue Goku, Hot Topic Goku, Dad Goku, and Half Goku. And Street Fighter doesn't have Vanilla Ryu, Evil Ryu, Eviler Ryu, Satan Ryu American Ryu, Evil American Ryu, Schoolgirl Ryu, Joke Ryu, and Grandmaster Ryu.

Typing this out was fun.

"So let me get this straight.

Due to;

Roy, Lucina, Chrom, Daisy, Dark Samus, Pichu, Richter, Young Link, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, i.e 10 echo characters (4 brought over due to the everyone' is here stuff. Despite this some are different enough to be their own characters)

The effort put into;

Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Ganon, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Cloud, Bayonetta, Wario, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle), Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, King K. Rool, Inkling, DK, Diddy Kong, Samus, Simon, Marth, Corrin, Ike, Robin, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Mii's (Fighter, Gunner and Brawler), Pit, Palutena, Meta Knight, Dedede, Ridley, ZS Samus, Ness, Lucas, Sonic, Pac-Man, Megaman, Snake, R.O.B, G&w, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Lil Mac, Shulk, Captain Falcon, Bowser Jr., Kirby, Ryu, Olimar and Villager, i.e 61 characters in total no longer matters?

Let's compare some things.

Capcom: SFV where you had to pay for most the roster.

34 "unique" characters. This includes Regular Ryu, Blonde Ryu (Ken), Dark Ryu (Akuma) and Girl Ryu (Sakura). 18 of these characters were DLC. Meaning the base game was only 16 characters

Arc Sys: Love these guys, I truly do, but

Blazblue Cross Tag full Roster (not to mention that a good deal required payment after the fact): 40 unique characters.

Dragon Ball FighterZ: Including DLC, 30 Unique Characters. 6 of these were DLC. This means the base game theoretically was to be 22 characters.

Now for Namco's Tekken: Including DLC we have a whopping 43 Unique characters. However, 23 of those characters were not available at base release. Meaning the starting roster was in fact only 20.

Now let's go back to Smash Ultimate. We have at least 61 Unique Characters + like 10 clones. 71 characters, at BASE game. I truly hope I don't have to go through the number of songs and stages each series I listed above. To list Smash Ultimate, we have 103 stages, multiple different game modes + a Mode that hasn't been detailed to us, Over 800 tracks, etc. All of this is in the base game. I'm sorry to say, objectively Sakurai has put a shitload of work in this game. And compared to the companies you listed above, a lot of their expanisive rosters came at the price of DLC. And yet they still do not have the amount of unique characters that base Smash Ultimate has. Even if you wanted to cut off Lucas, Toon Link, Falco AND even Ganon as semi clones, that is still 57 Unique characters + everything I mentioned above. I think Sakurai can more than comfortably decide to expand the roster with some Echoes and Semi Echoes in order to get some popular and requested characters like Chrom and Dark Samus in. Should I mention that the entire Roster hasn't been revealed yet? So the base game number is still increasing.

You can call me a defender, but I have plenty of reasoning and evidence to support my claim and my position on this matter."

"You can disregard Young Link due to Link's changes and Toon Link's existing differences making them stand out from each other. More could've been done with him (just look at the mods), but he's no longer a clone.

Considering most of those were just transferred over to Ultimate from Sm4sh, yes. Little effort was put into them because they were ported or at least recreated almost exactly as they were. And regardless, I expect roughly the same amount of effort to be put into all characters, and will get on a game for even ONE lazy character (CPEX).

Arcade Edition, where the game was $40 and had everything besides the new Season 3 DLC that was coming (which could be unlocked through traditional means instead of spending real money on them). And regardless, all of those character be it from SFVanilla or AE were unique, even the shotoclones, which've been unique since 3rd Strike at the very least.

BBTAG characters were asset dumps. They were unique, but they were 100% taken from other games. Nothing new was created aside from voiced lines. That game as a whole was lazy. And I don't know why you're bringing up the actual worst roster in fighting game history (toed with MvCi) in this discussion.

FighterZ is a new IP and a traditional fighter. 20 or so characters on the base roster is standard, and the DLC is unique. Which Tekken are you talking about? The only DLC for 7 was Geese, Noctis, that one chick whose name I can't remember before those two, and whoever got confirmed recently. Either way, no clones.

71 FAR less complicated characters that don't have specific combo structures to work out and have VERY few inputs compared to a traditional fighter that has 30-40 different moves per character. Having almost twice as many fighters isn't an excuse when the far more complicated Tekken can almost hit 40 while having to deal with characters with a STUPID amount of moves. Not to mention that Sakurai has the added manpower of Namco, technology has far improved since Smash 64, and there are methods of mitigating the time it takes to make unique fighters (Falcon's moveset was cloned onto Mac before he was changed up, and Bayo was created using ZSS parameters). That and the fact that he's done this so much should've given him experience on making new fighters, meaning fighter creation shouldn't be taking so long that they have to resort to clones, especially when no other fighter has made clone fighters (save for Lambda in CPEX, who at least had a unique Unlimited form from Nu and was swiftly changed up in CF despite still being a very lazy character) since around Marvel 2 at worst.

Yeah. It comes from your fanboyism towards Sakurai, who can't be bothered to put effort into the game where it matters (the characters) and continues to perpetuate archaic and otherwise dead traditions that have no place in today's fighting games. 800+ tracks isn't going to improve the gameplay or add to the competitive nature of the Ultimate, so that's neglible.´╗┐"

It never ends with people. We are just "Sakurai Fanboys".

Back