• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Cosmology CRT: Dreams and Grand Worlds

Hey all, this will be discussing the possibility of a small cosmology upgrade for Super Mario's main universe.

Many people point at the planets, stars, and galaxies in the Mario Galaxy and say, "well, they're puny!'

But this thread is gonna try to prove why the universe may be bigger than it seems.

The main point here is that I believe there's enough evidence that shows the 'Worlds" in Super Mario Galaxy 2 are indeed their own universes. And I also believe with context, the Japanese localizations support "Galaxy" being a sort of umbrella term synonymous with bigger cosmological objects, including the Universe itself.

I'll now try and go over my evidence.and why I believe some counters don't hold up.

1.) Galaxies in the Marioverse are small

A minor point but one I still want to address.

This is easily disproven by Worlds 4 and 5 existing, but let's add even more onto the plate, hm?

As seen here, "Galaxy" is said in Japanese but it is practically synonymous with "World" at least in the Galaxy series.

As we all know, World 5 is a galaxy cluster as evident and made abundantly clear by the background.

Also in those quotes is Lubba stating that they've entered another world/galaxy upon entering, showing that "galaxy" can even mean a supercluster. I've already provided the evidence why "World" and "Galaxy" are linked as well.

This means that the Lumas and high-ends for the Power Stars should be upgraded to include "possibly 3-B" because the term "galaxy" in Mario can be used to describe a portion of space containing thousands upon thousands of galaxies. Suppose you subscribe to the belief that Galaxy 1 only takes place in one galaxy that you head to the center of in the ending, this would fit in line with how it's possible to have visited many galaxies within a single "Galaxy".

For more proof "Galaxy" can refer to the whole thing, look no further than the Japanese name for World 5.

As shown here, World 5, a cluster of galaxies, has the heading: "World 5: Galaxy of Trials". Notice how it's singular despite the many galaxies? This seems pretty blatant.

This is an excerpt from the Japanese site for Galaxy 2. It basically says that there are multiple galaxies characteristic of one world, so, again, more proof for "World" = Many galaxies and "world" = "galaxy"

Even more proof there exist these "galaxies" capable of holding clusters is the World Map from Galaxy 1.

It's titled "Grand Galaxy Map" which shows there's a bigger "galaxy" that contains the smaller galaxies. Worth noting the English version calls this a map of the Universe, and guess what? The Green Luma that says the Trial Galaxies are at the edges of the Universe? Also exists in Japanese specifically saying "end of the universe," showing that this "Grand Galaxy Map" is actually of the universe since you can see the Trial Galaxies mapped out at the bottom left. Keep this in mind for later.

Worth noting that one of these "smaller" galaxies is Supermassive Galaxy (simply called Big Big Galaxy in Japan) where everything is HUGE, likely meaning that specific galaxy is bigger than the average

However, we can go further...

I'd like to refer to the Japanese name for World 2.

As we can clearly see, it says that World 2 is a new universe. Now, I'm aware this isn't a new finding, so let me clear up the counter claim people have made:

2.) You can also translate it as "A New Space"

I don't really see the point in this argument? Lubba states that you literally cross space-time when using a Grand Star to go to a new world/"galaxy". Wouldn't the fact that the world's title "A New Space," and Lubba's assertion that this is a new world imply this new space is a different space-time anyways? Why would you be saying "new" to a space that already existed within your own space-time? It doesn't make sense. You also get to "A New Space" via crossing space-time. Given context I feel it being another universe works personally. Besides, their less powerful ccounterparts have made dimensional portals before so it's not really unlikely to presume Grand Stars also have that capability. Crossing from an old world into a new, unknown world via space-time and the space-time door being labeled as a dimensional door on the official Japanese website? This sounds a lot like universe crossing even without the context that "World" can mean universe.

We should also consider the characterization here. Lubba is an elder Luma who has met Rosalina, knows who Young Master Luma is, and had previously traveled space in his own spaceship until Bowser intervened. Why would he describe these worlds as unknown and new if he's already traveled the universe?

We also have to consider the consistency here. In Galaxy 1, the Comet Observatory showed us you don't need portals to traverse the universe utilising all the Power Stars. It should already grant a spaceship the necessary means to travel the universe by pure flight alone.

Should also note that the "Grand Galaxy Map" that can depict galaxies at the end of the universe likely meaning this "grand/large galaxy" is referring to and mapping out a universe, which is more or less confirmed by Rosalina herself, isn't the first time "grand/large galaxy" was said. In Galaxy 2, as we've seen from the posts in the reddit thread, Lubba specifically says "large galaxy" when meaning these Worlds you travel to. We've established that a Grand/Large Galaxy may very well mean the universe contextually, so wouldn't these be considered universes as well?

3.) "New Space" refers to the fact a new universe was created at the end of Galaxy 1

Admittedly, I can see why people would think this and it would make sense if not for the fact Lubba's lines about a "new world/galaxy" appear more than once. There's also the fact that World 1's title is simply "The Journey Into Space". If they wanted to make it known the universe/space was new they could've done it there. Chronologically "A New Space/Universe" coming after that kind of implies a separate thing. A transition from the known to the unknown; old to new. And, again, contextually speaking this argument doesn't hold up well as It's likely a description of the World itself or what you're doing in that World based on the titles for the other Worlds.

There's also context we should take into account. The World titles are shown on the File Select Screen, and seem to be like more of a chapter title/description of the places you're currently in or what you're doing. World 1 is "The Journey Into Space," World 3's is "The Adventure Around the Star," World 4's is "A World (Sekai) of Wonder," World 5's is "The Galaxy of Trials," and World 6's is "Go For Bowser"

Notice how they are all describing the places Mario is in or explaining an action involved with the World? It wouldn't make sense for this World 2 description to be figurative and a reference to the last game like, at all. It makes more sense contextually speaking to treat it as a description like most of the other World titles. And I've already explained why traveling to "A New Space/Universe" after crossing space and time into what's notably referred to as a new and unknown world doesn't make any sense to be interpreted as anything but "new world" backing up the "new universe" descriptor, thereby equating "world" to "universe".

4.) How does the English version of Super Mario Galaxy get "Center of the Universe" from "Center of the Galaxy"?

As shown from the possibility of the Worlds in Galaxy 2 being universes, as well as the synonymous link between "world" and "galaxy" in Galaxy 2, one can surmise that since "World" might = "Universe" and "World" = "Galaxy," that this then means "Galaxy" = "Universe"

Even beyond the games, developer interviews and site descriptions talk of exploring the universe or the stage being the universe (search in page for "universe" to find the exact quotes), but in the Japanese version of Galaxy 1, you're supposedly only confined to reaching "The Center of the Galaxy" as your final destination that requires maximum power. Therefore, "Galaxy" equating to universe would make this make a lot more sense and explain away all the inconsistencies with the guides and both localizations, too

There's also context in the game that supports this.

Bowser wanted to establish a galactic empire from a star that would become the core of his new universe. Toads and Luigi state that Bowser is collecting the Power Stars so that he can become "King of the Universe" or state something like "...or the universe will belong to Koopa" when referring to Luigi needing to try hard to find Power Stars or else. As we can clearly see, these characters refer to the wider universe as in trouble, and the "Grand Galaxy Map" supports this due to it likely being a map of the Universe as I explained before. We see Bowser's troops in places like the Trial Galaxy, proof that his range DID stretch out that far and aims for complete universal conquest.

Now, we've established even despite "center of the galaxy" being stated, Bowser's plan and reach was already universal. We also have a flat out "save the Universe" statement.

And finally, a Green Luma after the Green Launch Star is revived says this

Given the context above, from Bowser's universal dominion to actual statements that Bowser would own the universe and that you need to save it, it seems clear to me that "galaxy" here is actually referring to the universe. And again, developers and website descriptions all talk of the universe being the setting and what you're saving, not the galaxy. And also again, the "Grand Galaxy" can very well refer to the universe due to evidence I've posted above.

5.) Well then, if the Worlds/Galaxies can be universes, then what are the characters, creators, guides, and official site descriptions talking about when they say "the universe"?

This one has a pretty simple explanation. The main Mario Universe is simply a macrocosm. I mean, think about it. Look at things like the Dream Depot for instance. When was it ever stated it was detached from Mario's universe? It uses a vague "world" (which are common for Mario c'mon now) and says it's a land of dreams, but that doesn't really mean much. If anything, the official story only says this in reference to where it lay:

"In the night sky, past the moon and beyond the stars, there's a dream world known as Dream Depot, where everyone's dreams come together. This is the real land of dreams... In this land, there are Star Guards who protect the dreams of all."

Now, tell me where again it's specifically stated this is another universe or
realm? If anything, evidence supports the Dream Depot being in outer space as well as the fact it literally says it exists IN the night sky, as in, the universe/space.

Why is this part important? Because the Dream Depot is where all dreams go, and as shown by the ending, all dreams are of equal size, and given we KNOW dreams can be universes, that means all those universe-sized dreams exist within a part of outer space, showing that Mario's universe being a macrocosm holding multiple universe-sized worlds isn't something unique to just Galaxy.

Even within Galaxy, the fact we can still see stars and space while the universe gets reset could also prove my point that Mario's reality can contain multiple.

So basically:

- Luma's and Power Star's 3-C ratings should have an added "possibly 3-B" due to the fact the terminology of "Galaxy" seems to be very loose and often is used to classify clusters of galaxies.

- The Cosmology of the main universe gets updated to include that of multiple universe-sized worlds due to World 2's descriptor in Japanese being "A New Universe" and supported by context with how the game treats the other World's titles, the characterization of Lubba and him confirming these worlds as new and unknown even to him, and how you need to cross "dimensional doors" opening pathways in space and time in order to reach these new worlds when before the full power of the Power Stars was more than good enough to cross a single universe without need for space-time crossing. Also, potentially including the fact the Dream Depot is just in space somewhere and a physical place Bowser and Mini Bowser simply just waltzed into somehow according to the official story which has an uncountable amount of universe-sized dreams. I've been made aware this would be High-End Low 2-C for the main universe, so let's make it so now that we've got a tier we can apply

- Dream Stone being literally made of dreans is not in the Japanese version, and Dream Team being linked to Mario Party 5 is mostly baseless and unfounded. The Dream World is a singular term used in Dream Team because the Dream World is a sort of parallel world to the Real World. The Dream Stone's spirit lay resting in it's appropriate Dream World spot it would have been in the Real World and that's a direct plot point. Even if there does exist multiple dream dimensions no one scales to it as no actual merging through physical or magical force took place. Therefore, until further evidence can be provided that the Dream World is a 2-B structure without relying on the Dream Depot and with proof characters or artifacts could scale to it, we should downgrade any Dream Stone-related feats and reasonings and figure out what tier it actually is. For now, perhaps an "Unknown (used the power of dreams in order to grant wishes, which is unquantifiable, as Bowser's dream was considered superior to your normal dream by Antasma but we were never shown how powerful that dream energy was) and Varies due to the power of other's dreams amping it in unequal amounts"

- Dreamy Luigi's listed on Antasma's profile as having manipulated constellations as a justification for his tier.
This constellation clearly doesn't depict actual stars and thus should be removed as a feat and justification altogether.

And no, it being a world created by everyone's dreams or just "world" isn't enough proof it's a separate realm distanced from the universe. All context implies it lay within the universe and there would need to be proof displayed otherwise. Physical lands of dreams have existed before in other media, and there's no proof saying this one is ethereal or a separate dimension like, at all. Especially given the fact Bowser simply flew away in the end.

People can bring up Dream Team but there's only headcanon stating a connection with the Dream Depot to that game, as that game specifcally deals with the Dream Worlds and the Dream Stone which was simply created from good dreams and has no relation to the Dream Depot at all. If there's proof the Dream Stone and Dark Stone held power over all dreams/nightmares like was claimed before, then I'd like to see the japanese quote that supports this. Otherwise they have nothing supporting low multiversal even as the peak of their capabilities.

Would this effect the Tier 2 feats at all? Well, if a universe was stated to be parallel then naturally it should hold an equal amount of stuff in it, so Black Jewel possibly would be upgraded (if we ever get around to lumping Wario in with the Mario universe again); the uni reset in Galaxy is a maybe: Sammers Kingdom is simply "another dimension" so it stays where it's at. Power Stars, however, do have the context of Bowser wanting to extend his painting worlds to encompass all of reality, which would likely include these many universe-sized "worlds," so possibly an upgrade there and then for Grand Stars as well due to upscaling.

And to clarify, NO I'm not saying all galaxies are universes. I'm saying "Grand/Large Galaxy" specifcally mentioned by Lubba and the World Map from Galaxy 1 in Japanese has context and evidence pointing to that pertaining to the universe. Regular galaxies can arguably be 2-B due to labels of "Galaxy" being used for superclusters, though the ones Lumas turn into are indeed singular, but I only listed it as a possibility, not a definitive tier change.

Most of my support and evidence comes from the Japanese localizations because we like to use those as the main source. English is only used as supplementary evidence and/or the english and japanese translations say the same thing.

I have a feeling this is gonna be very controversial, but the evidence is all there. Frankly, there's too much to simply ignore this. It has to be acknowledged.

If there's anything you feel needs a scan that I haven't already provided within the links I've given, feel free to point it out to me. I can pull up japanese quotes pretty easily now, and that language has the most authority as it's the original source, and I've made it a point to source mostly japanese scans supporting all my claims. None of this is unfounded, I can assure you.

Also feel free to add any extra evidence if you have any, but try to keep it focused on the stuff in the OP if you can.

And because I know this is kind of a big thing and Mario tends to attract the worst derailments and toxicity, please try to remain on topic and be civil. Actually discuss.

Last edited:
Following.
images

"Beyond the moon and past the stars" is not proof that it's within the same universe. In fact, those are likely both understatements and it just means "Unspecified but far away". However, the statement itself may not mean outside the universe; but being outside the universe does not contradict that statement. Anyway, I'm really not comfortable upgrading all those Low 2-C characters to 2-B because of that.

I would also add that even if this was how Mario's cosmology worked, this wouldn't be 2-B, this would only be a very high end Low 2-C.

Also, without the Prima Guides (Which are iffy for reasons I've mentioned countless times), Mario dosn't scale to the destruction of his own universe, only other universes via things like the Power Stars, Sammer Kingdom and the Black Jewel.

Not gonna tackle universal stuff just yet, but for the Lumas, we actually see the galaxy creating stuff via Hungry Lumas. We can see in those instances that there's just one galaxy rather than it being a cluster of galaxies. The possibly 3-B rating seems a bit weird too when you've suggested that Galaxy can mean anything from an actual, singular galaxy to an entire universe. I think with what we're shown, it's safer to assume 3-C even using the stuff you showed.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying all mentions of "galaxy" or "world" automatically mean universe, just that in certain contextual situations it lines up. I'm not saying that every galaxy is it's own universe just because mentions of galaxies being "worlds" have happened, only these Large/Grand Galaxies mentioned by Lubba and the Galaxy 1's World Map and setting.

And with all the evidence going for it I mainly hope the Worlds in Galaxy 2 get accepted as their own universes when all the evidence is there. I don't see how anyone can argue with official names and localizations as that's the main authority on feats and statements since that's the original source. Literally called "A New Universe" and you cross space-time to reach a world that's new and unknown stated by Lubba himself and the game too I believe, drawing a direct parallel between your previous world and this one. Them actually being galaxies doesn't make sense as Lubba has experience exploring space from knowing the Lumas and Rosalina as well as was inferred from the fact he had a spaceship with the full power of the Power Stars prior to Bowser stealing them, and his mentions of "new" and unknown" further corroborate the World's Title

Last edited:
Also, "I'm not comfortable" isn't a valid reason to deny it. Can you argue against it? The orginal Japanese scans? We treat that as the authority.

And yeah, that's a fair point on the Luma thing.

As for Dream Depot, the main point of reference of that quote is the fact it says "In the night sky..." something that cannot exist within the universe would not be able to have "in the night sky" associated with it because it wouldn't be able to ve observed if it wasn't in the universe.

There's also the sc of the Options Mode which show celestial bodies in the Dream Depot as the entire menu screen is localized in the Dream Depot

Last edited:
Here's the source for the menu screen being in the Dream Depot in case anyone needed it.

So given this "land of dreams" is in or near an area where space full of galaxies and comets and stars exist, it's clearly existing in the physical world and further supports the fact it's just in space somewhere.

Last edited:
Once again, even if the Mario cosmology worked like this, this would not be 2-B, just very high end Low 2-C.
Isn't that still an upgrade though? I never said a specific tier for this thread, only to discuss. Everyone else came with the assumptions and assertions.

Super Dimentio still stays 2-B regardless I'm pretty sure.

And as for Dreamy Bowser I'm not sure. I don't recall seeing a direct quote that the Dream Stone contains ALL dreams or whatever. It was made from good dreams but do we know if that equates to AP or power at all? How many dreams? It clearly doesn't embody dreams nor is it responsible for them as they continue even after the Dream Stone perished unless there's a quite to support that I'm not seeing. The Dream Stone gets powered up by dreamers but does a universe-sized dream equate to universal power?

Speaking of said amp, they needed to put rhe residents of the island to sleep for it to be poweful enough to wish a castle for them, but if it passively recieves amps from dreans then wouldn't it literally be constantly amped with innumerable dreams? Unless it just lacks the AoE range to absorb all of them from all over.

The Dream World in M&L IS likely a universe with other dimensions being mentioned likely meaning other universes, but I'm not quite sure if anyone has the AP to destroy it all?

Yeah, this is a bit of an oof...

Basically the Japanese doesn't say they were made from dreams or nightmares but are just a collection of the power from dreams and nightmares which is definitely unquantifiable and what we did see of it was simply creating a castle from the power of the dreams it absorbed with a significant source no less.

Dream Stone stuff miiiiight have to be downgraded

Super Dimentio still stays 2-B regardless I'm pretty sure.
I don't think there's a 2-B amount of universes without Dream Depot.

Also, Dream Depot is pretty clearly separate from the dreams we see in Dream Team if this is true, since those are very clearly a separate dimension.

The Dream Depot not being a separate universal space-time would kinda be a downgrade, it’d be treated like the Dragon Ball’s Afterlife (i.e. a universe sized structure contained within the same space-time). Granted this would make Mario extremely high into 3-A if he weren’t Tier 2

I think the possibly 3-B end sounds promising?

Maverick is technically right, but I think "Past the Stars" is a possible Metaphor for existing outside the Universe because stars is plural. It's a super vague description and would imply interstellar distance at minimum, but given other context I think outside the Universe is more likely. And there are still other aspects of Dream Dimensions literally being their own bodies of spaces as seen in both Mario Party 5 and Dream Team. And the plot of Dream Team is the dimensions being merged, which would ultimately up being a 2-B merging feat.

But anyway, I still strongly disagree with the OP and personally think nothing needs to be changed regarding the statements.

You have provided no evidence though. You're still focused on belief.

Why would Dream Team be a 2-B feat? How would they accomplish it? All the profiles scale them to the Stones which is definitely not a good reason given the japanese scans don't support the Stones being lirerally made of dreams. Also, the Dream World in Dream Team has always been singular. What shows it has a 2-B structure within the game? I'm curious.

Also, why accept Dream Depot as a seperate dimension? You say there's context contained in the game that shows being outside the universe makes sense, so can I have a source? An explanation on what you mean?

And what about Galaxy 2's Worlds? No one has provided any good arguments against it. Why do we consider the Dream Depot separate with literally no proof at all it's definitely a seperate dimension for way less but these worlds aren't universes? There's been no evidence or sources to help the other side meanwhile I've gone and provided multiple.

If this were any other verse we'd ask for proof how it's a seperate dimension because it's not said at all that it's seperate, and the only statement we have is super vague and doesn't explicitly say so. This would not pass in other verses.

Likewise there's absolutely nothing showing the Dream Stone and Dream Depot are in any way linked. Jaoanese simply says it is a collection of the power of dreams which further separates them, even.

Actually, it was brought up on a previous thread that Luigi's Dream and Bowser's Dream were different dimensions in the guidebook and that the plot merged them. Much like typical merging feats. Also, the MP5 lore is still canon to the Dream Team lore. @Dino_Ranger_Black I believe was the one who brought them up on a thread a long time ago. And the existence of Future Dream still points to dream dimensions being alternate Universes as being a "Dream of something" refers to what it contains and not where it's located. Sweet Dream isn't located inside a real world collection of sweets, it's an alternate dimension with a bunch of baked good being its theme. Future Dream literally contains the Universe based on its descriptions by the same context.

Also, each of the Dream Dimensions still exist next to each other in parallel dimensions as shown in the credits. Also, there was text about Dream Stone being able to have power over all dreams. And there are a multitude of in game statements about Zeekeeper traveling through Dimensions. Emphasis that dimensions is plural and thus different bodies of space.

The speed would be upgraded should the Worlds in Galaxy 2 be accepted as universe-sized, which has a lot going for it still and has apparently been glossed over.

That sounds like it’ll result in inflated speed calculations, I’ll respond to those points in a bit

Here's the thing:

The Dream Depot is simply the place where dreama go. The Dream Worlds are a separate thing entirely. Nothing says the Dream Depot itself is in another dimension. The dreams are bubbles showing the dream dimensions sure, whatever, but what says the Dream Depot is a separate dimension? The names and descriptions don't say anything about Dream Depot, but the dream bubbles themselves which do contain other dimensions. It's a place where the dreams of the world go and the rest of the story blurb has the Star Spirits saying, "We receive so many dreams from the world" which clearly shows all of it is part of the same world and the Star Spirits themselves consider the Dream Depot part of the world that was talked about. Why not specify "that world" if it was truly separate? Within the context of MP5 we only have "world" being referred to as where Mario & Friends reside and the statements imply it's part of that world.

We're gonna need a source on the Dream Stone having power over all dreams also.

And still nothing says Dream Depot and the Dream Stone are linked at all. Fairly sure the Dream Team and MP5 being linked thing came from when we had a statement the Dream Stone was made of dreams, but we don't have that going off the Japanese scans.

As for merging, is that not a result of Luigi entering Bowser's Dream? Is that the only case of this supposed merging?

Even so, doesn't 2-B still need tons of universes to qualify? At best Dream Team's stuff would suppirt 2-C.

I pinged Dino and messaged him in PM, so I hope he's able to. But I also hope he's not too stressed. But at the moment, I need to be lighter on debating stuff since I got my 2nd C-19 vaccine yesterday, and a few minor symptoms that were mentioned may potentially go in the next to days started taking effect. I'll be alright, but it's not particularly healthy to be digging past threads for scans or being reminded of previous threads and how they went.

To clarify I’m only against the notion that each ‘World’ in SMG is a universe space-time continuum, I’m not well-versed in that Dream stuff. I’m impartial to the Dream Team and MP5 proposals.

I think the main issue here is different words can have different meanings in different contexts, so “World” or “Galaxy” doesn’t necessarily have to equate to universe.

Lubba states that you literally cross space-time when using a Grand Star to go to a new world/"galaxy". Wouldn't the fact that the world's title "A New Space," and Lubba's assertion that this is a new world imply this new space is a different space-time anyways?​
In context, Mario going “through space and time” to to reach the next World just refers to Portal Creation. Portals are rifts in space-time that take you from one point in space-time to another, so when you travel through one you are traveling through space and time.

Traveling “through” space and time means that Mario is traveling across his universe's space-time continuum, not that he’s traveling to other alternate realities. The term “World” in this franchise can refer to many things, but in this context it seems to just refer to the different areas in space that comprise the Levels Mario has to explore, like it has many other times throughout the franchise.
Why would you be saying "new" to a space that already existed within your own space-time? It doesn't make sense. You also get to "A New Space" via crossing space-time. Given context I feel it being another universe works personally.​
Different spaces can occupy the same space-time continuum. “A New Space” can simply be referring to a new area.

Besides, their less powerful ccounterparts have made dimensional portals before so it's not really unlikely to presume Grand Stars also have that capability.​
The context of SM64 is irrelevant to this context. Grand Stars can very well create portals across lesser distances.
We should also consider the characterization here. Lubba is an elder Luma who has met Rosalina, knows who Young Master Luma is, and had previously traveled space in his own spaceship until Bowser intervened. Why would he describe these worlds as unknown and new if he's already traveled the universe?
Unless there’s proof Lubba has explored every single area in the universe this point doesn’t hold much weight. All this tells me is that he’s explored unspecified areas of space.
We also have to consider the consistency here. In Galaxy 1, the Comet Observatory showed us you don't need portals to traverse the universe utilising all the Power Stars. It should already grant a spaceship the necessary means to travel the universe by pure flight alone.
Starship Mario uses portals to travel between the Worlds would contradict this, no?

Should also note that the "Grand Galaxy Map" that can depict galaxies at the end of the universe likely meaning this "grand/large galaxy" is referring to and mapping out a universe, which is more or less confirmed by Rosalina herself, isn't the first time "grand/large galaxy" was said. In Galaxy 2, as we've seen from the posts in the reddit thread, Lubba specifically says "large galaxy" when meaning these Worlds you travel to. We've established that a Grand/Large Galaxy may very well mean the universe contextually, so wouldn't these be considered universes as well?
image0.webp

Can give a translation for the scan you cited?

Admittedly, I can see why people would think this and it would make sense if not for the fact Lubba's lines about a "new world/galaxy" appear more than once. There's also the fact that World 1's title is simply "The Journey Into Space". If they wanted to make it known the universe/space was new they could've done it there. Chronologically "A New Space/Universe" coming after that kind of implies a separate thing. A transition from the known to the unknown; old to new. And, again, contextually speaking this argument doesn't hold up well as It's likely a description of the World itself or what you're doing in that World based on the titles for the other Worlds.
No really, no. “Journey Into Space” doesn’t mean the entire universe, just an area of outer space, and “A New Space” would simply refer to a separate area of outer space.

But it can also be translated as "A New Universe" and is what the wiki says, separating it from "Journey into Space" and you didn't bother mentioning the Japanese name for the space-time doors which refer to dimensions.

The translation is basically "with these domes we can observe the universe" like it says in the English version too which support "Grand Galaxy" as in what's said on the map meaning universe, and Lubba mentions this same grand/large galaxy for every new world.

In context "Large/Grand Galaxy" is what is to be considered a universe. Like I said earlier I'm not saying all galaxy mentions mean universes. That would be dumb

And so what if they're portals? Portals can also lead to new universes or dimensions as well. That's not exactly a counter. They refer to space as in the universe with the title "A New Space" which is why it can be translated as Universe or simply just Space. But the wiki says Universe and then says Space for the first world.

Also, Lumas occupy areas all over the universe in the first game. They traveled with Rosalina who watches over and protects the entire thing. For him to not know of a section of the universe when Rosalina and her Lumas could generate a Map of it with the power of the Stars which he also had and has access to seems illogical.

Also yeah, the "merging" of dreams in context is Dreambert linking himself to vines that directly connect to Antasma, which would allow Mario & Luigi to cross over into Bowser's dream. I don't think that's an AP feat at all nor scalable.

Supermassive Galaxy is simply describing how everything within the galaxy is larger than we are used to, not the galaxy itself. The Galaxy of Trials is simply the name of the chapter. It does not describe the location itself or claim that it is a galaxy/universe containing numerous ones. Same with A New Universe. The worlds in SMG2 are simply different sections of the universe and those galaxies are just galaxies. Nothing more. And please, lets stop trying to fabricate every single use of the word "world" into universal feat or beyond just to make another attempt to upgrade this aggravating verse or use these multiple interpretation of different languages just to get the tier of we want in general. The excessive amount of Mario threads that exists because of this are getting ludicrous and feels desperate/reaching at this point.

Ask for the Dream World stuff, that's actually good point. I'm quite surprised a valid point was brought up for once. I think due to the fact people end up referring to past games to get more context of what happens in Dream Team, they end up linking them together. Still doesn't excuse the fact it scaled far higher than it should be. This definitely will downgrade the Dream Stone from 2-B. We don't know how many dreams are within the stones but it's certainly not up to the amount of the Dream Depot, so it will be 2-C instead. That being said, the Dream Depot is indeed a world of it's own. It's called a land in some instances but it's also called a world and it's vastly more often in this case via the manual, game, and the official website. We even see the Star Spirits emerge right out of a portal leading to the actual location where it's own space is present, invalidating that it's a land within the same universe.

Last edited:
I actually remember when the Dream Stone used to be 2-C based on containing at least 53 Dream Worlds or something like that a long time ago, but someone upgraded it up to 2-B back in 2017 but forgot the points and who made the original thread, but I do remember there was a discussion that led to them becoming 2-B. I think it had something to do with an "All dream worlds over time" but scans needed to defend that yeah.

Well, I don't know about that but as far as I recall both games, the Dream Depot was never mentioned to have any connection to the Dream Stone or vice verse. So, unless there's another reason for it's tier or there is a connection we missed, the downgrade is inevitably happening. There's no way around it.

Back