• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Universe (Easy Route)

This looks good on paper, but if some of the Massively FTL+ speed feats get upgraded to Infinite; it might be inconsistent for some of the Anime/Movie characters. Though would support Games versions getting upgrades as a result for sure.
This isn't a good argument. The inconsistencies are just the result of writers not knowing the implications of their speed.

The 48 minutes of the ToP would have been irrelevant even if they were accurately potrayed as being quadrillion times FTL.

This looks fine but we've had a lot of translation issues with interpretation of scans so I'll wait to see if any counterarguments regarding the scans, I also don't follow Toei stuff all that much so I don't know if any contradictions exist either. If none come up, you can put me down for agreement with the universe being infinite but I'll remain neutral for now.

This isn't a good argument. The inconsistencies are just the result of writers not knowing the implications of their speed.

The 48 minutes of the ToP would have been irrelevant even if they were accurately potrayed as being quadrillion times FTL.
I think the real issues are Gotenks and Gogeta. Those fusions last 30 minutes; but for infinite speed characters, 30 minutes would be an eternity. But we seen it wore off before they had a chance to finish off Super Buu. Same with SSJ4 Gogeta, 15 minutes let alone a half hour should have been an eternity and plenty of time to finish off Omega Shenron given the power gap.

I think the real issues are Gotenks and Gogeta. Those fusions last 30 minutes; but for infinite speed characters, 30 minutes would be an eternity. But we seen it wore off before they had a chance to finish off Super Buu. Same with SSJ4 Gogeta, 15 minutes let alone a half hour should have been an eternity and plenty of time to finish off Omega Shenron given the power gap.
This would happen even if they're FTL tbh.

Plus their opponents have simply comparable speed to the point of helding them off for that much time, you never see infinite/immeasurable speed characters in fights of literally 0 time in-verse in fiction consistently, given these feats happen like few times, then the fights are clearly with passing time in any other instance.

This doesn't make the feats invalid, just means the characters fight with enough speed that's impossible for MFTL+ and below to keep up in said timeframe.

i don't remember exactly about Gotenks fight, but in SSJ4 Gogeta case, he trash talking with Omega Shenron for most of his time, same with Toei SSJ Vegito, so time limit is still problem to them, unless you arguing that, they also must trash talking at infinite speed. Iirc Gotenks also trash talking. This to be fair, should also extend to ToP, as fighter not always in the state of constant fighting each other, and they need rest since fighting waste their ki reserve

i don't remember exactly about Gotenks fight, but in SSJ4 Gogeta case, he trash talking with Omega Shenron for most of his time, same with Toei SSJ Vegito, so time limit is still problem to them, unless you arguing that, they also must trash talking at infinite speed. Iirc Gotenks also trash talking. This to be fair, should also extend to ToP, as fighter not always in the state of constant fighting each other, and they need rest since fighting waste their ki reserve
Or better: The authors don't know how fast would their characters be, leading to this stuff.

This looks fine but we've had a lot of translation issues with interpretation of scans so I'll wait to see if any counterarguments regarding the scans, I also don't follow Toei stuff all that much so I don't know if any contradictions exist either. If none come up, you can put me down for agreement with the universe being infinite but I'll remain neutral for now.
These scans don’t have translations issue iicr

Other scans before had issues such as them having words that could relate to infinite speed, but in Japanese has no affiliation like “uncountable” and such

These scans don’t have translations issue iicr

Other scans before had issues such as them having words that could relate to infinite speed, but in Japanese has no affiliation like “uncountable” and such
I ment scans as in general. We've had other DB threads that had scan problems and even other verses with translation issues. Thus, I'm waiting to see if any shows up with any potential problems, if they don't then it's all good.

Last edited:
I ment scans as in general. We've had other DB threads that had scan problems and even other verses with translation issues. This, I'm waiting to see if any shows up with any potential problems, if they don't then it's all good.
Don't worry, the translation of infinite galaxies can maintain Universe 7 Toei supports the infinite Universe

I was also curious to research this translation with a Japanese translator.

Last edited:
You talk about Gotenks and Vegito's time limit, but you forget one important detail. 5 minutes before the destruction of planet Namek, stretched over 19 episodes, where half of what was going on was empty dialog. I think, based on that, we can say that the time limit has no meaning at all and it goes beyond the concept of speed, directly depending on the author's decision :'

Gotenks had at least a 29 min nap, maybe even a 29 mins and 59 second nap. The flying around earth thingy was done in moments ...

Them auras trails disappear in a split second - in pretty much every instance - as fast as single frames/panels after my Z bros start moving.

You can even see it in the anime. Its seem to last longer but DBs anime fights are in slow motion.

Last edited:
Guys i found thread from may 31/2024 man did better description and used more scans but it wasn't accepted. Kind of disappointing.

Back