• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Would it be good idea if there was a "Verse Expert" role in the wiki?
This role can help with the verses they are most knowledgable of. They can also help in reviewing crts which no staff member/s have any knowledge of.

We already have a page for roughly that purpose:

Idk, I think having a proper role would be helpful so people don't have to check the wiki every time they want to know who's knowledgeable on a verse.

It's also important to note that anyone can list themselves as a knowledgeable member. I think having a role and accompanying label here should require actual evaluation, whether that be from staff or other verse supporters.

My apologies, but it is not remotely practical to create specific user badges for every single major verse in our wiki. It would spam the already extensive badge list that AKM handles to unmanageable degrees, cost lots of worktime money for our system manager, and also look ridiculous for all of the members who are knowledgeable about many different verses at the same time.

Our current system will unfortunately have to suffice in this regard.

You guys means like this?

4d4cd94b73579d8ad11cf996ccce4078.png

My apologies, but it is not remotely practical to create specific user badges for every single major verse in our wiki. It would spam the already extensive badge list that AKM handles to unmanageable degrees, cost lots of worktime money for our system manager, and also look ridiculous for all of the members who are knowledgeable about many different verses at the same time.

Our current system will unfortunately have to suffice in this regard.
I don't think it would be that extreme. The badges would only need to be made for people who have shown extreme knowledge and dedication to certain verses; This would be something that I think would only apply to a small handful of people whose expertise would need to be properly evaluated by staff or other knowledgeable members (as opposed to the wiki list, where anyone can claim they're an expert and call it a day).

I also think the badges should be made on a case-by-case basis; Only making ones for verses where at least one person is deemed an "expert" (like Dread showed above), instead of making one for every verse ahead of time.

Our current system works fine. We just need more staff members to efficiently make use of it. And I am not willing to apply this change for reasons that I mentioned in previous posts. My apologies.

I don't think it would be that extreme. The badges would only need to be made for people who have shown extreme knowledge and dedication to certain verses; This would be something that I think would only apply to a small handful of people whose expertise would need to be properly evaluated by staff or other knowledgeable members (as opposed to the wiki list, where anyone can claim they're an expert and call it a day).

I also think the badges should be made on a case-by-case basis; Only making ones for verses where at least one person is deemed an "expert" (like Dread showed above), instead of making one for every verse ahead of time.
I don't know how difficult that is to acquire. It looks good on paper, but the thing is that, the amount of effort to do that is not worth it for a concept that I think will accomplish something that has roughly the same significance as the knowledgeable members list.

Could the News and Announcements forum have a subforum within itself for IRL news? I'm noticing that IRL news and news actually pertaining the wiki are mixed up currently, so some organization would be nice for the sake of productivity.

On that matter, this is part the current description of that forum:

Important news and information regarding the wiki
While I suppose we currently appear to allow news not really related to the site out of generosity, at the very least we should do some organization.

I don't think IRL news has any relevance in the wiki. So I personally disagree with it, many announcements got derailed due to toxicity because we have communities from many cultures with antithetical mindsets. Many users (which you may know about the event) left the wiki due to this.

I don't oppose drawing a line and just moving such threads to Fun and Games or similar.
Would count as disrespect to some minorities, also those threads should rather not be created. I personally don't mind, but this wiki is rather an international one, so such threads or sub-categories may cause perniciousness.

I also agree that such threads shouldn't be a thing here to begin with, there's better places for that.
Fun and Games is the closest for such threads as they aren't even on topic to the site to begin with unless we want to stretch it at best.

I also agree that such threads shouldn't be a thing here to begin with, there's better places for that.
Fun and Games is the closest for such threads as they aren't even on topic to the site to begin with unless we want to stretch it at best.
Politics and Irl announcements should not be a thing here. That's it. But thanks for being reasonable.

I agree about that real world political announcements should always be avoided unless they are about extremely pressing matters just to avoid controversy, such as my announcement regarding that we should avoid talking about the war in Ukraine in this forum.

I do not really mind memorial threads for great entertainment icons that have recently passed away though. It helps our members to deal with their senses of loss by paying their respects.

Somewhat related, should we have some sort of guideline of what is and isn't considered a noteworthy announcement? As some may have seen, I made an announcement post of Ash becoming Pokémon World Champion, because it was something of such a magnitude that even news stations like BBC had covered it, as it was something that many celebrated, even if they weren't fans of the Pokémon anime or Pokémon as a series. At the same time though, it was about a fictional character winning a fictional battle and earning a fictional status (though that fictional status was a big part of their dream), so I wasn't sure if it'd be okay.

My point is: We should have a clearer guideline on what is and isn't a suitable announcement post, at least in my opinion.

I suppose that seems reasonable, but I am not sure where exactly that we should draw the lines.

I am open for well-considered and rational suggestions though.

Somewhat related, should we have some sort of guideline of what is and isn't considered a noteworthy announcement? As some may have seen, I made an announcement post of Ash becoming Pokémon World Champion, because it was something of such a magnitude that even news stations like BBC had covered it, as it was something that many celebrated, even if they weren't fans of the Pokémon anime or Pokémon as a series. At the same time though, it was about a fictional character winning a fictional battle and earning a fictional status (though that fictional status was a big part of their dream), so I wasn't sure if it'd be okay.

My point is: We should have a clearer guideline on what is and isn't a suitable announcement post, at least in my opinion.
I want to be honest, once I saw your announcement thread, I also asked myself how was it allowed in the first place. So ya, I agree with changing the guidelines for to better.

I want to be honest, once I saw your announcement thread, I also asked myself how was it allowed in the first place. So ya, I agree with changing the guidelines for to better.
Exactly what I'm saying, I wasn't sure if that would be allowed or not, so I was surprised to see the overwhelming positive reception it got
I suppose that seems reasonable, but I am not sure where exactly that we should draw the lines.

I am open for well-considered and rational suggestions though.
We could probably discuss this among other staff members and see what they think

I'll remind that ads/requests unrelated to the site are actually explicitly banned by Fandom, we got in a bit of trouble once for that, one could even argue that misusing the board like this should be a report-worthy offense, especially from now on with this clarification.

Beyond that, the News and Announcements board should stick to notable site-wide changes, paying respects to a notable celebrity or simply talking about a big recent event should go elsewhere as they derail from actual productivity.

I may as well say some basic guidelines that'd be in the Discussion Rules, as it'd easily get too long to be in the subforum description:

The News and Announcements subforum is meant to feature crucial site-wide announcements ranging from changes in staff memberships to changes in indexing standards or otherwise wide requests that remain on topic to the wiki. Off-topic advertisements will not be tolerated as they violate Fandom's Terms of Use, and other topics of discussion should go elsewhere as they derail from productivity purposes.

I also think that posting threads (not commenting on them, I'm sure XenForo supports that) in there should be restricted to staff members, not only is this baiting misuse especially from sockpuppets, regular users shouldn't have the right to highlight whatever they want without a good reason, and at that point they should ask an staff member for approval.

I know some of this may seem a bit excessive, but imagine if any user could just "pin" in the wiki anything they want, it's detrimental at best.

Last edited:
I agree with @Bobsican suggestion. But I am unsure of restricting it to staff members. As people use it for their farewell or any announcement which needs big attention.

I do not think that our Christmas icon would fit well into that format, and I do not know how to replace the top left icon on my own. My apologies.

Could there be a text below the username of banned users in the forum that clarify that they're banned? It'd be a good thing as it's quite non-intuitive at the moment to know otherwise.

Back