• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Could there be a text below the username of banned users in the forum that clarify that they're banned? It'd be a good thing as it's quite non-intuitive at the moment to know otherwise.
That's true!!!!! Honestly, I always get confused, since they have red names, but sometimes I see them talking as well. This is the best suggestion.

Also, I have seen it in many Xenforo forums, they write it as “banned users” under the name. I can send a screenshot for reference

a2db9ad557c11ec63b5d20a91810de7d.png

Basically instead of badge, a text under name. We can see it clearly who is banned and who is not. I am getting much confused while surfing and I see many people having red names for some reasons.

Why isn't the strikethrough line sufficient in that regard? If we are going to pay our system administrator for work, it should be genuinely useful/important.

Why isn't the strikethrough line sufficient in that regard? If we are going to pay our system administrator for work, it should be genuinely useful/important.
I mean, you are saying as we are giving a whole complicated work, it is just a text and yes for mobile version and some other PC version, it is not sufficient.
It is one text, available in Xenforo management system. Besides, it is not like we are suggesting daily something, we barely do any significant change monthly.

Okay, but it still doesn't seem necessary given the strikethrough lines.

What about the issue of that not being consistently applied? Namely in regards of users that were banned before the forum move.

It is not harmless either way, also. Are you sure about strike-through lines? Because I barely see it. You mean red text?
b2cff702f534eebd803d900bdb23c206.png

After they got unbanned, they still have the color. There is no strike through lines?

Also, can be confused with human resources. So I actually brought new arguments and disadvantages for not having under text.

Damn, what? I can't see it. It shows me red and can be confused with human resources and one who got unbanned.

And you are talking about this forum, not our wiki then?

It is hard for me to try to get a problem fixed if I cannot even notice (and properly define) it.

Okay. Weird that the problem only appears for some people.

I have now asked our system manager about fixing this problem.

What do you mean? I asked our system manager to take a look through the relevant posts in this thread.

It seems better to just have the strikethrough lines function in our forum's dark layout viewing mode as well instead.

168a4ecb9701b8038b8baff002a61b96.png

For example, it has “red name”, and I thought he is banned, while is not really banned.

This is why “under text” name can clear these confusions.

Our system manager told me that he cannot find the problem when checking our forum's dark mode.

image-6.png
image-5.png

Well, that is what our forum system manager used as well, so it is hard to define this problem if he cannot even notice it.

Do you notice the problem in our forum's light mode as well?

Inconsistency between dark and light mode. In dark Mode banned users are red.
That's weird because I don't think that's the case. I just checked 5 banned user profiles, and they were all white with strikethroughs.

I checked the user displayed by Dread that had a red name, it was really red in Dark Mode, but I'm pretty sure he's not banned, so the screenshot that Dread sent kind of disproved the quoted text above. And I also checked the user displayed by Ant with his screenshot, and it was really white with a strikethrough. So, both sides are probably not wrong.

The issue is that there are users with red-colored names and some users have white-colored names (and this is regardless if they are banned or not), which makes it confusing. What causes users to have a red-colored name?

Last edited:
The issue is that there are users with red-colored names and some users have white-colored names (and this is regardless if they are banned or not), which makes it confusing. What causes users to have a red-colored name?
These users have red names:
RanaProGamer (Not banned)
Damage3245 (Not banned)
Marshadow29 (Not banned)
Sniper670 (Banned)
UltimateDarkGod666 (Banned)

These users don't have red names:
FantaRin_The_First (Not banned)
RizQ (Not banned)
Veloxt1r0kore (Not banned)
Star_King_Demon_Lord (Banned)
speedster352 (Banned)

Just to give examples... So, what causes the red names? This is also probably not caused by the forum migration because there are users before the forum migration with red names, and users after the forum migration with red names, though this is just my assumption, so I could still be wrong.

NOTE: THIS IS THE CASE FOR DARK MODE ONLY.

Red names don't occur in light mode as far as I know. So, this is more of a dark mode issue.

Last edited:
How strange. It seems like some members have found a way to change their username colours, and this is interfering if they get banned.

I will ask again about it.

How strange. It seems like some members have found a way to change their username colours, and this is interfering if they get banned.

I will ask again about it.
Thank you, I've never encountered this as I do not really use dark mode here, but the red names are actually really confusing as others have white names, so that has to be fixed. And seeing that users can actually confuse red names, thinking it is synonymous to being blocked, when strikethroughs actually do the job is an issue.

I would suggest a delete opinion if a thread seems unnecessary/needed or if it'll clutter

That and a delete opinion for accounts in case no one wants to be here anymore

Well, that is what our forum system manager used as well, so it is hard to define this problem if he cannot even notice it.

I need to check it since I never use light mode but I am watching fifa currently

I would suggest a delete opinion if a thread seems unnecessary/needed or if it'll clutter

And how do you define "bad" opinion? The suggestion is really unnecessary because you can't objectively define what is bad opinion to begin with

I'm just going to assume that when you say "opinion", you meant "option", because it would make more sense, and I don't really understand what a "delete opinion for accounts" would even mean unless I substitute that with the word "option".

Unnecessary threads usually just get closed, and a "delete" option seems kind of troublesome and there is a high chance that that kind of feature can easily be used in an abusive manner. For accounts, well, I have no opinion, probably up to the higher-ups to decide.

I need to check it since I never use light mode but I am watching fifa currently
I did some tests above (scroll up a bit) and I am pretty sure that the issue you mentioned is only present in dark mode. All the users with red usernames all have white usernames in light mode. And this issue is most likely unrelated to being banned/blocked and/or the forum migration, though I could be wrong.

I did some tests above (scroll up a bit) and I am pretty sure that the issue you mentioned is only present in dark mode. All the users with red usernames all have white usernames in light mode. And this issue is most likely unrelated to being banned/blocked and/or the forum migration, though I could be wrong.
Oh I read your messages now (thanks for pinging, I would never notice it)

Seems strange then, I always thought they are banned because they have red color. But again, the strikethrough thing is never in dark mode and it should be fixed in my opinion if giving under title "banned" is not significant enough

I'm just going to assume that when you say "opinion", you meant "option", because it would make more sense, and I don't really understand what a "delete opinion for accounts" would even mean unless I substitute that with the word "option".

Unnecessary threads usually just get closed, and a "delete" option seems kind of troublesome and there is a high chance that that kind of feature can easily be used in an abusive manner. For accounts, well, I have no opinion, probably up to the higher-ups to decide.
Yeah I meant option, my bad for not being aware

Thanks for pointing that out

Oh I read your messages now (thanks for pinging, I would never notice it)

Seems strange then, I always thought they are banned because they have red color. But again, the strikethrough thing is never in dark mode and it should be fixed in my opinion if giving under title "banned" is not significant enough
Just a request, can you look at a banned user's profile I mentioned above with (Banned) tag, and send another screenshot what it looks like in dark mode?

XenForo doesn't support deleting accounts per-say, like in Fandom as it'd compromise some of the infrastructure of the site if a member with several posts has everything deleted, the most that can be done IIRC is to like in Fandom, just remove the username, image and a sort of permaban from that account.

Back