• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Okay, but I still do not want to hand out publicly visible medals for posting a lot, as that encourages quantity over quality.

Okay, but even so, it could encourage the wrong kind of behaviour, such as spam-posting or asking friends to give thumbs up to thousands of one's posts in succession.

Is there a way to pin a specific message to your wall? You know, that specific message is always at the top of your wall.

Could symbols unusable to name pages on the site be rendered unusable to name tags? I've seen often a misconception of adding a "#" before the start of each tag when it doesn't work like that here and just splits up made content in effectively entirely separate tags.

Could symbols unusable to name pages on the site be rendered unusable to name tags? I've seen often a misconception of adding a "#" before the start of each tag when it doesn't work like that here and just splits up made content in effectively entirely separate tags.
This is a good idea. I will ask about this as well.

Could the capability to post a thread as an "article" in the forum be disabled? Blog posts in the main wiki already fill the kind of purpose the kind of formatting of these posts do, and in practice they've only been used by mistake or whatever for the same purposes as a normal thread with nothing but a unecessary inconsistency on layout.

In fact this is already out of standard as is as the average XenForo forum doesn't have that feature.

Could the capability to post a thread as an "article" in the forum be disabled? Blog posts in the main wiki already fill the kind of purpose the kind of formatting of these posts do, and in practice they've only been used by mistake or whatever for the same purposes as a normal thread with nothing but a unecessary inconsistency on layout.

In fact this is already out of standard as is as the average XenForo forum doesn't have that feature.
No, it's good for tournament threads.

Can you explain how tournament threads benefit from it in particular?
It is better than a thread. Also some users use blog for other stuff. I don't see really any reason to remove the feature and specially because it does not give any disadvantages.

Also for layout... I have seen many tournament articles and it looks fine...?

Also it has cool "own" section for OP's introduction which make it special.

Uh... you have only affirmed that it's "better", but not why, and while personal preference is an argument and all, it does indeed bring the disadvantage of giving inconsistent visuals, which becomes relevant when checking in multiple devices, and not seeing the OP at the start can be problematic to see from the start the potential trustworthiness of the user (namely amount of posts on the forum), after all, if a well-known/active user is the one writing a thread, it generally is worth paying attention to.

Meh, it's really useless for the purposes in here, if it was the exact same as the "main" format we wouldn't have an issue on this regard.

Last edited:
Huh, it seems that on devices with more limited aspect ratios, the difference between the regular format and the article format mainly boil down to where the "main" area where the Original Poster is displayed in the thread, although I'm still not a fan of doing inconsistent formattings on this regard for the other before-mentioned reasons, especially as it'd be difficult to limit this to only tournament threads if it's really as you say of those benefitting in particular (and I doubt as you've provided nothing on that but personal preference).

This change is unfortunately apparently not possible to apply.
Is there a way to pin a specific message to your wall? You know, that specific message is always at the top of your wall.
This might be possible though, but it has not been applied yet.

I personally don't like this format, but was outvoted by the other bureaucrats when we set up the structure of this forum, if I remember correctly.

Hello.

This option has been installed now, but it is only accessible via our personal user settings.
image.png
image-1.png

Tbh it was my idea first and not Dereck, but hey! This one is good actually, will this be limited or public to all?

49c2d5d917dc82fbe56ad5b85f45b0f2.png

It works perfectly

No problem. The new feature is useful for me as well.

So uh, I noticed that some users have their forum profiles inaccessible. Problem is, a few others can also make themselves impossible to invite to a conversation. How do we exactly contact those users?

What do you mean exactly? There is unfortunately likely nothing that we can do to make the message walls of banned members viewable by all regular unbanned members.

No I'm fine with that. Problem is, I can't start a conversation with him either.

Is there any other way I can directly contact him?
Ask him on his profile wall, maybe. I can start a conversation with him, I see the option is there.

No that's not the problem. I can't start a conversation with them either. I have no way to contact them
I have the option to start a conversation with him because he only allows it with his followers and versa visa. That's it.
It is not an issue of the system.

Back