• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Can't you send private messages to him either? That is a serious problem. I will talk with AKM sama and likely our system manager about this.

Can't you send private messages to him either? That is a serious problem. I will talk with AKM sama and likely our system manager about this.
I literally told him the issue. Holy, Ant. Read what I said above, it is about his privacy setting, and it is normal. You can't send him one unless you follow him and versa vica

I literally told him the issue. Holy, Ant. Read what I said above, it is about his privacy setting, and it is normal. You can't send him one unless you follow him and versa vica
But as far as I am aware, the only way for regular members to follow him is to access his message wall, which is blocked, and I also agree with Bobsican's assessment.

This is a forum oriented to wiki indexing, restricting social interactions is simply detrimental to say the least.
But as far as I am aware, the only way for regular members to follow him is to access his message wall, which is blocked, and I also agree with Bobsican's assessment.
And he has privacy rights at least. He does not want anyone to see his wall. Leave it. Every Wiki has this setting. Don't see anything harmful here.
Also, this is not the default setting, he chooses this setting.

Wikis do not have this setting, although many forums do, and it makes it harder for most of our staff to investigate rule-violations, among other issues.

Wikis do not have this setting, although many forums do, and it makes it harder for most of our staff to investigate rule-violations, among other issues.
I think staff members has already the ability to bypass this setting, Ant. + I meant the external forum, Xenforo. A lot of them have this setting default.

No, most of them definitely do not. I think that only I, AKM, DontTalk, and maybe Medeus do, so it seems to be a problem.

No, most of them definitely do not. I think that only I, AKM, DontTalk, and maybe Medeus do, so it seems to be a problem.
Nope. I can see private profiles as well.. I can see pokemonfan profile and iirc Ogbunabali had private profile as well and I can see it.

A problem could be fixed if you give permission to staff members the ability to view them, however removing privacy settings from members is really rushed.
Pretty much, if you talked with the system manager, about permission for staff members, this will solve the problem.

(Seems only the admin can view them since Xenforo allows this to admins, just give the permission generally to staff members)

PS: When I say staff members, I meant everyone with this badge (“Vs Battles”)
004e290276fdaf75bede323e55e0a132.jpg

Nope. I can see private profiles as well.. I can see pokemonfan profile and iirc Ogbunabali had private profile as well and I can see it.
@Antvasima Seems, VS Battles can view them. The issue is solved

Oh, that is good. Maybe I asked our system administrator to adjust our settings in that regard previously then? I seem to have a vague memory in that regard.

Eh, I'm not a fan of this approach, still restricting regular members removes the whole way of usually dealing with discussing potential stuff that'd be off-topic in a discussion in their profile page, especially as given the forum is the main way to discuss stuff, the message walls in the wiki are quite inactive and thus unreliable to circumvent it.

Actually, the fact that this "feature" isn't in the actual wiki yet is enforced in the wiki forum for no real reason seems rather unintuitive and overall counterproductive.

It is not stricting. It is privacy. There are many other way to talk with other member about topic-off discussions other than profile wall. I don't see a reason why you want to remove privacy setting from members. Also forum and wiki are different. Only because they don't have it in their own website does not mean we need "to do same". They are nowhere funding the website. So I don't think they got a say to our features.

Eh, privacy has its places too, if you wanted privacy you wouldn't be posting it there to begin with, this does nothing for our purposes but limit social interaction between members, which is counterproductive as said before.

Eh, privacy has its places too, if you wanted privacy you wouldn't be posting it there to begin with.
I can use same argument on social media platforms. Sorry Bob, but I don't see point removing privacy setting feature from members. Members has rights to choose hiding posts from public or not.

Eh, then I guess it'd be best to let others decide.

Social media platforms have a better reasoning as in those it isn't unheard of to use them to discuss personal information, which you at the very least shouldn't in a wiki forum where everyone uses pseudonyms.

I mean, I can post whatever I want (don't forget privacy is subjective as well) in my profile wall and don't want others to see it (for example notes/translations/random stuff)

If you are worried about staff bypassing. Its been clarified they can see it (if you are worried with rule violation, but don't mind me, I think you can do whatever u want in your wall <except using slurs>).

So ya I mentioned some examples, why privacy setting should stay.

I mean, there's the forum sandbox if you want to post that kind of stuff in private
I saw some members spamming their wall for same purpose. (It's somehow easier and look easier)

As I said it is subjective. I only use sandbox when I try to create future CRTs but not really for the examples I mentioned.

I really personally don't see any negatives. Privacy is right for each member. Restricting the setting will gives no room for own privacy at his own profile wall.

I personally think that Bobsican seems to make sense above.

I have a suggestion that many users like to see it, including a staff member (@Agnaa)

Since we are in a community where debating and discussion are involved, many people use “Agree/Disagree FRA” to involve themselves in a relevant post.
It can reduce clutter in threads by having people use that reaction instead of posting “FRA”

So the idea is to add a custom icon for “FRA”, and we choose this as a reaction, obviously if the system manager can't add custom reactions, he may choose one that fits the suggestion.
Concept view: (obviously, it should look white as well)
image.png

This would reduce spam messages as well.

Here are some Xenforo sources that this suggestion can be implemented

Last edited:
No, my apologies, but that would allow regular members to easily circumvent staff-only restrictions in our staff forum discussion threads, and also seems too impersonal and harder to keep track of.

Also, what if it is used for mocking purposes instead? Not so good at all.

Yes, but this wouldn't even be against our rules.

No, my apologies, but that would allow regular members to easily circumvent staff-only restrictions in our staff forum discussion threads, and also seems too impersonal and harder to keep track of.

Also, what if it is used for mocking purposes instead? Not so good at all.
Yes, but this wouldn't even be against our rules.
So, do you think they can't use “Like” for mocking purposes as well?
+ It is not against rule violation, if I am not mistaken (Agreeing with someone through reaction)

Last edited:
+ Create a rule for this, then. I mean, if you always think negatively like this, there will be no improvement/development whatsoever.
Also, I did not know agreeing/disagreeing with someone is rule violation

Last edited:
If there's concerns on moderating which users are staff for the purposes of a FRA, just add a Custom Title that says something like "VSBW Staff", I've noticed that Custom Titles appear alongside the usernames when browsing the reactions given to a post, so this is a good option.

I think that it would mess up our way of doing things here too much, and likely create misunderstandings regarding how people should respond, along with that I do not like the impersonality and poll-like nature of it all, and do not want to create a precedent to allow other reactions to be added, so I am not willing to do so. My apologies.

I mean, to clear those misunderstandings, just add a rule for it? If you are worried about the draft, I can create one.

No. Sorry, but I am not willing to do so, for all of my above-stated reasons.

Wait, so actually, it is allowed to have a thread spammed with Agree FRA, but it is personal dislike if we add “reaction” and technically both are in reality the same?
I really don't get it. Is it a ruling violation or not now?

It can reduce clutter in threads by having people use that reaction instead of posting “FRA”

I was referring to that it is possible for regular members to significantly interfere with staff only threads by spamming FRA buttons to single posts that attack specific staff members or promote extremely unreasonable arguments, for example, but that is far from the only reason that I stated above.

That is not possible as far as I am aware. Also, I have firmly said no, and explained why several times. It is not reasonable to expect me to always agree with you.

Back