• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

I cannot reproduce the problems that you described above. I saw a strikethrough and regular username colour for @speedster352 .

That's true, I saw what Ant saw. Could it be a member or supporter only issue? Why are strikethroughs now the issue?
I don't remember the time when I did not donate (somehow once I joined I directly donated) if there are strikethough

But ya, it could be the groupuser from donations who use dark mode can't see strike through text.

Hmm. Can you list a few regular members and a few regular members with supporter badges that you think might be willing to help us check this issue, please?

Checked on Speedster and tried all Forum Styles. In neither of these styles is his name striked through.
Oh, so it's probably a member thing then. I speculate that staff and the like probably sees the strikethrough.

Then there's also the red username issue.

Well, our system manager is very busy with tasks for other clients, and did not notice this error when he checked.

Our system administrator has now created a function that automatically adds "Banned User" badges to members who are banned, and removes them if the bans expire or are removed.

Is this a satisfactory solution for you all?

So the solution is? Why the system manager could not find the issue when @First_Witch reported the issue that it is about dark mode.
I know this is a late reply but, that's because staff, including the system manager most likely could not see the problem at all. The person that could fix it could never see it, that's most likely why.

Our system administrator has now created a function that automatically adds "Banned User" badges to members who are banned, and removes them if the bans expire or are removed.

I like that functionality, that will work.

However, there's still the issue that I also mentioned, quoted below.
These users have red names:

These users don't have red names:
This still persists in dark mode. Most likely unrelated to who's banned or not, but it still confuses people.

Last edited:

And how does it look like? Let me see

RanaProGamer (Not banned)
Damage3245 (Not banned)
Marshadow29 (Not banned)
Sniper670 (Banned)
UltimateDarkGod666 (Banned)

These users don't have red names:
FantaRin_The_First (Not banned)
RizQ (Not banned)
Veloxt1r0kore (Not banned)
Star_King_Demon_Lord (Banned)
speedster352 (Banned)
Here, it states which users have red names and white names, and if they're banned or not.

I sent this because this is proof that the username color has no correlation to being banned. IF they are banned, what matters is that their names had strikethroughs, not the color of their usernames.

If you search for a banned user's posts, is it supposed to look like this? This looks overwhelming in light mode, and even more in dark mode.

Hmm. I will ask our system manager about the issue.
Thank you, something else seems to be causing red names, I checked both banned and unbanned users alike, and I saw a lot with red names regardless if they're banned or not. So, I have no idea what causes this.

I could be wrong with my speculation though, I was just guessing.

Last edited:
Well, I hope that he will be willing to read your posts here, as I have a hard time explaining the problem properly. Let's just wait for him to take a look please. 🙏

Well, I hope that he will be willing to read your posts here, as I have a hard time explaining the problem properly. Let's just wait for him to take a look please. 🙏
I hope his conclusion won't be that I need to move to light style, because no I am obsessed with dark style 💘

Summary:
Red Name Issue:
Users seem to have inconsistent username colors, which causes users to be confused because people think that users with red names are banned, when in reality, they're not. DarkDragonMedeus said that red names are caused by not having any banners (I tested this, and he's correct), so this should probably be fixed. Strikethroughs and the newly added "Banned User" badges should do the trick.

Samples:

Damage3245 (Not banned)
Marshadow29 (Not banned)

These users have white names:
RizQ (Not banned)
speedster352 (Banned)

Banned User Badges Issue:
The badge should only behave like the other badges.

Last edited:
Summary:
Red Name Issue:
Users seem to have inconsistent username colors, which causes users to be confused because people think red names are banned, when in reality, they're not. Strikethroughs and the newly added "Banned User" badges should do the trick.

Samples:

Damage3245 (Not banned)
Marshadow29 (Not banned)

These users have white names:
RizQ (Not banned)
speedster352 (Banned)

Banned User Badges Issue:
The badge should only behave like the other badges.
@DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz

Our system manager wonders if somebody has any good suggestions for what kind of solutions we should apply to the above-mentioned problems.

I believe white color names just mean they have banners on their profile iirc, but strike throughs and banned user badges seems like a good suggestion yeah.

Back