• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This thread is for members to list their suggestions to improve the VS Battles wiki. We cannot promise you that all your suggestions will be incorporated for certain, but they will be sincerely considered for implementation.

Feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

I would like the feature on the new forum to have more reaction options than just "Like".
While "Dislike" has already been denied with a good reason and all before, I would like to see other reaction options such as "Love", "Wow" and maybe even "Sad"
Multiple_reactions.png

Very well then.

Anyways, I would like if the search feature allowed to filter by the category(ies) on each thread.

And are there any plans to support .gif files for pictures?

Last edited:
Dark Mode lags a lot for me, expecially when it comes to big threads or posts. Light Mode works just fine though.

@Darkmon_cns

I do not think that we can search by thread length alone.

It is still possible to state the reason for closing in a post before doing so.

@CrimsonStarFallen

I do not know what to do about that. Sorry. Also, it make little sense that one layout should work worse than the other.

I'm not sure if this is already a feature, but image-banner for signature, something like how myanimelist has them, i.e. an image 150px by 600px. This way the image signatures won't be too big to just clog the thread.

Are there any plans to make an entire sub-forum section archive for threads that were made in May 2020 and before?
It would help a lot to greatly decrease necroing in here, while also keeping such threads intact for posterity.

It would also be nice if a feature that allows to know if a thread has received a new reply while you are in it, allowing to update it without needing to copy/paste your post, that would help a lot to keep discussion smooth, and yes, this is something XenForo can support.

Last edited:
The 3 wikis should probably have separate 'what's new' areas, i keep runing into FCOC posts looking for stuff just from VS battles and vice versa

If they have a person on Ignore they probably wouldn't pay attention to their opinion even if they could see it.

The Ignore feature does seem odd. Would it get in the way of discussions on Vs Threads and CRTs?
Only ant or another staff member would be able to say how it works, so I guess we should probably wait, this thread is being a bit flooded on this topic, I suppose it would be good to know how people feel on it?

They are free to do so. I'm just worried about the mess it could cause if the Ignore feature prevents others from seeing constructive conversations in a discussion during a future CRT.

Personally, i love it. There's just people that don't work together, and i'd much rather not see them than have a heated argument.

Besides, they can always open ignored posts if needed.

Oh? You can open ignored posts? Nevermind, that already solves any issue I would have on the feature.

Hold on, I am going to quickly use the feature on you to test it out then unignore you. I have no intention to use it in the future, but I want to be able to educate others if I need to.

Can the logos be easier to see? I typed in fc/oc and in whats new, you can see in what wiki was a post or comment made, buts its really hard to see

The ignore feature is still kinda rude to do. If someone is annoying to you, ask them to stop or report them if necessary. All it will do is drive people further apart and encourage people to act unprofessionally.

I mean it would help with people not wanting to deal with certain people. I can see not wanting to ignore staff members as they can give warnings so ppl dont think they can act freely.

Again, if said person is really annoying, it’s either minor enough you can politely ask them to stop, or Major enough it’s report worthy.

We'd also don't want Staff members to ignore regular users so there would be another connection between the two groups. That said, Staff members are humans too and any situation could lead them to wanting to ignore someone.

Also, thinking about it, ignoring someone instead of reporting them could lead to trouble users to staying around longer then they normally would.

Edit: Ok ok, we can move on.

Thats the thing though, you wanna get rid of somebody when they can just prob ignore certain people that can trigger them. That could calm certain people down, or keep them along longer than they should. But an obvious ban worthy person is an obvious ban worthy person

Edit: Ok move on lol

Back