• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Another suggestion inspired by this thread.

A CRT should have some kind of summary of what changes are actually being proposed. It's not enough to just post the sandbox of new profiles and say "That's what will be on the profiles now".

I can understand that for a large number of profiles being revised at the same time in the same CRT, it might take a bit more effort to simply list what is being proposed for each of them, which is why it is a good idea to make the list as you're coming up with the proposed changes before the thread is created - but it's not asking a lot to just have a summary of the proposed changes in the OP of the CRT itself for the sake of clarity.
Also largely agreed, but sometimes there are too many changes to summarise properly without linking to an explanation blog or sandbox, for example.

Last edited:
Also largely agreed, but sometimes there are too many changes to summarise properly without linking to an explanation blog or sandbox, for example.
Linking to a sandbox is a great idea to do anyway. My point is that it shouldn't be a case of "Spot the difference".

Last edited:
Wording for rules could just be:

* If you are creating a content revision thread that affects a particular verse, then you need to specify the name of that verse as part of the title of the thread so that other users can recognize what the revision thread in case the rest of the title is unclear. For example: "Post-Timeskip AP Revision (Naruto)".

* The opening post of a content revision thread has to include a clear summary of what the proposed changes are so that everyone involved in the discussion will be on the same page. For example if an updated profile has been created in a sandbox with a new Power & Abilities section, then you should summarize or bullet point in the opening post exactly what powers have been added to the character, or removed, etc.

Hey can I make a suggestion?

Is there anyway to link the list of mods under the name tags

So for example if I'm looking for the list of cgms and come across for example damage wouldn't it be more efficient to click on the calc group tag as opposed to just looking for the list?

* If you are creating a content revision thread that affects a particular verse, then you need to specify the name of that verse as part of the title of the thread so that other users can recognize what the revision thread in case the rest of the title is unclear. For example: "Post-Timeskip AP Revision (Naruto)".

* The opening post of a content revision thread has to include a clear summary of what the proposed changes are so that everyone involved in the discussion will be on the same page. For example if an updated profile has been created in a sandbox with a new Power & Abilities section, then you should summarize or bullet point in the opening post exactly what powers have been added to the character, or removed, etc.
I think that these seem like good additions at least.

Can we add a bump thread feature? I saw a lot of threads that have a lot of posts by just saying “bumps”, also this feature can have a cooldown for 12 hours.
It would be cleaner for many threads.

If we have a few hundred threads that are constantly auto-bumped, the forum structure and coherent overview functionality would likely turn into a mess.

I really think it'd be considerable to allow regular members to ping other users in the forum, namely to ease discussion and traction. I'm aware they're currently disabled to begin with out of concerns of this being trolling bait, but I've seen other popular XenForo forums managing well on that with just the simple restriction of up to five users or so being pingable per post.

There's even a cooldown of an entire minute per post, so anyone abusing this would be very easy to notice.

No, absolutely not. Our staff would constantly be swarmed with hundreds of notifications, and not be able to sort out what is important.

My apologies about likely having made quite a lot of those myself.

The second one seems a tad strict, sometimes CRTs involve over a hundred changes, and not everyone has the time to spare, like I do, to list out all of 'em.

I'd suggest something more along the lines of:
...summarize or bullet point in the opening post what major changes are being made.

Listing all power changes is an insane request, I have revised entire verses at once with several hundreds of powers being added across all the profiles total. So I definitely agree a brief though clear summary should be all that's asked.

If we have a few hundred threads that are constantly auto-bumped, the forum structure and coherent overview functionality would likely turn into a mess.
But the outcome is literally the same. I don't see the difference between auto-bump (which reduce “bump” messages in the thread) and bump messages.

But the outcome is literally the same. I don't see the difference between auto-bump (which reduce “bump” messages in the thread) and bump messages.
The former would spam bump messages for all threads at once, regardless if anybody is still active in them or not, without any conscious thought behind it, and not provide any benefits.

Anyway, would Damage be willing to adjust his new rule text according to Agnaa's suggestions?

The former would spam bump messages for all threads at once, regardless if anybody is still active in them or not, without any conscious thought behind it, and not provide any benefits.
Nope, this is not how auto-bump works. It is only once every 12 hours, and also it is only for OPs and not for regular members.
Being active or not, I think inactive ones or solved ones, should always be closed tho.

So basically, here are the advantages of the auto-bumper feature:
  • There is a cooldown option (12h, 24h…etc)
  • It is only restricted to OP
  • reduces the spam of messages (bump messages)
“Bump messages” that give those disadvantages:
  • Everyone can send bump message
  • There is no moderation (the rule is 12 hours, but yet the possibility that people can do it earlier is given)
  • Most of the threads have only two relevant messages while the rest are only bumping messages which leads to spam.

I am unsure why we don't implement this feature, is it perhaps because you don't know how to add it? Surely the developer of the site can do this with no effort (despite the fact it is a feature from Xenforo)

It is because I don't want to be spammed with bumps and threads that are several months old and have lost all member interest and most memories of them at this point crowding an easy overview of our content revision section.

It is because I don't want to be spammed with bumps and threads that are several months old and have lost all member interest and most memories of them at this point crowding an easy overview of our content revision section.
I don't understand it. Those threads should be normally closed. How is this an “issue”? It can be fixed by closing it. Also, why an opened old thread should not be solved Ant?

Because most such threads do not get properly closed by our staff, whereas others are not sufficiently convincing or interesting to get any traction. It just isn't realistic to have several hundreds or even thousands of threads be bumped every day, regardless if anybody is active and interested in them, as it would cause spam and a very hard time to get an easy overview of the currently relevant discussions when browsing our forums.

My apologies, but what you are suggesting is completely impractical and likely outright destructive. It will not be accepted.

Last edited:
Would it be more manageable if it was limited to a certain level of supporters? There'd be few enough members where if a few ended up abusing them, the right to use it could be removed.

Because most such thread do not get properly closed by our staff, whereas others are not sufficiently convincing or interesting to get any traction. It just isn't realistic to have several hundreds or even thousands of threads be bumped every day, regardless if anybody is active and interested in them, as it would cause spam and a very hard time to get an easy overview of the currently relevant discussions when browsing our forums.

My apologies, but what you are suggesting is completely impractical and likely outright destructive. It will not be accepted.
But the outcome is literally the same? What is the difference if a person did “bump” every 12 hours and posted it as a message, and the difference if he just used a feature?
Don't you see the outcome is actually the same on both sides? One uses an old “spamming” method and others use the same feature. Do both get the same outcome?

Can we add a bump thread feature? I saw a lot of threads that have a lot of posts by just saying “bumps”, also this feature can have a cooldown for 12 hours.
It would be cleaner for many threads.
Does this send notifications to people who have followed the thread, or does it just move it up to the top of the forum?

Does this send notifications to people who have followed the thread, or does it just move it up to the top of the forum?
It only moves it up to the top of the forum. Hence, why I said it is better than our old method.
You can set up one thread/for 12 hours. No spam in threads. I got no clue why having a thread with 40 posts (30 posts only bump messages) is better than a thread with only relevant information and having a feature that supports ito bump it.

I like the idea if it doesn't send notifications
It does not. I am already in a business forum for two years, and they have tons of features (I would like to see them here since it solves many of our “old-school methods” and can improve the tech of this forum).

Besides, I already brought advantages and disadvantages in my thread above. I have no clue why it can't be implemented if the outcome is the same and even better.

Not having notifications is both a positive and a negative.

On the plus side, it doesn't annoy people who have already evaluated the thread as much as they can, just moving it to the top of the forum to get more eyeballs on it.

On the negative side, someone may have more to say that they'll remember once they see the thread in their notifications again, or they could be encouraged to ping/ask a specific person.

Restricted to the OP means, that while making the thread, the OP can pre-set the settings in order to have their thread be bumped every 12 hours, right?

Not having notifications is both a positive and a negative.

On the plus side, it doesn't annoy people who have already evaluated the thread as much as they can, just moving it to the top of the forum to get more eyeballs on it.

On the negative side, someone may have more to say that they'll remember once they see the thread in their notifications again, or they could be encouraged to ping/ask a specific person.
Evaluated the thread = closed thread. You can't bump a thread that is already closed by staff.
Restricted to the OP means, that while making the thread, the OP can pre-set the settings in order to have their thread be bumped every 12 hours, right?
No, it means that only OP has possibility to bump the thread which avoids those spammy messages by a lot and only leave relevant posts.
12 hours per bump in a same thread can be setup by the developer of the forum. It is only setting for him. The OP will only get a chance to bump it. The setting is already implemented from the developer.

Evaluated the thread = closed thread. You can't bump a thread that is already closed by staff.

I mean individual user evaluations. Someone has already posted their thoughts on the CRT. Someone has already posted their thoughts on the fight. That doesn't mean that the thread has been concluded and would get closed.

I mean individual user evaluations. Someone has already posted their thoughts on the CRT. Someone has already posted their thoughts on the fight. That doesn't mean that the thread has been concluded and would get closed.
But what is the difference between bumping that thread using the feature and the spammy old-school method, except notification?

But what is the difference between bumping that thread using the feature and the spammy old-school method, except notification?
The notification is the main difference. And as I said, the lack of a notification has both advantages and disadvantages.

I'm not trying to chuck out this idea, just bringing up things to consider.

Would it be more manageable if it was limited to a certain level of supporters? There'd be few enough members where if a few ended up abusing them, the right to use it could be removed.
If all the participants of each thread get settings that automatically bump them ever 12 hours, I would assume you can see why this would be a problem.
I like the idea if it doesn't send notifications
It would, and we would all drown in constant spam and incoherence. Definitely no thank you.
I suppose so, but there would still be the notification and bloating issues, and if a thread isn't interesting to our community, it would be very hard to get any useful context out of it from a few hundred automated bump-posts between each genuine reply.

Back