• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Dread, can you please stop relentlessly push for this issue? I think that it is an absolutely terrible idea, so it is just going to waste my time to constantly be forced to respond to you about it.

If all the participants of each thread get settings that automatically bump them ever 12 hours, I would assume you can see why this would be a problem.

It would, and we would all drown in constant spam and incoherence. Definitely no thank you.

I suppose so, but there would still be the notification and bloating issues, and if a thread isn't interesting to our community, it would be very hard to get any useful context out of it from a few hundred automated bump-posts between each genuine reply.
Nope, this is not what am I referring it. I never said “auto-bumper” this one is already declined. I meant a feature called “bump”

Nope, this is not what am I referring it. I never said “auto-bumper” this one is already declined. I meant a feature called “bump”
Please elaborate. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Dread, can you please stop relentlessly push for this issue? I think that it is an absolutely terrible idea, so it is just going to waste my time to constantly be forced to respond to you about it.
I would stop, but this shows disrespect since you never see the link I have sent. You think I am talking about “auto-bumper”, I was never referring to this feature.

Yes, sorry about that. I thought that you wanted to spam all of our discussion threads that haven't been locked with hundreds or thousands of automated bump-posts.

If all the participants of each thread get settings that automatically bump them ever 12 hours, I would assume you can see why this would be a problem.

It may be possible for the bumps to be limited on a per-thread basis? I'm not sure.

I suppose so, but there would still be the notification and bloating issues, and if a thread isn't interesting to our community, it would be very hard to get any useful context out of it from a few hundred automated bump-posts between each genuine reply.

The point of the thread is to move posts to the top of the forum without cluttering them up with those sorts of posts. And apparently, the addon doesn't send notifications.

I would stop, but this shows disrespect since you never see the link I have sent. You think I am talking about “auto-bumper”, I was never referring to this feature.

I mean, Ant brought it up first, but you also mentioned it....

36a2021fa7f7b779ea15c1597aa0a097.png

See? There is an option called “bump”. This option allows you to bump the thread only 12 hours in that forum (which can be set up by our developer in the forum)
I mean, Ant brought it up first, but you also mentioned it....
my bad, I meant “bump” as a feature in that context. But I think he thought I was talking about a declined suggestion earlier before (we have discussed it before)

36a2021fa7f7b779ea15c1597aa0a097.png

See? There is an option called “bump”. This option allows you to bump the thread only 12 hours in that forum (which can be set up by our developer in the forum)

my bad, I meant “bump” as a feature in that context. But I think he thought I was talking about a declined suggestion earlier before (we have discussed it before)
Also, this screenshot is from another forum. They also have auto-bumper, but it is only restricted to those supports who pay $20 each month for a year (while other supporting badges are a one-time payment). Also, I am not really trying to convince you that auto bump is best, but if you did not know, there is also an option that you only can auto bump your own “5 threads or X threads” per day.

But this is irrelevant to my suggestion, just wanted to show that the issue of what you are referring to has also a solution. @Agnaa @Antvasima
My suggestion is that the “bump” option is in that suggestion.

Hmm, I suppose that seems much more reasonable then, but to avoid spamming, it should preferably be limited to being used by only the original thread starters or for our Diamond Supporters or both in combination, as there is a risk that Diamond Supporters would go around on bumping-sprees without us knowing who was responsible, otherwise.

Yes, if Diamond Supporters get the ability to bump the threads that they started themselves without posting in them, that seems like a great special benefit for them. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Hmm, I suppose that seems much more reasonable then, but to avoid spamming, it should preferably be limited to being used by only the original thread starters or for our Diamond Supporters or both in combination, as there is a risk that Diamond Supporters would go around on bumping-sprees without us knowing who was responsible, otherwise.

Yes, if Diamond Supporters get the ability to bump the threads that they started themselves without posting in them, that seems like a great special benefit for them. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
My suggestion is to let's test this “beta feature” on supporters, if it works, then we can do it publically for everyone. If it does not work, we can search for solutions and find to fix it. Also, you may misunderstand this, only OP got those the ability to bump on their own thread. Other members can't bump other threads (except staff if you give them that feature, but I doubt it)

Okay. That seems like a pretty sensible addition then, but it would also make a great special benefit for Diamond Supporters, as we do need to give better incentives for helping out to keep this forum running and gradually pay off our financial losses so far.

Okay. That seems like a pretty sensible addition then, but it would also make a great special benefit for Diamond Supporters, as we do need to give better incentives for helping out to keep this forum running and gradually pay off our financial losses so far.
I don't mind. Giving benefits to diamond supporters is great.

Also, if you're worried about bumping sprees, the number of bumps allotted to a user per day can be limited.

Suggestion for donators perks: giving ability to pin a message in their profile wall in external forum (vsbattle.com)

That sorta thing's been suggested before, but runs too much of a risk of toxicity and dogpiling.

No clue if it’s possible but being able to find all the posts that quote a certain post by clicking on that post would be nice, would be a huge help in finding refutes for arguments quicker as well as give a reader of a thread the opportunity to only read through each avenue of discussion at a time, rather than the mix and match most threads end up being

We all know YT reasons for removing the dislike feature was bullshit and only a small minority of people agree with YT
(I don't want to derail) That “minority” is like a bunch of ten million, yk? It is like some hundred people disagreed.
Also, the reason behind it is good, regardless.

Could the wiki forum web browser icon be edited to be more visibly different from the main wiki one in some way? It's rather difficult to navigate between both as they're easy to mix up, even just using another shade of blue could work.

Last edited:
Could the wiki forum web browser icon be edited to be more visibly different from the main wiki one in some way? It's rather difficult to navigate between both as they're easy to mix up, even just using another shade of blue could work.
That seems too impractical for us to do for extremely limited benefit. Sorry.

Suggestion for donators perks: giving ability to pin a message in their profile wall in external forum (vsbattle.com)
The Diamond Supporters already have the perk to bump threads that they have created themselves a few times each day.

The Diamond Supporters already have the perk to bump threads that they have created themselves a few times each day.
Ay nice but I think you replied to wrong suggestion, you are referring to one early. This one is different tho. Also, does it seem good? Is there any issues you are getting from it?

I meant that the current perks seem good enough, and the bump button for Diamond Supporters is similar to what you suggested, if I understood you correctly.

I guess the ability to pin something on your message wall would be so you can group similar things together (say, calc evaluation requests, although this may be a bad idea since then everyone who replies will forever get notified for any replies to it). Or perhaps to always have a greeting/instructional message on your profile, sort of like how old message wall greetings worked.

I guess the ability to pin something on your message wall would be so you can group similar things together (say, calc evaluation requests, although this may be a bad idea since then everyone who replies will forever get notified for any replies to it). Or perhaps to always have a greeting/instructional message on your profile, sort of like how old message wall greetings worked.
You can disable it, basically. Also, pin suggestions will be restricted to donators. It works perfectly on other forums, and it is a good idea.
Also, I have other suggestions (one suggestion for a message wall from the profile), but it seems I will be annoying to you guys.

I try my best to research if my suggestion is first available for Xenforo and if there is any plugin needed or not.
I mean, I want the forum to be constantly developed to the best as long as it runs.

I meant that the current perks seem good enough, and the bump button for Diamond Supporters is similar to what you suggested, if I understood you correctly.
Yes, correct. (I will soon be a diamond supporter just to try it, tho). I am really glad I helped you with my suggestion, Ant.
Also,
Suggestion for donators perks: giving the ability to pin a message on their profile wall in an external forum (vsbattle.com)
this suggestion has nothing with my previous one, so it is new.

You can disable it, basically.

I don't understand what you're referring to.

It works perfectly on other forums, and it is a good idea.

Perhaps, I was just having trouble thinking of more than one or two usecases. Maybe that's enough for people if it's easy to implement.

Also, I have other suggestions (one suggestion for a message wall from the profile), but it seems I will be annoying to you guys. I try my best to research if my suggestion is first available for Xenforo and if there is any plugin needed or not. I mean, I want the forum to be constantly developed to the best as long as it runs.

I, personally, like seeing all those suggestions; I don't want you to slow your roll. I want us to keep improving donator perks until they're attractive enough to keep the site afloat.

Oh. It is just intended for personal message walls. I suppose that seems much more reasonable than for threads in general, yes.

Oh. It is just intended for personal message walls. I suppose that seems much more reasonable than for threads in general, yes.
Ay, thank you very much. And yes, it is for personal message walls. This is for lower donation perks (gold/silver).

You can disable it, basically.

I don't understand what you're referring to.
I am referring to this:
although this may be a bad idea since then everyone who replies will forever get notified for any replies to it).
If you are no more active there, you won't get notified. Either way, you can disable it if you are no more interested. Not really a huge disadvantage in my opinion.
Also, I loved your idea. This is good for calculation groups, tho. I mean, it can be a good benefit.

Huh, I tried looking and couldn't see an option to unfollow a message wall thread.

Huh, I tried looking and couldn't see an option to unfollow a message wall thread.
Mhm, which message wall? Your own? If it is your own, you can disable alerts. If you mean others, I am sure if you mark it as reading multiple times, it automatically deactivates it. I remember someone saying that.

Others', if I pinned a message for all calc-related requests on my wall, people commenting on it would want to deactivate notifications at one point.

That sounds like a pretty inconvenient way to deactivate it, though. I wonder if there's an addon that could make things easier....

Back