• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvements (New forum)

Since I have seen a number of people delete their comments very quickly which are meant for bumping, it causes issues with the notifications system. Is it possible to have a pop up/announcement message for a bit to inform people of this issue? So they don't delete their messages few minutes or so after bumping the thread and whatnot?

Probably gonna get instantly shut down faster than anything.
But hey.........I got this idea at the back on my mind for for a year now might as well get it off of my chest and write it here just for the sake of writing.

Voting in longer debates are time consuming and often times manually writing and collecting votes extends the debate for longer periods of time so I propose a new function.
Vote Counter Machine (Concept):
Gc0GQsk.png

Thank you for the replies. I will apply the new popup message then.
It seems to have been implemented incorrectly. It has the url "https://vsbattles.com/members/agnaa.7964/[URL]https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Welcome_Message[/URL]", which does not lead to a proper page.

I suspect the URL in the notification is individualized to each person.

Yes, I noticed that my copy-pasted code was accidentally incorrect. I have fixed the problem now.

Last edited:
Since I have seen a number of people delete their comments very quickly which are meant for bumping, it causes issues with the notifications system. Is it possible to have a pop up/announcement message for a bit to inform people of this issue? So they don't delete their messages few minutes or so after bumping the thread and whatnot?
Well, I just added another popup message, but I suppose that we could create a highlighted news and announcements thread about the issue after a while, in which we also ask our members to regularly inspect their personal followed discussions pages, which is not affected by the bug in question.

The problem is that trolls might use this bug in order to sabotage the smooth running of this forum if we inform all of them about it. I will ask our system manager to take a look to see if he can fix the issue.

Probably gonna get instantly shut down faster than anything.
But hey.........I got this idea at the back on my mind for for a year now might as well get it off of my chest and write it here just for the sake of writing.

Voting in longer debates are time consuming and often times manually writing and collecting votes extends the debate for longer periods of time so I propose a new function.
Vote Counter Machine (Concept):
Gc0GQsk.png
I think that counters would encourage lazy popularity voting rather than by using arguments.

Well, I just added another popup message, but I suppose that we could create a highlighted news and announcements thread about the issue after a while, in which we also ask our members to regularly inspect their personal followed discussions pages, which is not affected by the bug in question.

The problem is that trolls might use this bug in order to sabotage the smooth running of this forum if we inform all of them about it. I will ask our system manager to take a look to see if he can fix the issue.
News and announcements would be ideal. So we can refer to it any time

I think that counters would encourage lazy popularity voting rather than by using arguments.
Could there potentially be a box where you must fill in why you have given the vote? Then if there were concerns about lazy voting you could just check the log and see why people voted the way they did

On the subject of categories again, I was thinking that some of them should be deleted like Fallen Angels. I mean, we already have the term Demons on this wiki, and demons in a sense are the same thing as fallen angels. And for Immortality Users, we already have the category Immortals on this wiki, so what's the point in even adding this category? As for Bugs/Insects, one of the two I believe needs to go as here on the wiki they're basically the same thing.

Only OP will be in full control and if someone doesn't count votes we can always report them, It'll much quicker than manually counting votes.
Also it should be optional if people wanna use it then fine if not then nope.
Maybe a sandbox test "if the wiki is advanced enough"

Last edited:
Could there potentially be a box where you must fill in why you have given the vote? Then if there were concerns about lazy voting you could just check the log and see why people voted the way they did
I don't think so. My apologies.

On the subject of categories again, I was thinking that some of them should be deleted like Fallen Angels. I mean, we already have the term Demons on this wiki, and demons in a sense are the same thing as fallen angels. And for Immortality Users, we already have the category Immortals on this wiki, so what's the point in even adding this category? As for Bugs/Insects, one of the two I believe needs to go as here on the wiki they're basically the same thing.
It is very possible, but only genuinely redundant categories should be removed or renamed, and this is the wrong thread for submitting such requests.

Only OP will be in full control and if someone doesn't count votes we can always report them, It'll much quicker than manually counting votes.
Also it should be optional if people wanna use it then fine if not then nope.
Maybe a sandbox test "if the wiki is advanced enough"
I do not think that it would be practical, for my above-mentioned reasons. My apologies.

That'd quickly get abused to insert stuff extremely out of the purposes of the site and blur its intent.
I mean, I know it's not the site's intent. That's the point. But it allows more opportunity for verse supporters to show their verses/characters as more than a set of arbitrary powers and numbers. And even at its worst, the section would take up about 10% of the page, so the intent of the site would still be very clear.

Like, if I add a footnote to Yukari Yakumo's page mentioning how she's based on Lafcadio Hearn, do you think anybody is honestly going to look at that and go "oh, so this isn't a powerscaling wiki after all"?

This probably won't get accepted but is it possible to add an optional trivia section to character profiles, similar to what other wikis have? Would just be a place to put interesting yet non-VS relevant things.
That'd quickly get abused to insert stuff extremely out of the purposes of the site and blur its intent.
I mean, I know it's not the site's intent. That's the point. But it allows more opportunity for verse supporters to show their verses/characters as more than a set of arbitrary powers and numbers. And even at its worst, the section would take up about 10% of the page, so the intent of the site would still be very clear.

Like, if I add a footnote to Yukari Yakumo's page mentioning how she's based on Lafcadio Hearn, do you think anybody is honestly going to look at that and go "oh, so this isn't a powerscaling wiki after all"?
I don't particularly mind this suggestion, but we would need clear specific standard format page instructions regarding what exactly that is allowed to be added in this manner.

@Damage3245 @DarkDragonMedeus @AKM sama

What do you think?

I'm opposed to a trivia section. 95% of information that could be put there would be irrelevant to a VS battles perspective and would require extra work from other editors and staff to double-check the information.

Okay. That makes sense. Never mind then. Thank you for the evaluation.

Yeah, if it's Vs debating stuff, I don't think trivia section is necessary. Though didn't we used to have community polls on the main page?

The polls function was removed by Fandom, so we had to drop it, but the old results are still linked to in our wiki's front page.

This probably won't get accepted, but it would be cool to have a 'member of the month' where every month someone who's contributed a lot to the wiki (whether it be in the form of calcs, revisions, edits, or so on) gets a shout out post in announcements and maybe a special label? Similar to how we do staff promotions, but only for a month (the user wouldn't get any extra privileges or anything, though).

Really I guess the main issue would be how the members are chosen.

Feels like we'd run out of groundbreaking members after a time. Also feels like it might sting if someone felt they deserved such a shoutout and never got one. Everyone's productivity is appreciated.

Feels like we'd run out of groundbreaking members after a time. Also feels like it might sting if someone felt they deserved such a shoutout and never got one. Everyone's productivity is appreciated.
I mean... That's only 12 users a year. Even if we assume there are only like 30 members who'd ever qualify (and that's a pretty big lowball), that's still 2 and a half years worth. And that's not even including new people who'd join and make notable contributions.

Also I don't necessarily think people getting butthurt over not getting chosen would be a problem? I haven't seen that sort of thing in regards to staff promotions at least, and this is kinda similar, since it's also based on the contributions a person makes. I don't see a problem with acknowledging those who go above and beyond, but if I'm the minority opinion then so be it.

Last edited:
I would say that there are indeed hurt feelings over some of the staff promotion threads, and those aren't even necessarily the wiki saying "this person has done an objectively better job than you have". And uh... I suppose you and I probably just have different meanings of who'd qualify as noteworthy. Most of the noteworthy folks in the wiki's development are retired or banned. We have some left, but I dunno if its 30. I sure as **** ain't in there lol.

I am inclined to agree with Bambu. There would be a lot of hurt feelings and repetitions from our staff and honorary staff members constantly receiving awards for contributing a lot, and it would also be unnecessary work for us to constantly make selections.

Fandom has an editor of the month system though. Damage3245 and Elizhaa have respectively won it once, for example.

I would say that there are indeed hurt feelings over some of the staff promotion threads, and those aren't even necessarily the wiki saying "this person has done an objectively better job than you have". And uh... I suppose you and I probably just have different meanings of who'd qualify as noteworthy. Most of the noteworthy folks in the wiki's development are retired or banned. We have some left, but I dunno if its 30. I sure as **** ain't in there lol.
I didn't mean it had to specifically be someone who's contributed a lot over their entire wiki career. Just over the relatively short timeframe of a single month. Thus, it's less likely that people will feel like they're being 'cheated' out of the position, because everyone is more or less on an even playing field due to not taking past actions into account. Doesn't even have to be stuff that improves the wiki as a whole, could just be simpler things like putting in a lot of effort to clean up a verse.

It would be very hard to constantly properly keep track of the quality of all the recnt contributions, and if somebody (such as Mariogoods or Dereck03) competently genuinely helps out to an extreme degree, and we notice it, we eventually suggest them for promotions.

There are tons of people making contributions though, and not all of them will get promoted to staff. In some cases, people would just reject a potential promotion for personal reasons (you mentioned Mariogood, who IIRC has done this before).

Yes, but Mariogoods has helped out to an extreme degree in recent months and can become a content moderator any time he wants to, so I used him as an example.

It would be nice to have an all around thread where you can post a profile and ask around in that thread if people have any vs matchup suggestions, people have made pages for doing this with specific verses but an “Official Versus Match-Making Thread” would be really helpful for finding good matches

Well, I suppose that it wouldn't cause any harm, but we would not be able to make it an official pinned wiki management forum thread, just an inofficial for fun one.

Back