• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
d4l8p31zqe571.jpg

Straight from Reddit

I think Bang's fight with Garou will serve as definite proof that Garou surpassed him in WSRSF mastery
Edit: maybe Garou also steals some ultimate technique from wsrsf that bang never taught him/used in front of him.

His glove would prob be melted, but VFU couldn't even ******* dream of hurting Saitama. Idk if we can go as far as saying he has a default resistance to every ability in the series even if he hasn't resisted it, but still.

Saitama in-story follows the rule of funny. So if he gets affected it would likely only be his clothes, or he gets very disgusted and takes psychological damage

Nah, I don't think even in-universe ONE intends for Saitama to be literally unbeatable. ONE has said himself that the point of Saitama is that, unlike most Shonen MC's who need to grow throughout the story, Saitama's power is already what he should have at the end of the series. If you put current Goku back in the OG Dragon Ball or current Naruto back in the OG Naruto, they'd also one shot anything there. Saitama has endgame power at the start of the series. That's how he parodies Shonen anime, not just "haha he big funny he one shot people". As for the whole gag thing...honestly at best, I could only see it being a thing where ONE might have originally intended for Saitama to be a practically omnipotent gag character, but as the story progresses, we see many times that Saitama is actually a serious character with his own character arc. Saitama's character arc is literally about his own pseudo-apathy and depression caused by his overwhelming strength, that's not what you'd see in a gag character.

Take the Boros fight for instance. Numerous times in the battle, Saitama is surprised and even blatantly impressed by Boros, not only calling him strong on multiple occasions to Boros, but also referring to him as a strong opponent afterwards. When he gets kicked to the moon in the manga version, he even says that it's almost like a real fight. We know that Boros is a parallel to Saitama. Someone who became so strong in search of the thrill of combat that he became too strong. So much so that no one was a worthy opponent for him. We even have implications that Meteoric Burst temporarily breaks Boros' limiter, and in the OPM Compus (which I don't think is inaccurate so much as it has a single big mistranslation), it's even said that MB Boros "sort of clobbered" Saitama. And lastly, when Saitama walks away from Boros with his eyes shaded, his head downwards, and Boros weakly calling out his name with his dying breath...like, who thinks that was supposed to be funny? The reason why Saitama looks like that is because, unlike Boros who achieved his dream of a challenging fight against a powerful foe, Saitama still was unable to really try, he was still not challenged. He could've ended the fight whenever he wanted to and didn't take seemingly any actual damage (unless you trust the cover that states he took damage from one of Boros' attacks). Boros was in Saitama's general league, but he still wasn't close to Saitama's level. And naturally, the fact that Saitama encountered someone this strong, someone who had gone through the same boredom as him, but still couldn't be provided an actual challenge, only furthered Saitama's depression, as it likely seemed then and there that he would truly never find a rival of his own.

We see more of this in the Hero Hunter arc of course, with Saitama's talk to King. Saitama believes he has reached the pinnacle. There is nothing left for him anymore, there is no more room for him to grow. The conversation is ended off on a comedic note and hasn't been addressed very much since then, but Saitama's current character arc is very real, and will be explored more in the future.

I having a sneaking suspicion that God will be the only legitimate challenge that Saitama faces. Like, if Boros was “almost a real fight,” God would be a real fight.

Does anyone here read/watch One Piece? I've been catching up on it and that got me thinking. How would the MA fair if transported to the world of One Piece? Let's say they got transported along with their entire base and all its members during the 2 year time skip with the goal of wiping out humanity and recruiting new members. How much of an impact would they have? Would any of them get devil fruits and what devil fruits would best suit them? Would any of them get haki? Who do u think would join them? What would the bounties of some of the members like the Executives and Orochi be? I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Nope, theres no reason for it. Gery's speed isn't getting changed, so he is still relativistic, which would still keep the scaling chain.
Relativistic for attack speed is staying, but relativistic for reaction and combat speed is being removed. So tatsumaki will lose possibly relativistic

Nah, I don't think even in-universe ONE intends for Saitama to be literally unbeatable. ONE has said himself that the point of Saitama is that, unlike most Shonen MC's who need to grow throughout the story, Saitama's power is already what he should have at the end of the series. If you put current Goku back in the OG Dragon Ball or current Naruto back in the OG Naruto, they'd also one shot anything there. Saitama has endgame power at the start of the series. That's how he parodies Shonen anime, not just "haha he big funny he one shot people". As for the whole gag thing...honestly at best, I could only see it being a thing where ONE might have originally intended for Saitama to be a practically omnipotent gag character, but as the story progresses, we see many times that Saitama is actually a serious character with his own character arc. Saitama's character arc is literally about his own pseudo-apathy and depression caused by his overwhelming strength, that's not what you'd see in a gag character.

Take the Boros fight for instance. Numerous times in the battle, Saitama is surprised and even blatantly impressed by Boros, not only calling him strong on multiple occasions to Boros, but also referring to him as a strong opponent afterwards. When he gets kicked to the moon in the manga version, he even says that it's almost like a real fight. We know that Boros is a parallel to Saitama. Someone who became so strong in search of the thrill of combat that he became too strong. So much so that no one was a worthy opponent for him. We even have implications that Meteoric Burst temporarily breaks Boros' limiter, and in the OPM Compus (which I don't think is inaccurate so much as it has a single big mistranslation), it's even said that MB Boros "sort of clobbered" Saitama. And lastly, when Saitama walks away from Boros with his eyes shaded, his head downwards, and Boros weakly calling out his name with his dying breath...like, who thinks that was supposed to be funny? The reason why Saitama looks like that is because, unlike Boros who achieved his dream of a challenging fight against a powerful foe, Saitama still was unable to really try, he was still not challenged. He could've ended the fight whenever he wanted to and didn't take seemingly any actual damage (unless you trust the cover that states he took damage from one of Boros' attacks). Boros was in Saitama's general league, but he still wasn't close to Saitama's level. And naturally, the fact that Saitama encountered someone this strong, someone who had gone through the same boredom as him, but still couldn't be provided an actual challenge, only furthered Saitama's depression, as it likely seemed then and there that he would truly never find a rival of his own.

We see more of this in the Hero Hunter arc of course, with Saitama's talk to King. Saitama believes he has reached the pinnacle. There is nothing left for him anymore, there is no more room for him to grow. The conversation is ended off on a comedic note and hasn't been addressed very much since then, but Saitama's current character arc is very real, and will be explored more in the future.
Tbh, I feel like Saitama's arc is less finding a worthy opponent, but more or less gaining humanity again, making friends and stuff to find joy in his life.

Agreed with the Boros stuff. The Boros fight is not even a gag unlike every other Saitama fight. Really, I'd say it's kind of just... Sad in a way

And while I think it kinda sucks, I think the theory of Saitama never showing his true power may actually be a thing. Because really, it's not exactly that important to his story

I lowkey wanted to do a thread where ENW takes on the One Piece verse starting at East Blue. But I wanted to wait and see just how much water he can control first.

i wonder how haki would interact with it.
While it can neg elemental intangibility... what would ENW revert to? It has no real original form or weakspot.

It wouldn't do anything since it's original form is water like you said.
However Evil Natural water could neg other logias with seawater cannons potentially lol

Y'all know how genos learns from his past mistakes and upgrades his body to counter them? Like getting up from the wall thing?

I think he might be the one to defeat vomit fuhrer, as he probably learned from melting from DSK's acid. I hope this happens, he'll get resistance to corrosion inducement

His notebook is confirmed to be acid-proof, at least. (inb4 they beat FU by having Tatsumaki geryuganshoop the notebook in his head.)
He also didn't melt instantly while inside EC's stomach, but we have no idea on how potent it's stomach acid was.

Y'all know how genos learns from his past mistakes and upgrades his body to counter them? Like getting up from the wall thing?

I think he might be the one to defeat vomit fuhrer, as he probably learned from melting from DSK's acid. I hope this happens, he'll get resistance to corrosion inducement
DSK?

His notebook is confirmed to be acid-proof, at least. (inb4 they beat FU by having Tatsumaki geryuganshoop the notebook in his head.)
He also didn't melt instantly while inside EC's stomach, but we have no idea on how potent it's stomach acid was.
There's also the chance tatsumaki just yeets or destroys vomit fuhrer, which I honestly think she can

i mean, FU did snap out of her weakened TK in an earlier form. Genos Tatsumaki and possibly Pig God are the only ones capable of attacking him without getting instantly melted. HE too, if he decides to friendly fire.

Does anyone here read/watch One Piece? I've been catching up on it and that got me thinking. How would the MA fair if transported to the world of One Piece? Let's say they got transported along with their entire base and all its members during the 2 year time skip with the goal of wiping out humanity and recruiting new members. How much of an impact would they have? Would any of them get devil fruits and what devil fruits would best suit them? Would any of them get haki? Who do u think would join them? What would the bounties of some of the members like the Executives and Orochi be? I'm curious to see what you guys think.
This is a question for ZoronotZolo, he's something of a one-piece expert and obviously well-versed in OPM too

We don't really know if this is his peak yet. He might get stronger while fighting Bang (not including his full monster form).

Agreed, he'll likely evolve more after this, and likely even face against Fubuki and Golden Sperm later on. So to call it his peak is kind of a stretch.

I'd say "Pre-Awakened" or "Post Dark shine" is better

I hope SM comes back so he can be rated low 7-B via fighting vomited FU he never has went full strength even for his human form iirc since his fight right after was against FU who nerfed him via being ugly. I don't even think he needs to beat FU, just contend with him for a decent while.

I hope SM comes back so he can be rated low 7-B via fighting vomited FU he never has went full strength even for his human form iirc since his fight right after was against FU who nerfed him via being ugly. I don't even think he needs to beat FU, just contend with him for a decent while.
I think SM will come back and earn his low 7-B rating again. I think redraws might also help him in that department somehow, perhaps by explaining that Fuhrer was already buffed when he came to the surface

Do you guys think Garou is conscious right now? He's only been screaming this fight and threw a punch at Fubuki that resembles the one that decapitated Royal Ripper 5 transformations ago. Him not talking and going for the kill on what is basically a bystander seems like a clear indication that Garou is in a different state of mind. He still has his skill, so I'm not sure if it's a monsterification thing or what

Last edited:
Back