• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As for Bomb/Bang it looks like the current scaling is that they're just outright better than Darkshine striking wise. Bang seemingly just held back on DS by a rather large amount.
I think this makes sense. Bang likely wasn't bloodlusted on Darkshine when they sparred. And IIRC, Bang never actually attempted to harm Darkshine, he just redirected his attacks, so it all fits

Bomb didn't hurt Garou with his attacks though. Even when he landed solid blows, it did no more than stagger Garou. And no, we don't know what happened when Bang fought Darkshine, just that Darkshine was extremely outclassed in terms of skill but never actually took damage. Saying Bomb and Bang have higher raw AP than Darkshine of all people just sounds absurd and goes against all of the scaling we've seen up to now.

Bomb didn't hurt Garou with his attacks though. Even when he landed solid blows, it did no more than stagger Garou. And no, we don't know what happened when Bang fought Darkshine, just that Darkshine was extremely outclassed in terms of skill but never actually took damage. Saying Bomb and Bang have higher raw AP than Darkshine of all people just sounds absurd and goes against all of the scaling we've seen up to now.
Never mind what I said prior, I just realized how messed it'd be considering it's implied that they needed the two of them to harm EC. Who is the baseline for the 7-B scaling

Still tho, this might add further justification that their martial arts allows them to at least contend or keep up with opponents much stronger to them

Never mind what I said prior, I just realized how messed it'd be considering it's implied that they needed the two of them to harm EC. Who is the baseline for the 7-B scaling

Still tho, this might add further justification that their martial arts allows them to at least contend or keep up with opponents much stronger to them
Been saying that for the longest

You forget that Bomb’s AP was directly shown to be matching that of Garou’s though. Him not harming Garou just means Garou’s durability is greater than his AP, something we already accept with Half-Monster Garou.

You forget that Bomb’s AP was directly shown to be matching that of Garou’s though. Him not harming Garou just means Garou’s durability is greater than his AP, something we already accept with Half-Monster Garou.
Could have been garou matching his in order to counter attack.

It just makes no sense for Bomb and Bang, who were previously unable to harm anyone at this level and only showed High-Demon to Low-Dragon capabilities at best, to suddenly be strong enough to contend with High-Dragon's even in terms of just raw strength.

I love how it's stated at the end of the chapter that it ain't AG yet and it calls out the YouTube thumbnails

Also I think the reason I like the new Garou design so much is because he reminds me of my boi

I feel like we should wait until next chapter to determine it for certain though. Bang and Garou are going to fight soon. When that happens, we'll know for sure how they compare.

When? And if that is the case, I think it could also be argued as an outlier.
Multiple times throughout the fight. Bomb blocked Garou’s attack, caught his fist when he tried to punch Fubuki, sent him flying with his own punch, and traded blows with him for an entire page.

Whether it’s an outlier is a different question (even though Bomb, Bang and Darkshine are all the same tier so like-), but to say Bomb isn’t contending with Garou’s AP here would be disingenuous.

All of those aside from the third one could easily be considered skill based. Him blocking Garou's attacks on numerous occasions without even flinching is contradictory to how he gets two shotted when Garou actually lands hits on him. He was two shotted and never actually harmed Garou, so to say he is for certain on par with Garou's AP is not true.

Wait what
If you click on your pfp on the site, you’ll see an option called ‘My Preferences.’ Click on that, and there should be an option called ‘Appearance.’ Click on that, and under the category ‘Skin’ then click on the option called Oasis. That’ll make the site have its original appearance.

Of course, I'm not saying they're incomparable, Bomb at least has somewhat relative strength to be able to do literally any of this, let alone stagger Garou with one of his kicks. I'm just saying they aren't equal, nor does this make Bomb stronger than Darkshine.

All of those aside from the third one could easily be considered skill based.
Catching someone’s fist while they’re in the middle of a punch is blatantly AP.
Him blocking Garou's attacks on numerous occasions without even flinching is contradictory to how he gets two shotted when Garou actually lands hits on him
Bang literally tanks one of Garou’s strikes after they swap hands with each other. And I think you’re forgetting that Garou, y’know, gets stronger as he fights.
He was two shotted and never actually harmed Garou, so to say he is for certain on par with Garou's AP is not true.
Nothing you just mentioned has anything to do with Bang’s AP. Bang getting defeated at the end, Garou simply got stronger as we know he does. Garou not taking damage, literally durability, and we’ve seen that Garou’s durability is far greater than his AP.
Of course, I'm not saying they're incomparable, Bomb at least has somewhat relative strength to be able to do literally any of this, let alone stagger Garou with one of his kicks. I'm just saying they aren't equal.
I never said they were equal either, I’m just saying that Bomb absolutely scales here.

Still contradictory to him getting two shotted either way.

You mean Bomb? And I said two shotted, not one shotted. The first blow after they had a brief clash did considerable damage to Bomb. Every time Garou starts to get stronger, literally every single time, we either see the improvement first-hand, or it's directly stated by a character. There was none of that here.

Nothing implying he closed the gap fast enough to two shot Bang who was supposedly equal to him only moments before, that's bordering on headcanon. "Garou's durability is far greater than his AP" Based on what? You've been saying this but I don't understand the argument.

You're saying Bomb>Darkshine by saying that his AP is on par with Garou.

Still contradictory to him getting two shotted either way.
No, it’s literally not. Bomb catching his fist = AP. Bomb getting two-shotted = durability. These are two different things.
You mean Bomb? And I said two shotted, not one shotted. The first blow after they had a brief clash did considerable damage to Bomb.
Bomb is literally just sweating. That’s not “considerable damage.”
Every time Garou starts to get stronger, literally every single time, we either see the improvement first-hand, or it's directly stated by a character. There was none of that here.
He still has that ability though, we’re not gonna act like it’s not a thing just because there isn’t a statement about it.
Nothing implying he closed the gap fast enough to two shot Bang who was supposedly equal to him only moments before, that's bordering on headcanon.
I literally never said Bomb was equal to Garou though, so…
"Garou's durability is far greater than his AP" Based on what? You've been saying this but I don't understand the argument.
Rover. Garou had barely become a Dragon level (Low 7-B) when he encountered Rover, yet he didn’t get instantly pulverized by his attacks (Low 7-B, possibly 7-A).
You're saying Bomb>Darkshine by saying that his AP is on par with Garou.
Y’know, the funny thing is that I didn’t once say Bomb > Darkshine. I just said that Bomb’s AP scales to Garou’s.

I suggested pre awakened before. But that might be a stretch I guess. It's the best I can think of tho
What about Asleep Awakened Garou? This is likely Garou's final form, but heavily nerfed because he is asleep. So I think Asleep Awakened Garou is the best we can do, despite it being an oxymoron.

No, it’s literally not. Bomb catching his fist = AP. Bomb getting two-shotted = durability. These are two different things.

Bomb is literally just sweating. That’s not “considerable damage.”

He still has that ability though, we’re not gonna act like it’s not a thing just because there isn’t a statement about it.

I literally never said Bomb was equal to Garou though, so…

Rover. Garou had barely become a Dragon level (Low 7-B) when he encountered Rover, yet he didn’t get instantly pulverized by his attacks (Low 7-B, possibly 7-A).

Y’know, the funny thing is that I didn’t once say Bomb > Darkshine. I just said that Bomb’s AP scales to Garou’s.
So now we're also assuming that Bomb's AP is just massively higher than his durability, as well? Making a lot of guesses here.

His cheek is temporarily demorfed from the punch, he's breathing heavily and sweating, and we see scuff marks on his face. Garou shows none of that and looks like he's in peak condition, then the next blow after Garou counters his next attack splatters his blood and takes him out. Overall, it definitely looks like a low diff fight for Garou, whereas Bomb could only keep up for a short amount of time. But nope, not because of skill.

The fight literally doesn't even last a minute and Garou is barely struggling, with absolutely zero implications whatsoever that Garou improved to any relevant degree. it's literally a theory at best.

That's literally what we're arguing about.

Garou was worried about dying from the attacks, and was severely wounded when he took one directly. He only lasted due to his inhuman endurance.

That is literally what this entire argument is about. If you don't think that Darkshine is weaker than Bomb because of this chapter then the argument is almost pointless.

Back