• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That is literally what this entire argument is about. If you don't think that Darkshine is weaker than Bomb because of this chapter then the argument is almost pointless.
I thought I made it pretty clear that I was arguing about Bomb scaling to Garou here, nothing about Darkshine, but mkay.

Tbh, I kinda wish more important deaths happened in OPM, while deaths do happen, like the A city massacre, which is the biggest kill count we've seen so far, none of it really feels very impactful, like everyone literally forgot A city was gone after a week

Darkshine will probably be getting some permanent chemical burns after this.
Remember how he wore a shirt in the gym after he retired?
In the manga his scars might be the real cause

The Acid vs Everyone:
Screenshot_20210614-213145.png
Screenshot_20210614-213214.png
Screenshot_20210614-213237.png

The Acid vs Darkshine
Screenshot_20210614-213159.png

Yeah yes, Darkshine has resistence to acid manipulation

We already had human deaths in this arc, even disregarding how Amai casually killed 6 people, one of the Narinki Squad members got killed by ENW. Although no doubt that this guy had it the worst, and he was also more relevant than any of those guys, although obviously still irrelevant.

I support limited resistance. If he fully tanked it it'd be a resistance, but since he just had a slightly negated effect it should be limited.

Tbf to Darkshine though, everyone else either was touched by something FU did as a ranged attack, or touched him briefly, Darkshine straight up had his fists against FU's own for an extended period and then had a large amount of acid shot onto his chest. He was taking much more than the others.

What does limited resistance even mean?

Resistance isn't immunity, you're either resistance to the acid or not. Fuhrer's acid can go straight through a human head almost instantly, while it doesn't make a hole in Darkshine's body. He should have acid resistance, I don't see how limited resistance even makes sense. All forms of resistance are limited, because any type of resistance can be bypassed, not unless it's actual immunity.

He has resistance, just not enough to completely protect him from Fuhrer's acid. Maybe if it was the weakest acid in the world, but even then I'd question limited resistance.

It depends on how strong we determine FU's acid to be, and how it compares to normal acid manipulation. Also, yeah limited doesn't really work, what we meant was "minor acid resistance".

The thing is that Darkshine doesn't take no damage or minor damage, his skin is melted off and he is severely wounded. I imagine the injuries he suffered alone are so bad that he'll be out of commission for maybe even a chapter or two at the least. To call that an outright resistance with no additional notes doesn't feel right to me. He was still very badly hurt, it's just that, unlike everyone else, it didn't kill him.

Darkahine resisted an acid that melted metal and the flesh of characters comparable to Atomic Samurai. So compared to the acid manipulation of characters like a demon from Kimetsu, which just melts people's flesh bit by bit, Darkahine would obviously resiste easily. It's not immunity, it's just resistance

What you're not getting is that it did melt him. He didn't take it then keep on going with minor burn injuries, we can literally see the bones in his fingers because of how much it destroyed his skin. Even if it's stronger than normal, not mentioning the fact that he suffered greatly from it is ridiculous.

unknown.png

unknown.png

In the first one, right after they exchange blows, we can see the bones in his fingers due to his flesh being melted. In the second one which is after he was also spit on, he's rolling around in extreme agony trying to dull the pain however he can, and even there we can also see the bones in his fingers if you look closely.

Darkahine resisted an acid that melted metal and the flesh of characters comparable to Atomic Samurai.
Let us not assume that Zanbai is comparable to Atomic Samurai considering he shit his pants after Haragiri became a monster and was about to kill him. But we can agree that Atomic Samurai could have been done for if the acid hit his head like Zanbai.

Atomic Sandbag isn't that impressive durability wise for S-Class standards though. he was pretty badly wounded from his fight with BS, and otherwise he has no feats in that regard. Even then, Zanbai is not on Atomic's level. But yeah it's clearly stronger than normal acid. I don't think that's enough to just give him blatant resistance though.

That's still resistance, it's not minor or limited. Such phrasing isn't needed, someone who was shown to be resistance to fire can be easily vaporized by a fire user with zero effort. Doesn't mean his resistance to fire should be labeled as minor or limited. Resistance is just resistance, there shouldn't be any limited or minor since it's always going to be limited. Unless it's the weakest possible acid in the world, I don't see how it's minor resistance.

Even pure sulfuric acid cannot eat through a body like that, even days in that type of acid wouldn't completely get rid of the body. Fuhrer's acid melted straight through a human head in a second at most, even super acids wouldn't go through a human like that.

Think of it like a character's flames being capable of vaporizing a human instantly, but someone is able to survive it but still gets burned. That'd still be flame resistance, since the character isn't vaporized by temperatures that can vaporize a human.

Acid is dura negation, it doesn't matter how durable the person is. There is no reason to ever label resistance as limited, as ALL resistances are limited.

Well, this is going to be a back and forth argument if I keep going so I'll just give it a rest and go with resistance. Mainly cause it honestly doesn't matter too much. The other changes from this chapter are far more important.

Yeah, Darkshine should get acid resistance and FU should get acid-manipulation/dura-neg with said acid, going off what I know about weak acids (which despite the name, are actually more dangerous).

FU's acid looks even more dangerous than a base, which is pretty crazy

Also looking at it now, I don't think the new monster Garou would need a new key or something, just replace the latest half monster key and we're good.

Also, Initial Half Monster Garou is now either the strongest Demon or a demon or above (Even tho that's not a real thing) so take that as you will.

Also, Initial Half Monster Garou is now either the strongest Demon or a demon or above (Even tho that's not a real thing) so take that as you will.
This is reasonable. The only other competition for this slot would be transformed bug god. If by initial half monster Garou we mean Garou after he wakes up post royal ripper

Speaking of Garou, could we please change part of his page to say "Resistance to Telekinesis"? I cringe every time I'm there and see "Resistance to Psychic".

is anyone wondering how the **** fuhrer ugly is able to stand on ground? his feet are covered in acid as well so the concrete should just melt away and he should just fall through the ground. PLOT HOLEEEE

i dont really like this vomit form. i really wish fuhrer ugly would have just transformed into his mutated form like in the webcomic

Man, Bug God is so underrated when you think about it. Attacks from Garou and Royal Ripper did literally nothing at all to him whatsoever. No damage, he didn't even flinch. Iirc, a casual punch from him was also able to send Garou flying into a power line or whatever it's called. And that was all in his base form. His transformed state is presumably significantly above his base form. There's no doubt in my mind that Bug God at his peak was a Low-Dragon. Also goes to show even further just how impressive Darkshine is to casually one shot a Low-Dragon level Monster that's fully centered around its durability. Also means that Spiral Garou should be able to do the same, which also shows how impressive Garou's reactive evolution can be when he's really put to the test. Going from a High-Demon that couldn't even remotely phase base Bug God to having enough power to casually one shot a transformed version of him in, like, a few fights that only spanned across a couple day time span? Garou is ******* broken.

Back