• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyway, I thought Sub-Rel speed was from Psykos scaling, not just Garou's reflexes
I didn't notice this.

Is it? In my opinion, Psykos beam was accepted as MHS+. I was told that recently it was accepted that Sub-Relativistic for dodging Psycos beam was unjustified, because Tatsumaki is not so casually and not so close to it reacts to the beams.

Tats didn't casually dodge them enough, or at least she wasn't above psykorochi in speed enough to be considered to Sub-Rel

To be honest, it seems to me that taking the timeframe in that scene as 1 second is wank.

Even Lightning Max managed to observe the beam from a distance for several seconds.

Because they were far away? That was discussed before, we used the average human timeframe for people to react to find the speed

To be honest, it seems to me that taking the timeframe in that scene as 1 second is wank.

Even Lightning Max managed to observe the beam from a distance for several seconds.
I'm the guy who made the 1 second calc if you're referring to the beam speed in general. Why would a character with superhuman reaction times need several seconds to process a large explosion that is a couple dozen kilometers distant? Realistically, a regular human would not even need a full second to respond to a giant bright flash that lasts for a moment. The longer we make the time frame, the more explanations we have to make to explain who is doing what and how. Personally I think the beams travelled the distance in under a second, but I understand that many people will have interpreted the scene as taking longer

We should stop relying on the whole "wait for the anime" thing. Let's be real with ourselves, at this rate the psykorochi fight will be animated over half a decade later.

@Ourosboros

As I recall, you are very good at calculating with the deflagration method. Here I calculated the width of the Genos beam 157.520523498 meters.

And in this scan, the beam is incredibly thin compared to the explosion. Do you think it is possible to use the deflagration method here? The explosion feels like the purest bundle of energy.

Gf9TAE5D69c.jpg

We should stop relying on the whole "wait for the anime" thing. Let's be real with ourselves, at this rate the psykorochi fight will be animated over half a decade later.
Then, in a couple of days I will try to start this topic. I will say all my arguments FOR a timeframe in a few seconds.

@Ourosboros

As I recall, you are very good at calculating with the deflagration method. Here I calculated the width of the Genos beam 157.520523498 meters.

And in this scan, the beam is incredibly thin compared to the explosion. Do you think it is possible to use the deflagration method here? The explosion feels like the purest bundle of energy.

Gf9TAE5D69c.jpg
I can calc it with deflagration, but using the beam width would be unreliable as we can see the beams growing wider as they arc up towards the explosion (and the origin point of the beams is cut off in the feat panel)- I can however scale it to the clouds. Someone please remind me in a few days, I am finishing up moving now

I can calc it with deflagration, but using the beam width would be unreliable as we can see the beams growing wider as they arc up towards the explosion (and the origin point of the beams is cut off in the feat panel)
If the rays become wider, does it mean that this enhances the result? Thanks anyway.

I can however scale it to the clouds
Sounds interesting. I have no idea what it will look like.

Someone please remind me in a few days, I am finishing up moving now
Ok.

Lmao how did you get this one, I'd like to take a look at this method. Not saying it's wrong but maybe I could learn something from it
Well. This method was an experiment. To some extent comic. I made it out of pure interest.

I thought, what if the beam of Genos becomes evenly larger? I got that at the very bottom of the page the beam width is 1.4 pixels. And closer to the explosion itself, there are already 6.4 pixels. And then, I found the distance between them (15 kilometers). I assumed that every 15 kilometers the beam becomes 4.5 times larger than it was. I assumed that they are at an altitude of 90 kilometers.

As a result, I got that the width of the explosion is three times the diameter of our planet.

I love calculations.

To be honest, I was surprised that only Saitama had Level 0 on April 1st.

I mean, it would be even funnier if Boros got 5-B. It would be cruel.

With all the downgrades for speed that's bouta happened, at least we still have Rel+ Boros and Saitama. And FTL for just Saitama

To be honest, this is pretty weird. Boros needs an aura to move at nearly the speed of light and not burn up in the atmosphere. But at the same time, according to calculations, Flash is not much slower than him. It is close enough in speed to Boros.

Back