• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darling in the Franxx Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migue79

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hello, everyone! I'm back with yet another CRT. This time it will be a much more lengthier one, given the focus will be giving the profiles of this verse an overhaul in stats and abilities given the justifications lacking, scaling outdated, and calculations being... notably janky to put it veeeery lightly.

So... First things first, to revise the existing stats of the FranXX mechs.
  • At the moment, Base Strelizia and the other mechs are currently rated at Small Town level+ via this calc. However, this has problems, mainly the flawed pixelscaling which assumes the Klaxosaur is the same size as Strelizia when that's wrong: the latter is literally dwarfed by the former in size. Other problems like if the cloud really is a cloud and not just a dust cloud which affects the results, perspective, etc. Thankfully, I have calculated a new and more reliable feat which should buff their Attack Potency and Durability from Small Town level+ to Small City level+. Speed and Lifting Strength should remain the same for the mentioned characters due to feats being calculated to be the same region as their existing ratings in the blog above.
  • Not going to lie, I found it hilarious to see 2 ratings for Red Strelizia, and the same rating for the other mechs' 'Updated' keys as their 'Original' ones when the former's feats haven't been properly calculated, and the latter have scaling that justify them having higher scaling lol
    • Red Strelizia: The nuke feat has been re-calculated from Large Island level to Mountain level here, and a cloud dispersion feat has been calculated to Island level here. Therefore, her "Mountain level, likely Large Island level" rating must be changed to just "Island level" with only the cloud dispersal feat justifying it due to being the more impressive of the two and being a more direct one at that. That and her Speed needs to be downgraded from Hypersonic to Supersonic+ given the feat that was used to justify the former rating was calculated in the same blog to be in the region of the latter rating.
    • Other FranXX Mechs: This should be easy and straightforward. They were able to defeat VIRM ships that could one-shot any klaxosaur, when nukes of Mountain level power were needed to put down the VERY FIRST KLAXOSAUR to ever emerge. Therefore, they should at least get Mountain level ratings. Their speed ratings and justifications are fine, however. Those don't need to be changed.
  • Here is where the jankiness of Strelizia's profile shows and where my disappointment starts to grow: her Apus Strelizia key is Large Planet level from a calc that was rejected long ago. She should've realistically just upscaled from her previous key's stats. Instead, the rating stayed. Fortunately, the explosions that were produced from her fighting VIRM in Mars were properly calculated to Island level+ here. That and a speed feat was calculated to FTL in the blog as well, which I feel should scale to Apus Strelizia due to being superior to said klaxosaur and the fact that she herself flew there too after her consciousness merged with the mech. So her overall ratings should be Island level+ for AP and Durability and FTL in speed with none of the other FranXX mechs really scaling to her.
  • Finally, True Apus Strelizia's AP/Durability should be downgraded as well. This time to Country level via this calc, and she should also have the justification behind her LS updated with the new calc in the blog as well.
And finally, I would like to propose the introduction of keys for the parasites (yes, that's what the mech pilots are called lol) for the sake of indexing. For the moment, most of them should be Normal Human level in AP/Dura, speed, stamina and other categories, except for Zero Two who will be Street level for having a Superhuman feat of her own calculated here, as well as Athletic Human speed and Hiro who will have Very High stamina for lasting a long time with a sickness that was killing him and piloting after not eating for a long time. The former should also have Acrobatics for self explanatory reasons, Martial Arts Expertise and Curse Manipulation for using a curse to leech the lives of other parasites, and the latter should have Low Regeneration from regenerating from a sickness that was killing him in an instant. And... that's all.

I am a bit sad that these profiles were flawed and lacking, and that nobody was able to point it out until now. No one is to blame, to be fair. There are so many profiles that are in need of some updating that others tend to be forgotten. But alas, here I am fixing these up.

I have long applied these revisions. Gonna request this to get closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back