• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will finally do it. Recently, I finished my, as some say, "crusade" on OPM speeds. As it turned out, all the feats on the MHS and MHS+ were greatly overestimated. Especially Garou's Sub-Relativistic Reaction... I made some recalcs and they were accepted. Some are still awaiting approval.

All recalculated feats and new calcs:
Scale to: Tatsumaki, Psykorochi, Orochi (All forms), Genos Post-Elder Centipede, Psykos (Jet Transformation), Bang, Bomb, Atomic Samurai, King (Possibly FTL), Drive Knight, Nyan, Tanktop Master (Monster Association Arc (Enhanced by Fubuki). Only for attack speed), Lord Boros (Power Sealed and Power Unsealed), Geryuganshoop, Melzalgald, Groribas, Black Sperm, Overgrown Rover.

Gums attacked Genos from behind. It doesn't make sense to scale his speed to that of Genos.

• Garou has a slightly less good reaction than everyone thought — Previously, this was the only source of Sub-Relativistic (0.012c) speeds for OPM characters. Now, this is either High Hypersonic+ or Massively Hypersonic. We need to wait for a response from Jasonsith and at least one more calc member. Then it will be decided whether it is MHS or HH+.
Scale to: Half Monster Garou, Gyoro Gyoro and Psykos, Superalloy Darkshine, Carnage Kabuto, Gouketsu.

Here I may have forgotten someone.

• Hydrated DSK moves among the slowed-down raindrops — Most High Mid-Tiers OPM characters should scale from this. Previously, this calculation gave Mach 774, Massively Hypersonic. But the Sea King had Massively Hypersonic+, because he was not completely wet. Now, this feat has been targeted at 44.08 Mach (High Hypersonic). Considering that it was not a completely wet Sea King, his wet version should have one and a half times more, that is, 66.12 Machs (High Hypersonic+). After that, USklaverei posted another version of this calculation, where he got the result in Mach 877 (Massively Hypersonic). I disagree with this method through the anime and no one has accepted it yet, but you need to be prepared for the fact that it will be used instead of my version. This is a downgrade of many characters, but not much as my version.
Scale to: Hydrated Deep Sea King, Sonic Pre-Training and Post-Training, Child Emperor and Brave Giant, Pig God, Watchdog Man, Genos Post-G4 and Post-Superfight, Metal Bat, Tanktop Master Pre-Monster Association Arc, Pri-Pri-Prisoner (Monster Association Arc), Human Garou, Vaccine Man (Both forms), Beefcake, Pluton (Only "possibly"), Kabuto (Base), Bakuzan, Elder Centipede, Homeless Emperor (only with energy spheres), Evil Natural Water, Fuhrer Ugly, Gums, Phoenix Man (Resurrection), Awakened Cockroach, Bug God (All forms), Royal Ripper, G5.

Perhaps I got something wrong here.

• Iaian moves very fast, but not as fast as everyone thought — Previously, this calculation was provided to all Mid-Tier and Low Mid-Tier Massively Hypersonic speed, somewhere around 386 Machs. But now, by a more reliable method, which one of the admins has already approved in the discussions, this feat at level 42.3 Mach (High Hypersonic).
Scale to: Iaian, Okamaitachi, Bushidrill, Sweet Mask, Fubuki (Monster Raid Arc and Monster Association Arc), Genos (BoS), Pri-Pri-Prisoner Pre-Monster Association Arc, Deep Sea King (Dry), Sky King, Beast King (All forms), Armored Gorilla, Mosquito Girl (All forms), G4, Rhino Wrestler Post-Training, Do-S, Devil Long Hair, Grizzly Nyah, Demonic Fan (Only "likely"), Choze, Suiryu.

Let's start a discussion.

This seems to be a content revision thread, right?
Should I move it to the content revision board?

"Using the calculated speed of a projectile to calculate the speed of a character dodging said projectile on the very same occasion is usually permitted, as long as the projectile wouldn't have changed its speed mid flight."

Note the words very same occasion. As an example, my calculation here is ok to use (unless the actual math is wrong) because Devilman is dodging the exact same beam that hit the moon, not just the exact same type from the exact same character. Basically, you can't apply this speed rating to Atomic Samurai's feat because it's not the same occasion.

Genos' beam feat is fine.

As I said, I disagree completely with this calc. It's not a waterjet, just a character using a waterjet-like attack to propel a projectile.

Neutral on the remaining two.

Last edited:
Note the words very same occasion. As an example, my calculation here is ok to use because Devilman is dodging the exact same beam that hit the moon, not just the exact same type from the exact same character. Basically, you can't apply this speed rating to Atomic Samurai's feat.
This is not the point. In this calculation, through a slightly strange animation, he received that while Sonic jumped several meters up – the Sea King moved his fist only 20 centimeters. I think it's best not to overuse it. No one even noticed that the Sea King managed to move his hand only 20 centimeters, because this is a fast animation. And through such a small thing we get that the result is 20 times more.

In addition, if Sonic is literally 20 times faster than the Sea King in that scene, then he would not be afraid of his speed.

I think that it was necessary to calculate how many meters remained for the Sea King to walk to reach the building on which Sonic was standing, and then find how many meters Sonic walked and thus compare them.

Instead of using animation features. It's the same as if we were giving Sonic a reaction somewhere Sub-Relativistic, because in some scenes in anime he manages to say a speech that is several sentences long, while his movements are static.

Basically, you can't apply this speed rating to Atomic Samurai's feat because it's not the same occasion.
I used a different method. I found the speed of her beams in that scene through the distance they flew after the Atomic Samurai reflected them. Everything here is legal and according to the rules of the site. Otherwise I would have gotten a relativistic result.

Again, Iaian's achievements are different and its calculation does not invalidate mine, the MHS calculation is still valid.

And what about Sonic's achievement to which you said you disagree, what would be the reason? You are using the anime version to find the DSK speed and I the Sonic dodge.

And what about Sonic's achievement to which you said you disagree, what would be the reason? You are using the anime version to find the DSK speed and I the Sonic dodge.
I have already explained everything a little higher in this Discussion. I am using an anime timeframe to find the slowing speed of raindrops. And you use the features of anime animations to get the result 20 times more. Sonic was frightened by the speed of the Sea King and called him "fast", reacting to his dash at the last moment due to the speed of the King. And while Sonic was 20 times faster than him? I doubt it.

It's the same as if a person running at a speed of 7 m/s would react with difficulty at the last moment to a jerk (because of the high jerk speed for him), whose speed is 35 centimeters per second, although he saw the start of this creature from a distance somewhere 5 meters from him.

No, you not only used the timeline, but you also used the animation features, at this point you are just being hypocritical, in addition, Sonic was amazed that DSK became very fast compared to before, but even with that, Sonic still avoided all of his attacks, so his point is still false.

You just don't understand. The difference between the speed of the raindrops falling and the animation of the character hit is quite significant, a completely different type. I explained this using the example of the fact that Sonic reacted to the blow at the last moment due to high speeds, but at the same time, through the animation of the blow, it turns out that Sonic is 20 times faster.

Oh yeah? That is why he reacted to the dash at the last moment, although he could have done it much earlier? In the manga, this moment was drawn sharper and it felt like Sonic really had a hard time responding to the jerk. In the anime, the movements inside this slow mo were more lazy.

This suggests that Sonic simply did not have time to start running away earlier.

vUIUdnb-3Xo.jpg

zX7Q2gOLQak.jpg

Pay no attention to the text.

Well, let's be clear. Don't you think that such a high MHS, almost MHS+ is too much? That it just doesn't fit into the verse. In your opinion, they move at almost 300 km / s. My result at least fits into the verse, because feats at the level of two-digit Mach numbers were constant.

No, again, you at this point are just being hypocritical, my calculation is exactly the same as yours, you find how much the drops moved to find the speed of DSK, while I, find how much DSK moved to find the speed of Sonic.

Incidentally, your argument doesn't make sense, if Sonic didn't have time to react when they were 20 meters away, why would he have to react when they were at close range?
It is evident that Sonic did not expect the sudden increase in speed of the DSK and this took him by surprise, besides of course, Sonic managed to avoid this and even after DSK becoming faster, he still was not able to hit Sonic, so there is no this constant, the result still fits.

If we can't use Sonic's deviation in the anime to find its speed, then we can't use that to find DSK speed either.

Following, can't talk about the calculations, but I can talk about the scaling. I may give more input on that later or after we pick which calcs are the best to use

Last edited:
No, again, you at this point are just being hypocritical, my calculation is exactly the same as yours, you find how much the drops moved to find the speed of DSK, while I, find how much DSK moved to find the speed of Sonic.
You start repeating yourself. You completely ignore what I say about the Sea King's movements.

I wrote everything about the jerk of the King and the frightened Sonic.

This will not lead to anything, we obviously will not come to a single conclusion. So, it is better to wait for a third person, to find out the opinion of other people.

I have no idea what the rules are for such discussions. Once a discussion has been established, what needs to happen for the change to take effect? How many people have to agree with them or something?

Hold up, why are we using the anime scenes for calcs? I thought we should only stick with manga and just use anime timeframes, as the mang is the original?

Also, he was surprised by DSK's speed, but Sonic goes on to match an even faster DSK.
Yeah. He could well be surprised at the speed of the Sea King and at the same time be one and a half or two times faster than the King himself. But certainly not 20 times.

Hold up, why are we using the anime scenes for calcs? I thought we should only stick with manga and just use anime timeframes, as the mang is the original?
This site believes that taking timeframes from anime is much better than from head. And I agree with that.

I meant to say why are we using the anime frames and not the manga ones?
I use anime frames, because only there you can see how much one raindrop managed to pass in one second. In the manga, only one frame is shown with drops, but it is not clear what their speed is.

If you're talking about why the Sea King's fist movement was taken from the anime, then the question is not for me. I am also against it.

Because this method of calc is weird. If it is not accepted, then my version will be used. If they do, then his version. But as for me it's a wank.

One out of two.

It's the same scene, just different actions.

The point is that the calculation of another action is strange and controversial. It's not that Sonic dodges the King. The fact is that due to the peculiarities of the animation of the blows, the Sea King manages to move only 20 centimeters, thereby making Sonic 20 times faster. But at the same time, he reacted and began to act only at the last moment, which suggests that the speed of the jerk was fast for him. He, of course, was still faster, but definitely not 20 times.

A person moving at a speed of 7 m/s can hardly and not immediately react to a projectile that moves at a speed of 3-4 meters per second from a distance of 5 meters. This is normal. But obviously not when the projectile is 20 times slower than him.

Anyway, I would like to discuss something else.

What do you think of Garou's feat? To be honest, I believe this feat should be ignored altogether due to several factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back