• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just to be safe I guess, the statement could be more solid and 1.5 is a bit more than we usually allow without a scaling chain

Honestly I just don't want his only rating to be one where he gets stomped by everyone
Likey 5-B looks more appropriate.

You can scale lifting strength by useing force (Newtons) like stoping a giants punch dead in it's tracks
Because your arm needs to be able to not only be durable to take it but also strong in a lifting strength way to stop the force (Newtons) of the punch
Garou Feat (Lifting strenght)
Low-ball (25seg): Mass = 1,2742385e+23 kg | Speed = 30187,9432 m/s ||| F = m*a or F = 1,2742385e+23*30187,9432 = 3,846e+27 newtons [Class Y]
Mid-ball (15seg): Speed = 50313,2387 m/s ||| F = 1,2742385e+23*50313,2387 = 6,41e+27 newtons [Class Y]
High-ball (5seg): Speed = 150939,716 m/s ||| F = 1,2742385e+23*150939,716 = 1,923e+28 newtons [Pre-Stellar]

Yea, overall the webcomic still did it better. The fight scenes and the art were pretty great and a definite improvement over the webcomic, but story-wise, Garou got massively downgraded. The biggest problem I had with the manga version was said by Garou himself:

""To destroy the abominable fist that has turned against God!" I thought he was talking about me. But it must've been about this guy!" Garou feels more like a side-character in this arc than the main antagonist. This entire arc feels like it's been focused on "God" when it should've been focused on Garou, with minimal mentioning towards God. And the fact that Garou suddenly gives up so easily? Like "I had a feeling somewhere deep inside that this all wouldn't work out?" That seems totally OOC for Garou to say. Like webcomic Garou was still adamant on fighting even after he was clearly running on fumes, and Saitama himself had to point it out. Here, Garou just throws his hands up and admits defeat in only a few chapters.

I'm a little skeptical about Calc, since Zamuru only measures pixels outside the circle. That means the white part is not affected. But is it a second continent?

Yea, overall the webcomic still did it better. The fight scenes and the art were pretty great and a definite improvement over the webcomic, but story-wise, Garou got massively downgraded. The biggest problem I had with the manga version was said by Garou himself:

""To destroy the abominable fist that has turned against God!" I thought he was talking about me. But it must've been about this guy!" Garou feels more like a side-character in this arc than the main antagonist. This entire arc feels like it's been focused on "God" when it should've been focused on Garou, with minimal mentioning towards God. And the fact that Garou suddenly gives up so easily? Like "I had a feeling somewhere deep inside that this all wouldn't work out?" That seems totally OOC for Garou to say. Like webcomic Garou was still adamant on fighting even after he was clearly running on fumes, and Saitama himself had to point it out. Here, Garou just throws his hands up and admits defeat in only a few chapters.
Yeah. I was even fine with the idea of Garou teaming up with Metal Bat since deep down, uniting people against adversity was his wish, it kinda made sense in that way. But this feels OOC no matter how I look at it. It's especially bad because Garou's indomitable will was an essential part of his character.

Finally, Garou has moved out of the “gets no diff wafflestomped by Tats” group and is now in the “we don’t know who’d win since we’ve never seen Tatsumaki at her best at full power and her speed limit” group.

:^)

The only reason why Boros looks weaker is because he only fought Saitama,even though he did better than Garou against Saitama.
I mean… even using JUST Garou’s feats against Saitama and nothing else, he still looks better than Boros…

”did better against Saitama”???????

I'm not a fan of Garou giving up in the manga; in the webcomic, Garou only conceded after being constantly pummeled, overpowered, and obliterated by Saitama, coming to terms with the fact that no matter what, there would always be this unstoppable force getting in his way, whereas in the manga; Saitama hardly touches him, and he only gives up because he realizes he is not powerful enough to defeat Saitama.

In the original, he breaks down upon realizing that everything he accomplished up to that point, including defeating the S-Class, was all negated by one man, whom he considered the embodiment of justice and all that is unfair with heroes. In the manga, Garou just throws in the towel because he isn't strong enough to hack it, which is completely nonsensical, considering everything he has done up until this point. Garou shouldn't give up, he should be forced to retire after being humbled. But he gave up.

Yea, overall the webcomic still did it better. The fight scenes and the art were pretty great and a definite improvement over the webcomic, but story-wise, Garou got massively downgraded. The biggest problem I had with the manga version was said by Garou himself
I agree but even the manga fight choreography is shit comp to webcomic.

90-FF2417-63-BF-4111-A653-EB05-E2-ACEE4-B.png

2-DDB3-B55-C13-C-449-C-89-F7-58-DAC55-A229-C.png

What ONE lacks in drawing skills he makes up for with amazing panelling and tone.

Manga Saitama stole Webcomic Garou’s “grab the arm” move. Lmao.

I’ll miss Saitama bashing Garou repeatedly against the ground…

guys, new garou's feat should be scaled to his casual strenght or only ''up to low 5b with (insert attack's name here)?
I wonder if he could do as much dmg as that casually hmmm

Last edited:
This makes me wish all the more that the manga would have followed the webcomic more with this fight. I don't mind the cool and different designs Murata had, but I would have preferred to see choreography like this. Even without the explosions and Low 5-B+ feats, it feels more impactful, and also highlights Garou's martial arts skills more. I don't care if fights are primarily melee, or a slew of crazy hax and abilities being used back to back, as long as they compliment the story that's being told. If they really wanted to have Garou quit because he realized Saitama is too strong, they should have communicated that more in the fight, something that the webcomic clearly does better. Garou should have been hit more, getting back up out of sheer crackhead determination, and kept fighting like the webcomic did. Heck, they could have had Garou be a mathematician while he fights, crunching the numbers in his head to see how his rapid evolution stacks up with a casual Saitama and constantly seeing that the values are overwhelmingly in Saitama's favor.

Fights are just as much of a catalyst for a story as conversation and character interactions. Wins and losses against other characters with conflicting ideologies (or any character in general), could shape the character's outlook on life. For example, in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Raiden and Armstrong fight each other while divulging their personal philosophies on the world, and it even results in Raiden taking in some of Armstrong's ideologies, even in spite of winning the fight. In the Marvel Secret Wars storyline (the very first one), Spider-Man one-sidedly beat the tar out of Titania, resulting in her having a fear of Spider-Man that she would have to face much later when she crossed back with the wall-crawler again. And there are so many other examples of that being done right. I don't think the manga portrayal of the Saitama VS Garou fight was one of them after getting more info on it.

Disclaimer: These tweets might not be the most authoritative source. They're just a hype machine written by some intern probably. Another tweet promoting a chapter describes Golden Sperm as "Black Sperm finally reveals his true form." So they obviously don't know what's happening.

- Boros statments at most were not true "better regeneration", "Saitama is losing", things he said that weren't true
That wasn’t even an argument towards Boros scaling above Garou, its just dumb.
Saitama losing was obviously false.
- Saitama was being nice to Boros as he literally traveled years to die without being a threat
Which is literally baseless. Where tf did you get this? Saitama wasn’t being “nice” with the first punch where he tried to kill Boros for being who he is. He didn’t care and never cared throughout the fight.
Thats why he destroyed his arm without a second thought. He didn’t know Boros had regeneration. He just blew it off because he doesn’t care.
Not once does Saitama say or anything implies he was being nice and feeding Boros ego, that’s pure headcanon.
I guess Saitama having inner monologue and saying Boros was a real fight, while he was all the way on the moon was him being nice to Boros.
- Saitama does not scale for anyone, which includes feats and statments
If Saitama makes a comment of strength for one person and treats another as a pure joke, the latter is obviously weaker than the first. Especially since we know how Saitama treat people who are the strongest he has fought atp.
- Garou has better feats, speed, technique and intelligence than Boros. It doesn't scale

Yes, cuz the earth was gonna explode but saitama knocked Garou back to the surface before it could be entirely executed.
tbf there's also just an inherent suspension of disbelief in fiction with stuff like this. Cause if we're being realistic, Psychorochi's big attack would have killed most, if not all of humanity due to both the earthquakes that would result from an entire continent falling back down, but also the utterly massive tsunamis that would result from it

I think what really matters is what Saitama thinks to himself, not what he says to his enemies. In Boros' case, he absolutely scales above Orochi because "this is almost a real fight" must put him above "maybe the monster king is a little strong" (thinking of Orochi's father).

With Garou, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to look at Saitama's inner monologues to find out.

I’m so glad the manga is going its own route. I get tired of adaptations. I dont like waiting to see what we already know take place. If it’s animated, sure, but this is just the same but insurmountably greater art.

I’m excited for what One Punch Man does next after this arc.

I think what really matters is what Saitama thinks to himself, not what he says to his enemies. In Boros' case, he absolutely scales above Orochi because "this is almost a real fight" must put him above "maybe the monster king is a little strong" (thinking of Orochi's father).
what if we just

didn't try to ******* scale people via Saitama making side remarks, like his casual comments are ironclad means of judging scale

Back