• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Only on his death bed did he just blatantly give out a lie.
Why would this account for the entire fight?
It shouldn’t and doesn’t.
It does. The point of the panel is to show Saitama was purposely holding back the entire fight, which is pretty obvious considering he could’ve insta-killed Boros the moment he saw him.

It's not a casual feat but I don't think there's any implications this technique is tiers above his normal strength

The whole “almost a real fight” is always taken into such an extreme that it loses any value.

“Almost”. That the key word here. If I almost won the lottery, even if by one number, I still ******* lost. The fight was not a real fight, it was “almost” a real fight. Saitama turned Boros to ketchup with consecutive punches, and killed him with a shock wave when he decided to let a serious punch out.

if I were to kill someone by aiming my punch at them from dozens of feet away, It was a no diff fight.

The universe where Saitama lies to Boros and let’s him have fun: THE CANON.

The universe where Saitama wants Boros dead: As soon as the “””””fight””””” begins Boros is a puddle on the ground before he can even register what happens. Assuming he can even heal from that, Saitama is standing over him and repeatedly slapping him like a man kneading dough until he’s literally reduced from atoms and deleted from existence one by one. Saitama then pawns the ship off on Pawn Stars for $15 and a weeks worth of soup.

I think the main limit is his psychological strength, as soon as he starts giving up and doubting himself his ability to evolve starts failing.

Yea, overall the webcomic still did it better. The fight scenes and the art were pretty great and a definite improvement over the webcomic, but story-wise, Garou got massively downgraded. The biggest problem I had with the manga version was said by Garou himself:

""To destroy the abominable fist that has turned against God!" I thought he was talking about me. But it must've been about this guy!" Garou feels more like a side-character in this arc than the main antagonist. This entire arc feels like it's been focused on "God" when it should've been focused on Garou, with minimal mentioning towards God. And the fact that Garou suddenly gives up so easily? Like "I had a feeling somewhere deep inside that this all wouldn't work out?" That seems totally OOC for Garou to say. Like webcomic Garou was still adamant on fighting even after he was clearly running on fumes, and Saitama himself had to point it out. Here, Garou just throws his hands up and admits defeat in only a few chapters.
Too early to judge. It’s not finished yet

Saitama was lying the entire fight… by not reducing Boros to a blood splatter in 0.00000000001 seconds.
That literally, in no way, suggest that his statements made on Boros were a lie. Literally some false narrative you guys are trying to create.
It does. The point of the panel is to show Saitama was purposely holding back the entire fight, which is pretty obvious considering he could’ve insta-killed Boros the moment he saw him.
Yeah, im aware of it, but this literally doesn’t invalidate all of Saitama’s statements on Boros or his inner monologue about Boros being a real fight.
I don’t see the conclusion any of you are reaching.
The whole “almost a real fight” is always taken into such an extreme that it loses any value.

“Almost”. That the key word here. If I almost won the lottery, even if by one number, I still ******* lost. The fight was not a real fight, it was “almost” a real fight. Saitama turned Boros to ketchup with consecutive punches, and killed him with a shock wave when he decided to let a serious punch out.

if I were to kill someone by aiming my punch at them from dozens of feet away, It was a no diff fight.
He’s literally saying Boros is approaching/ has a level of power that can almost give him a real fight.
Almost, meaning near or just not quite. It’s right there.
That alone boosts Boros against ANYONE Saitama has fought as none of them has let out a level of power great enough for someone to make that sort of comment. And again, if Saitama was to meet someone even stronger than Boros he would let off some comment letting this be known.

We also have this on saitama’s page.

Refrain from trying to scale anyone else from Saitama’s attacks, as he is the verse’s god tier and the results of his attacks can be inconsistent.”

This door swings both ways. We can only go off of the character’s individual feats.
Seriously, I've been baffled at the consistent attempts to create a scale based on Saitama making side comments and remarks, treating them like gospel and ironclad, empirical declarations of scale and power

Also as a supporting point, Blast didn’t bother to take notice of Boros when he invaded earth. But the results of Saitama and Garou’s fight made him take notice.

This could mean a lot of things but it serves as good supporting when in the context of OPM’s power creep and the feats themselves being better.

Seeing the amount of discussions about Boros' scaling to Orochi I think we should just make it a "possibly" rating and be done with it. Btw I think Saitama's statement about Boros being the strongest opponent he has faced can create another scaling to Orochi since it is stated that Saitama has already defeated threats comparable to MA

Back