• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Orochi being FTL due to Blitzting AC’s senses WAS deemed an outlier, but the situation is different now that we have actual lightspeed feats.

I don't think it was solely dismissed just for being an outlier. Awakened Cockroach's mobility being hampered by his lack of legs didn't help him either.

Boros fought someone that was casually outclassing Geryu in terms of speed, and was very confident about fighting him right after he saw Saitama do that. It's not at all arbitrary and selective in Boros' favour.
Boros fought someone he watched (from a distance) tank a barrage of stones and then throw one back. Never once did he see Saitama casually outspeed the stones or even dodge one; after a bunch of smoke, he just had a stone in his hand and threw it back faster than Gery could react (who‘s statement only applies to his throwing speed, not his stats).

So it’s literally the same logic as Orochi NOT scaling, but since it’s Boros, he arbitrarily scales to the speed.

And Boros isn’t telepathic, he had no idea that he saw Gery as “a bad joke”.

”Boros scales because he saw someone tank the rocks and throw a rock back, never outspeed said rocks tho and never reacted to the rocks himself.”

”Orochi doesn’t scale because he was stated to fodderise, but that could simply mean he can tank the damage and doesn’t need to scale to speed.”

I don't think it was solely dismissed just for being an outlier. Awakened Cockroach's mobility being hampered by his lack of legs didn't help him either.
But the argument isn’t about Orochi blitzting AC’s movement speed, but the fact he could stab AC before AC’s senses could kick in and even warn him of danger, which was stated to be capable of sensing even lightspeed attacks before they happened.

According to the Murata quote, Saitama sees this move as a nothing, just a bad joke and casually threw a stone faster.

Boros isn't telepathic, but he's capable of noticing something that moves fast, which did include Saitama when he reacted to the rocks at FTL speeds.

Also, Boros is FTL due to the huge difference between the portrayal of Geryu's specific attack and Boros. At best, you'd get something like 'possibly at least Relativistic+' for Orochi since we can't even confirm if it's speed, and the other two Combatants aren’t scaled to Geryu’s rocks.

Also, even if AC could sense Orochi's killing intent, nothing indicates he didn't react at all to Orochi.

Last edited:
These same "horn" attacks from Orochi were reacted and dodged by Metal Knight Robot and later Half-Monster Garou, so there's no lightspeed there.

Edit: MK robot reacted and blocked it, not dodged.

Orochi was holding back.
He may have held back massively in power, but probably not speed.
I don't think MK reacted.

Orochi was holding back, but you could easily say the same for AC.

Orochi didn't even move a muscle against AC, while Garou actually blocked an attack and forced him to partially transform.
It is just me but another translation I read implies the robot raised its arms to block.

It is just me but another translation I read implies the robot raised its arms to block.
This translation is actually quite badass if you think about it. Him disabling the self-destruct mechanism instead of plain outspeeding it implies he's precise enough with his horn to disable a delicate mechanism on a super advanced drone while skillfully taking it apart.

I wonder how powerful webcomic GS would be if Tatsumaki didn’t kill Multi-Cell Sperm and the 10,000 kamikazee.
It could be possible that would've led to Platinum Sperm.

After all, even in the webcomic, Golden Sperm isn't the ultimate version of Black Sperm

According to the Murata quote, Saitama sees this move as a nothing, just a bad joke and casually threw a stone faster.

Boros isn't telepathic, but he's capable of noticing something that moves fast, which did include Saitama when he reacted to the rocks at FTL speeds.

Also, Boros is FTL due to the huge difference between the portrayal of Geryu's specific attack and Boros. At best, you'd get something like 'possibly at least Relativistic+' for Orochi since we can't even confirm if it's speed, and the other two Combatants aren’t scaled to Geryu’s rocks.

Also, even if AC could sense Orochi's killing intent, nothing indicates he didn't react at all to Orochi.
How does Boros KNOW Saitama reacted? All he saw was Saitama standing stock still and tanking the rocks. The exact same thing ya’ll use to say Orochi doesn’t scale.

If light speed Orochi is accepted, then light speed reaction for Metal Knight because he blocked Orochi's attack but only went through with its piercing

I don’t see anything suggesting he didn’t see. But then it’s something that’s hard to prove in the first place, so I give up.

No, it isn’t the same logic. The fact is, Boros was keeping up with Saitama and he didn’t see him as a bad joke. You’re just claiming he’s faster because Orochi could win in a fight.

What are the relativistic beams based on?

Last edited:
If light speed Orochi is accepted, then light speed reaction for Metal Knight because he blocked Orochi's attack but only went through with its piercing

Nothing there suggest Metal Knight reacted in any way. He was most likely in defence mode before the attack even began: “I don’t know what he did, but I THINK he hit me with a horn.”

I don’t see anything suggesting he didn’t see. But then

No, it isn’t the same logic. The fact is, Boros was keeping up with Saitama and he didn’t see him as a bad joke.

What are the relativistic beams based on?

Boros wasn’t keeping up with Saitama. That’s a baseless headcanon. Saitama was keeping down for Boros. Saitama wasn’t even throwing punches for 95% of the fight. He was letting him have his fun.

The beams may be relativistic for crossing the earth in easily under a second.

You see Saitama throwing counters in the ship and even get hit by an attack he’s not expecting.

Where’s it shown to be under a second?

Lightspeed shouldn't be accepted for Orochi.

You see Saitama throwing counters in the ship and even get hit by an attack he’s not expecting.

Where’s it shown to be under a second?
Not counters; he was catching Boros’ strikes, with an incredibly bored expression. He got hit by an attack? Oh, Suiryu also landed attacks, so Suiryu should get upgraded too to FTL??

It can cross the earth fast enough that the slice itself (Psykorochi had to swing it) was fast enough that the water on top of it, and the cracks caused by its own weight, all happened at the same time. It was an instant. It’s fair to say the speed of the beams themself should be faster faster than Psykorochi‘s swing speed.

They were counters. How could you catch an attack with hands in that position?

Way different scenario. Suiryu didn’t catch Saitama off guard.

You’re talking about tens of kilometres of cracks and water. 5 seconds is fairly reasonable.

Also, I don’t really see why they’d be significantly faster. Do we see them shoot off through that portion of the Earth and far into space?

They were counters. How could you catch an attack with hands in that position?

Way different scenario. Suiryu didn’t catch Saitama off guard.

You’re talking about tens of kilometres of cracks and water. 5 seconds is fairly reasonable.
They’re not counters. He’s literally catching and BLOCKING. Since when does Saitama ever fight with open-palm strikes? Notice how Boros is clearly using FISTS and Saitama’s hands are open??

”Suiryu didn’t catch Saitama off guard” Oh so he’s FASTER? Lmao.

5 seconds? Wow, the absolute downplay. 5 seconds for the ENTIRE SLICE to fly into the air and come into the ground, MAYBE. But we’re referring to the speed of the beam slicing through the continent and onto the other side.

I’m fairly sure that’s what counters are, like countering a hit by blocking. His fists are open, but his palms are always behind his fingers, so it’s safe to say the only thing he’s catching were your subpar arguments.

You can be slower than someone (obviously not like a dozen times slower) and still catch them off guard.

I know what’s you mean. And also, you’re really wanking this feat here; the water started falling a fair way down to the Earth in about the same time as it was dropping.

I’m fairly sure that’s what counters are, like countering a hit by blocking. His fists are open, but his palms are always behind his fingers.

What are you on about?

I know what’s you mean. And also, you’re really wanking this feat here; the water fell down to the Earth in about the same time as it dropped.
Ok, so? This just proves my point. Boros isn’t keeping up, Saitama is keeping down. He’s LETTING Boros hit him instead of just OBLITERATING him with punches.

What are YOU on about?

That isn’t the point. The point is all the water is /falling at the same time/, the water where the laser first hit doesn’t have a significant lead over the water at the end of the slice. That wouldn’t be the same if it took more than a second for it to happen. The cracks, too.

For a very lengthy period. Then they bust out of the ship and Saitama calls him strong right. My point is that, while Saitama is faster, it’s not like the level of speed he’s using is low enough to be on the level of something he considers a bad joke. He also tends to either dodge or tank hits from these kinds of guys.

See the edit.

Again, I know what you meant, the last part was only in reference to what you said afterwards about the timeframe of the slice being the only part that’s probably 5 seconds.

You’ve mentioned cracks again, but this is still something that’s still happening over tens of kilometres. The water wouldn’t even visibly move, especially since it wouldn’t even fall downwards until the disc is raised.

Last edited:
Back