• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Geryu was also confident on fighting Saitama after he broke down the wall and a quarter of the ship, but I'm pretty sure it's just idiocy rather than strength.

What I thought we agreed to was rejecting KE if the result is explicitly contradicted, not just because realism isn' t followed with KE feats

So Boros gets a 1 Exaton attack + Speed while Tatsumaki gets a 400 Petaton overall ? The debate shall never stop
Pretty sure she’d be 254 petatons since that’s where Psykos’ calc is.
I remember the calc yeah, but I think a proper one for hum would be better, even if the results end up being similar
I agree with this tho, it makes more sense to use an on-site calc.

I have asked Donttalk if the feat really violates KE standards

For the record as the guy who revised KE rules in the first place, I don't agree with dismissing KE here

Boros upscales from the 186 petatons from orochi, Tatsumaki upscales from the 254 petatons and Boros ultimate attack is 1 exaton wich is... half decent for an ultimate attack that costs his full energy stock.

For the record as the guy who revised KE rules in the first place, I don't agree with dismissing KE here
To be honest why does the 5-C calc "violate" the rules? The damage it does is never shown.

Not only the KE calc violates the KE rules since it didn't destroyed a 5-C+ portion of the Earth, but the way the volume itself was calculated is wrong, the energy sphere never affected that amount of matter in the first place.

Not only that, but the timeframe is completely random, and considering how much time it would take for seismic waves to travel from the core to the surface of the planet, the feat would have to take place over several minutes.

Ok, so hear me out (don't actually because this is just a stupid joke).

Boros heard that Saitama damaged a quarter of the ship, and he still wanted to send the top combatants to fight him. Boros was extremely surprised after hearing that Saitama beat Groribas and didn't object when Geryu wanted to fight him with Melz.

So, there we have it, Continent level base Bang.
giphy.gif

"Not only the KE calc violates the KE rules since it didn't destroyed a 5-C+ portion of the Earth"

If the KE rules as is right now being applied just "Ignore AoE for everything but not KE feats" then that's a huge problem

As much as I don't like Low 5-B either, removing KE seems a little strange.

Maybe make 2 ends for the calculation, 1 with KE and 1 without, and create a calc group discussion.

The seismic waves of the earthquake Orochi created by pulling the energy out of the core reached the surface faster than the energy sphere.

The average speed of seismic waves traveling through the layers of the Earth is 5.3 kilometers per second.

The epicenter of the earthquake was 5150 kilometers underground.

Timeframe = 5150/5.3 = 971.698 seconds, or 16.19 minutes

But the energy sphere is slower than that.

Kinetic Energy = 0.5*(236541737376000000000)*((5300)^2) = 794.03 Petatons

The seismic waves of the earthquake Orochi created by pulling the energy out of the core reached the surface faster than the energy sphere.

The average speed of seismic waves traveling through the layers of the Earth is 5.3 kilometers per second.

The epicenter of the earthquake was 5150 kilometers underground.

Timeframe = 5150/5.3 = 971.698 seconds, or 16.19 minutes

But the energy sphere is slower than that.

Kinetic Energy = 0.5*(236541737376000000000)*((5300)^2) = 794.03 Petatons

And this is a high-end, since I'm just using the speed of the seismic waves, which reached the surface before the energy sphere reached Orochi.
Assuming that it took 16 minutes? Lol what? In what world is that a high-end?

Saitama was bathing, I'm just using the speed of a natural phenomenon to find the timeframe it took this energy sphere to reach Orochi.

Global earthquakes happened all around the globe, with multiple people reacting to it, all this before it even reached Orochi.

I will agree with 30 seconds or 45 seconds. Since a few people were able to react to the rumbling before it was pulled up.

But there is no way that's 16 minutes.

This is probably just a case where the author doesn't know how much time it would take earthquakes to envelope the planet.

It would also takes minutes for Psykos-Orochi's continental disk to fall back to Earth, but that was not the case.

I'm fine with adding a 30 seconds end given the context.

This is probably just a case where the author doesn't know how much time it would take earthquakes to envelope the planet.

It would also takes minutes for Psykos-Orochi's continental disk to fall back to Earth, but that was not the case.

I'm fine with adding a 30 seconds end given the context.
Using 30 seconds I got 833 Exatons KE O-O

Wouldn’t PE be safer regardless since you’d have to assume a timeframe with KE? Iirc, PE was used for Psykos’ feat in order to avoid that.

Back