• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I find it hard to see how to debunk Psykorochi‘s beam speed as anything under 1 or 2 seconds. The fact all the water fell off at the same time is proof itself that at least the slice was almost instantaneous. A bunch of heroes reacting to it doesn’t mean anything because they’re reacting AFTER it happened, reacting to the flash. A nuclear detonation is not slow IRL if I look at it a second after it happened and see the mushroom cloud.

I find it hard to see how to debunk Psykorochi‘s beam speed as anything under 1 or 2 seconds. The fact all the water fell off at the same time is proof itself that at least the slice was almost instantaneous. A bunch of heroes reacting to it doesn’t mean anything because they’re reacting AFTER it happened, reacting to the flash. A nuclear detonation is not slow IRL if I look at it a second after it happened and see the mushroom cloud.
This is what Ugarik just said: "Assuming any of those timeframes doesn't make sense to me. I have litteraly no idea how fast it all happened"

Which is what I was expecting. They'll probably want to do the 10, 5 and 1 second timeframes which yield MHS+ and MHS results because that's the normal way to calc unknown time frames. I've already given my reasoning for why I think it should be around human reaction time, I'm not sure what else to say if that doesn't make sense to him.

Plus, as for the water falling all at the same time (more or less), that's to be expected since the oceanic plate is dozens, and dozens of kilometers in the air. Falling at terminal velocities it would take minutes for the giant slab to hit the ground. But since the chunk fell down before Tatsumaki had time to think about it, it must have fallen at ludicrously accelerated speeds and taken no more than a few seconds.

If the attack is only MHS due to fodders ”””reacting””” to it, then Goku and all DB characters speeds should be peak human level since Bulma could “”””react”””” to their fights.

Anyways. In the sweep-shot, you can see on the far left that the beam punctured through a cloud and made a perfect circle in it, yet the air pressure hasn’t had time to blast the cloud away. Could that be used?

on an unrelated note: Tatsumaki vs the Godzilla MonsterVerse?

If the attack is only MHS due to fodders ”””reacting””” to it, then Goku and all DB characters speeds should be peak human level since Bulma could “”””react”””” to their fights.

Anyways. In the sweep-shot, you can see on the far left that the beam punctured through a cloud and made a perfect circle in it, yet the air pressure hasn’t had time to blast the cloud away. Could that be used?

on an unrelated note: Tatsumaki vs the Godzilla MonsterVerse?
Potentially... let me know what you think of my explanation here:

"Well, we know it's happening fast enough that characters have time to start reacting (so not faster than human reaction time), but not slow they have enough time to process or comment on what is occurring (so not so long they have time to form sentences, make statements or have nuanced reactions). The paneling goes from powering-up to the beam expanding to the final results very quickly, only cutting away to show us the shocked faces of various observers.

Therefore... the timeframe cannot be less than .25 seconds since human observers were able to start turning their heads to see the beam (A-class heroes have superhuman reaction times but they also just seem to be taking it in). The fact that numerous characters give their reactions after all the results have been shown and the severed ocean has fallen back down implies to me that a few seconds have passed and characters can start to process what has taken place. That they are giving their reactions only after the beam has run its course and the ocean has fallen down implies that all these events are transpiring very quickly, so the normal time frames of 5 seconds and 10 seconds seem too long. I could understand a 2 second time frame, but nothing so long that characters would be able to give nuanced reactions and make statements when they did not have time to do so in the scene as it is depicted."

Last edited:
I think it sounds sensible enough. It being above human reaction speed, .25, makes sense
The difficult part is explaining why it can't be 5 seconds or more. My logic is that if it were 5 seconds or an equivalent time period, surely the people on the ground would have had time to shout their surprise or say something when it cut to react to them. The thing is that it goes like this: 1.) beam is fired, 2.) beam expands, tornado is surprised, 3.) beam cuts into earth, 4.) people are surprised, just turning their heads, 5.) beam is done, 6.) water falls down, 7.) everyone has something to say and properly reacts.

Their surprised faces are shown AFTER the beam begins to SLICE across the earth, so they aren’t even reacting to the beam itself in the first place, at best, they are reacting to the now already-fired, sustained beam being swung across the continent.

Their surprised faces are shown AFTER the beam begins to SLICE across the earth, so they aren’t even reacting to the beam itself in the first place, at best, they are reacting to the now already-fired, sustained beam being swung across the continent.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying that they're reacting before/as the beam completes its 2,600km journey, since we see their stunned faces before we get the double spread of the continent-sized devastation

Ugarik has accepted the one second end, Psykorochi's lazers are now mach 7278 or MHS+. That is 82% of baseline Sub-relativistic (mach 8810.2), I don't know if Genos and Tatsumaki would upscale from that. It would however, upgrade Tatsumaki and Genos much higher into MHS+ at least, especially since Tatsumaki's mach 2000~ bullet feat was casual.

I don’t know if this applies to speed, but with AP, you can upscale to the next tier if you scale above something with a 1.5x difference from baseline. The difference between baseline Sub-Rel and Mach 7,278 is only about 1.2x.

Tbh, I feel like mincemeat is less of a weakness and just a limited of his abilities. Because I'm pretty sure a lot of other characters with the same regeneration can die via being reduced to mincemeat

Genos intercepted one of the beams at close range so he definitely scales.
Agreed, there's no debating that Tatsumaki and ten seconds Genos are both comparable in speeds to the lazers. Tatsumaki caught one of those laser no problem and tossed it aside like it was nothing. Genos intercepted a lazer just as well too. Genos is at least as fast in order to be able to intercept a beam like that and Tatsumaki could arguably be faster given her final performance.

Even before she knew how strong the lazer was and went all-out, Tatsumaki had time to react before the lazer had gone a few hundred meters and was presumably moving to try and avoid it while it was in progress (hence Psykorochi swung the beam to tag her)

Last edited:
Considering we now have the Energy blast's speed, would it be possible to calc speed feats like dodging them or would that fall into calc stacking territory?

Tatsumaki fast enough to dart and weave between Psykorochi and several of Orochi’s dragon heads’ almost sub-relativistic attacks without even being CLOSE to being hit and yet some people think slow ass Legendary Godzilla can tag her.

Make it make sense pls.

Tatsumaki fast enough to dart and weave between Psykorochi and several of Orochi’s dragon heads’ almost sub-relativistic attacks without even being CLOSE to being hit and yet some people think slow ass Legendary Godzilla can tag her.

Make it make sense pls.
There are some things not even the best of them can do...

I have absolutely no clue how you can get a relativistic calc with 3 Demon level threats and 1 High Demon-Low Dragon threat who is known for cocky, shit talking statements.

Back