• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pretty sure he shit-talk Blue Fire and the old guy who’s arm he broke. And in the Webcomic, Puri Puri. And some of the Tank Top crew I think. And Metal Bat.

Pretty sure he shit-talk Blue Fire and the old guy who’s arm he broke. And in the Webcomic, Puri Puri. And some of the Tank Top crew I think. And Metal Bat.
Heavy Tank Fundoshi is not old, lol, he's just probably middle-aged (40ish). Garou is 18 and probably judges age like an 18 year old would

He's apparently 35, anyway, you're opinion on the calc above?
no.1, we should use 0.013s instead of 0.001s for snail speed.
no.2, I agree with Sekiro. Reading this originally, I interpreted Garou's reaction to this attack as a bluff. The way Garou narrowed his eyes as the attack was heading his way makes me think it was heading much faster than "snail speed" in his eyes. It may not been that big of a threat nor that fast relative to Garou, but he still felt the need to pay attention to the incoming attack and then act as if it was nothing to him.
no.3, I had no idea 35 wasn't middle-aged. heh

Noice. Does Genos upscale? Tatsumaki definitely does.
I'm not sure and I'm too tired to say for sure about Genos. Tatsumaki I think should be pretty clear cut.

I think if we want to know if Genos is faster than the beam, we need to look at the panels where he moves to block with Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon and see if he's moving noticeably than the beam is. If so, the answer is yes, he should upscale

Would a At Least Massively Hypersonic+ Possibly Sub-Relativistic rating work? If we can't get just straight up Sub-Relativistic.
I think that's a possibility. You only need to be 1.2X faster than the beams though to be sub-relativistic, so upscaling is technically possible. I think that would be a fitting designation if outright sub-relativistic doesn't apply.

I don't know either, Garou mentioned that when it was going for him and as we saw, he had no difficulty deflecting it.

In the Spanish translation he says, "It looks as if it were hardly moving".

But still, the way he looks at the incoming attack made me doubt his statement. Here's what I'm talking about (middle panel):
023.png

I think that looking at the attack does not say anything, because as a guy mentions in the calculation, Garou stays still all the time and only moves his arm extremely casual to deflect it.

I always interpreted the panels as:

Stinger‘s vision shows that Garou perceives the attack in similar presentation and speed as when he fought Stinger and witnessed his attack. Garou’s eyes then get angry, probably because of the monsters having an IDENTICAL move to a hero’s, which triggers Garou since he most likely believes it’s hypocritical or something along those lines.

Then he gives that snappy statement born from that frustration. He was angry.

On a totally unrelated note:

Would Tatsumaki be immune to radiation? Gravity manip doesn’t turn her internal organs into mush, so maybe her aura protects her from any sort of “affect”??

On a totally unrelated note:

Would Tatsumaki be immune to radiation? Gravity manip doesn’t turn her internal organs into mush, so maybe her aura protects her from any sort of “affect”??
That depends on how her protection against gravity works. Without that sort of information we are running into the territory of headcanon.

Question: what do you guys think of Saitama as a character? Do you guys think he's poorly written, greatly written, so-so, etc.?

Just kind of curious about your opinions.

Murata said we're getting an update at the beginning of next week.

It's most likely a new chapter since Murata usually specifies which chapter is being updated if it's a redraw.

Holy, I had resigned myself to getting a chapter on the 21st. That's dope because I figured Murata would be busy with redraws and would be making a longer chapter. It's only been... two weeks since the last chapter? So it must be a chapter 137 part 2.

I really want to see Psykosjet die in a giant explosion and the cadres to climb out right out after that, but that's probably hoping for too much. I still think that whatever Atomic was planning with TTM will be important somehow.

Holy, I had resigned myself to getting a chapter on the 21st. That's dope because I figured Murata would be busy with redraws and would be making a longer chapter. It's only been... two weeks since the last chapter? So it must be a chapter 137 part 2.

I really want to see Psykosjet die in a giant explosion and the cadres to climb out right out after that, but that's probably hoping for too much. I still think that whatever Atomic was planning with TTM will be important somehow.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw this on Reddit! I'm pretty excited about it!

I think we'll see Psykojet get blown up, but she'll escape. However, I think it'd be funny if she immediately gets cut down by a Fastball Special from Tank Top Master and Atomic Samurai.

I kind of wish my idea of having the Psykojet fight in the air and the Cadres fight on the ground run concurrently with perspectives shifting between the two fights, but oh well, I still really, really like this fight.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw this on Reddit! I'm pretty excited about it!

I think we'll see Psykojet get blown up, but she'll escape. However, I think it'd be funny if she immediately gets cut down by a Fastball Special from Tank Top Master and Atomic Samurai.

I kind of wish my idea of having the Psykojet fight in the air and the Cadres fight on the ground run concurrently with perspectives shifting between the two fights, but oh well, I still really, really like this fight.
Your idea and my idea are still possible, who knows what Murata will do, the absolute madman.

On a separate topic, some of you may have seen this post on reddit as well. Sun-sized Orochi vs. a fusion of Boros and Black S (every Boros Black cell is as strong as ordinary Boros and there's 11 trillion of them), who do you got?

Doing the math, 11 trillion CSRCs (1.5 exatons according to my calc) is 6.9 *10^40 joules or Star-level, whereas an Orochi beam with a diameter 1.85 times that of the sun is 3.63 *10^43 joules or large star level. However, Golden Boros (the equivalent of Golden S) might be on Sun Orochi's level.

Heh. These are the crazy DBZ-esque feats we won't get in OPM until the final fight at best, sad

Doing the math, 11 trillion CSRCs (1.5 exatons according to my calc) is 6.9 *10^40 joules or Star-level, whereas an Orochi beam with a diameter 1.85 times that of the sun is 3.63 *10^43 joules or large star level. However, Golden Boros (the equivalent of Golden S) might be on Sun Orochi's level.

Heh. These are the crazy DBZ-esque feats we won't get in OPM until the final fight at best, sad
What about your high-end calc to the 11 trillionth power? (Yes, I know this number dwarfs Sun-Sized Orochi by a massive amount, I just want to know how strong it would be). Realistically, I want to say Sun-Sized Orochi, especially since one blast would vaporize all of the clones before they combine, but who knows.

(Speaking of DBZ, I still think it's hilarious that Saitama gets one-shot by Teenage Goku).

(I also think it's hilarious how the r/OnePunchMan has as an answer to "Who would, Saitama or...?" in their FAQ's section that basically says Saitama is a gag/parody character whose hold schtick is one-shotting his opponent; thus, it's pointless to try and discuss this. I also find it funny how many people legitimately believe this on the subreddit and everywhere else. However, this is for another time, just like my very short story from a few years ago where some friends of mine (who are MASSIVE Dragon Ball fans, by the way) said that Saitama was the only character who could beat (or could potentially beat, I don't exactly remember what they meant) Goku in a fight (This happened after we argued about Goku vs. Superman. I argued for Superman, they argued for Goku. This isn't relevant, I just wanted to mention it). This was after Dragon Ball Super ended and the Broly movie released. I, the non-Dragon Ball fan (I want to get into it), had to actually argue that shaking the universe was a far greater feat than anything Saitama has ever done).
Sorry for this random, dumb rant, I just thought it was funny.

What about your high-end calc to the 11 trillionth power? (Yes, I know this number dwarfs Sun-Sized Orochi by a massive amount, I just want to know how strong it would be). Realistically, I want to say Sun-Sized Orochi, especially since one blast would vaporize all of the clones before they combine, but who knows.

(Speaking of DBZ, I still think it's hilarious that Saitama gets one-shot by Teenage Goku).

(I also think it's hilarious how the r/OnePunchMan has as an answer to "Who would, Saitama or...?" in their FAQ's section that basically says Saitama is a gag/parody character whose hold schtick is one-shotting his opponent; thus, it's pointless to try and discuss this. I also find it funny how many people legitimately believe this on the subreddit and everywhere else. However, this is for another time, just like my very short story from a few years ago where some friends of mine (who are MASSIVE Dragon Ball fans, by the way) said that Saitama was the only character who could beat (or could potentially beat, I don't exactly remember what they meant) Goku in a fight (This happened after we argued about Goku vs. Superman. I argued for Superman, they argued for Goku. This isn't relevant, I just wanted to mention it). This was after Dragon Ball Super ended and the Broly movie released. I, the non-Dragon Ball fan (I want to get into it), had to actually argue that shaking the universe was a far greater feat than anything Saitama has ever done).
Sorry for this random, dumb rant, I just thought it was funny.
I mean, Saitama's a character we haven't seen the full power of and who is supposed to be ludicrously strong. How strong is that? Planet level, star level, galaxy level, universe level, multiverse level? IDK. All I can say is I wouldn't put him up against proven universe-busters and multiversal guys until he demonstrates some feats on that level. Not going to say he won't, only that he hasn't.

Question: what do you guys think of Saitama as a character? Do you guys think he's poorly written, greatly written, so-so, etc.?

Just kind of curious about your opinions.
I think Saitama is probably the best written that he possibly could be as a character concept. Even so, comparing him to another protagonist, he's definitely not the BEST character by any means, but he's definitely far above your typical shounen protag. From his dialogue to his action scenes, he's a nicely written character who always puts a smile on my face.

That being said, I do wish he had a more believable backstory, and I wish we got more insight into the inner workings of Saitama. We don't really know much other than that he wanted to be a strong hero, became a strong hero, and is now bored with being a strong hero.

I think Saitama is probably the best written that he possibly could be as a character concept. Even so, comparing him to another protagonist, he's definitely not the BEST character by any means, but he's definitely far above your typical shounen protag. From his dialogue to his action scenes, he's a nicely written character who always puts a smile on my face.

That being said, I do wish he had a more believable backstory, and I wish we got more insight into the inner workings of Saitama. We don't really know much other than that he wanted to be a strong hero, became a strong hero, and is now bored with being a strong hero.
I agree. He may seem lackluster and unrelatable because he doesn't have the struggle most other shonen protagonists have to deal with: having to grow stronger throughout the course of the series. For example, Luffy and Goku are protagonists that are still getting stronger, and have trained to get stronger from the beginning of their respective series. Saitama, while he did train, reached the pinnacle of strength by the beginning of the series, so you can't empathize with him struggling currently (unless you've ever tried and failed to kill a mosquito).

However, he offers something different in the sense that he shows what it's like to start off super powerful, while also craving an exciting fight, something he's failed to do. But, he also has other interests that kind of distract him from being depressed over that.

Third, and this is probably the last thing I'll say here (because if I say anymore I might end up making a script for a Saitama video essay), but I also like the realism around Saitama in his fights. Even when he holds back, he's still too strong. I was talking with someone, and he said "if Saitama beats everyone with one punch, why doesn't he try doing things like tapping?" I was like "remember Deep Sea King? The monster Saitama punched a hole through so hard that it split clouds? A hero far weaker than him is capable of beating Deep Sea King with a light touch. Saitama tapping opponents won't make a difference."

Like, for real, is it realistic for a human to be able to suppress themselves to a state millions of times weaker than they already are? Not really. I personally appreciate the realism around his character there.

Saitama's not a bad protagonist, just misunderstood. Like Goku (barring Chapter 65 of the DBS Manga).

I agree. He may seem lackluster and unrelatable because he doesn't have the struggle most other shonen protagonists have to deal with: having to grow stronger throughout the course of the series. For example, Luffy and Goku are protagonists that are still getting stronger, and have trained to get stronger from the beginning of their respective series. Saitama, while he did train, reached the pinnacle of strength by the beginning of the series, so you can't empathize with him struggling currently (unless you've ever tried and failed to kill a mosquito).

However, he offers something different in the sense that he shows what it's like to start off super powerful, while also craving an exciting fight, something he's failed to do. But, he also has other interests that kind of distract him from being depressed over that.

Third, and this is probably the last thing I'll say here (because if I say anymore I might end up making a script for a Saitama video essay), but I also like the realism around Saitama in his fights. Even when he holds back, he's still too strong. I was talking with someone, and he said "if Saitama beats everyone with one punch, why doesn't he try doing things like tapping?" I was like "remember Deep Sea King? The monster Saitama punched a hole through so hard that it split clouds? A hero far weaker than him is capable of beating Deep Sea King with a light touch. Saitama tapping opponents won't make a difference."

Like, for real, is it realistic for a human to be able to suppress themselves to a state millions of times weaker than they already are? Not really. I personally appreciate the realism around his character there.

Saitama's not a bad protagonist, just misunderstood. Like Goku (barring Chapter 65 of the DBS Manga).
I like this analysis.

I've talked with another friend before about how Saitama is kind of... bland as a character which I think is (hopefully) by design. Saitama is, despite his massive strength, is quite normal and/or average. It helps highlight how weird the rest of the cast is which I think helps to develop the rest of the cast and through interactions with Saitama, Saitama himself develops (he's definitely at least somewhat different from the beginning of the manga to now and the beginning of the webcomic to now, however slight that difference is).

I like this analysis.

I've talked with another friend before about how Saitama is kind of... bland as a character which I think is (hopefully) by design. Saitama is, despite his massive strength, is quite normal and/or average. It helps highlight how weird the rest of the cast is which I think helps to develop the rest of the cast and through interactions with Saitama, Saitama himself develops (he's definitely at least somewhat different from the beginning of the manga to now and the beginning of the webcomic to now, however slight that difference is).
Yeah. I could be wrong, but I feel like Saitama gets more accepting of his strength as the series progresses. Compare when he one-shot Vaccine Man to what he said to Orochi, for example. After beating Vaccine Man, he was literally yelling in disappointment about how he defeated another villain with one punch, but he sounds far more accepting when battling Orochi, saying that no matter what he calls himself, he's going to get one punched.

Follow up question to the one I asked about Saitama: who do you think is actually the worst written character in One Punch Man?

It's kind of hard to pinpoint the worst written character of the series, given that we don't really know too much about anyone, to be honest. There's not much to analyze on each character.

Only using the most relevant characters in the series, the worst character concept in OPM would be, IMO, Watchdog man.

I honestly don't think I know enough about One Punch Man to have an answer to my own question. Though if I were to just list a name, the one racecar monster from the first episode of the anime.

Back