• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Genos says "This is way bigger than just Z city, the surrounding towns are in danger too."
Okay, so that sounds like ends of +20, +50 and +100 km would be in order. All should give 6-C results, LE (17.6 gigatons), ME (36.2 gigatons) and HE (74.1 gigatons)

Last edited:
Noice, so I guess the above dragons can upscale from that if we ever reach that. I hope Orochi displays a much greater feat, really hope he doesn't get downgraded

Just got some confirmation about the two redraws coming tomorrow, It's a revised Gums vs. Pig God and a revised Darkshine vs. Bug God. No mention of Orochi. 5 page bonus chapter is also about pig god.

Lets ******* gooooooooooooooo
Okay, heard a little more. It seems like Murata didn't change much (if anything at all) in the Pig God/Darkshine chapters, except he seemingly cut off the Saitama vs Rover part. It seems like the next volume will start with Saitama vs Rover and be centered around Orochi. If that is true, it is weird to me, because Orochi's half the cover page for this volume. A bit strange to put Orochi on the cover and have no Orochi in the story... I guess it means the next regular chapter will come sooner though

Would elder centipede scale to gouketsu?
So we know from Gouketsu's statement that there are "more monsters easily as strong as him in the monster association" according to page 38 of the guidebook. More should mean at least 3, so: 1.) Orochi (duh), 2.) Overgrown Rover, 3.) Evil Natural Water?, 4.) Elder Centipede?

I feel like Overgrown Rover scales, Evil Natural Water and Elder Centipede are debatable for me. He would have known Elder Centipede was strong, and possibly known about Evil Natural Water. Homeless Emperor I don't know and I don't know if he knew enough about Black S to rate his strength without Golden S. I think he would have known Gyoro Gyoro, Nyan, Fuhrer Ugly and Gums were weaker than him for sure.

If I had to guess from that statement, I would say Elder Centipede scales. Or at least, Elder Centipede's durability should scale above Gouketsus's attacks, since EC is all about Durability. Gouketsu obviously knows about EC since they're working together and I think most people would agree that EC and Gouketsu are roughly on the same level for their respective reasons.

Not sure about Overgron rover, although he does probably scale as Orochi must've saw him as a powerful monster when he told him to attack Saitama, who Orochi sensed as powerful. I feel like elder centipede probably does due to gyoro gyoro stating only 4 heroes could defeat him

Okay, so I'm looking over the Gouketsu cloud feat and I'm confused. Looking at the original calc, where the weight for the current results was found, it seems to me like they only counted the clouds in the very center of this feat, whereas we can see no less than four cloud rings outside the 256 px area... isn't this calc missing more than half the volume of the affected clouds? Let me know if I'm misunderstanding, because this seems like a big thing to overlook.

Us88nU2.jpg

Wait, no, no... the more I look at it the more it looks like it's incomplete. The calc (the currently accepted 33 megaton result) only measures the inner circle, not the outer rings of deformed cloud, Gouketsu's calc needs to be redone, it's way too small. It's only calculating a certain fraction of the affected clouds.

Last edited:
There was several loud thuds and booms after the cloud split happened. This was Gouketsu hitting Saitama then a final boom which was Saitama one punching Gouketsu.

The current calc has a width of 256 pixels or 22,323 meters, whereas the total area of deformed cloud has a width of approx. 1040 pixels or 90,688 meters (the leftmost side goes off-panel, so we don't see the entire deformed cloud patch). From my rough calc right here where I assume a time frame of 5 seconds like the current accepted end, Gouketsu's cloud split is actually 9,222 megatons, or 9.2 gigatons, 6-C. The other ends would be 6-C and High 6-C respectively.

The math: cloud width is 872 meters or 10 px. Deformed cloud extends 520 px away from the center of deformation, assuming equal width on both sides for a total of 1040px we get a diameter of 90,688 meters.

Now to find the volume of the total area; π × 45,344² × 872 =5.63 x 10^12.

For the low end of five seconds: 1/12 * (5.63 x 10^12) * 9068.8^2 = 3.85857368×10^19 joules or 9.222 gigatons.

Am I crazy or did I just notice something?

IDK, this potential upgrade almost seems too convenient to be true. Did multiple people not notice that the area being measured was only a fraction of the total volume?

should note that Genos said the meteor would destroy surrounding towns, not the surrounding OTHER cities. In other words, it would destroy the nearby towns that are also in the City-Z area.

should note that Genos said the meteor would destroy surrounding towns, not the surrounding OTHER cities. In other words, it would destroy the nearby towns that are also in the City-Z area.
Which translation? Also, what do you think of my issue with the Gouketsu calc? The currently accepted end just counts the innermost circle of cloud deformation, not the multiple giant rings that surround it. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Causality/Gouketsu_Split_Clouds_-_One_Punch_Man

@Qawsedf234

Hey Qawsed, I think I've identified a problem with the calc whose volume and width you used to get the currently accepted ends for Gouketsu's shockwave calc. The 22322 (256 px) meter diameter that calc used to find the original results is only the very middle-section of the deformed cloud, the surrounding rings are not considered even though they were broken up by the shockwave. From what I can see, the total deformed area is more like 90,000 (1000 px~) meters in width, especially because the leftmost rings go off panel.

Is the discrepancy in volume and diameter legit? From what I can see, this point has never been raised before.

Only staff can @. You're gonna have to ask him on his message walls
Are you sure? Because I've done this plenty times before and it seems to work. Well, maybe I've been lucky. I'll do as you suggest just in case.

If you do see the ping though Qawsed, let me know, I thought non-staff could ping others

I don’t really understand the basic prospects of calcs, and I don’t really understand how Gouketsu even made those rings, so.

I’m not sure about the Genos bit, just pointing out that whether he says “towns” or “cities” is a MASSIVE different in power for the meteor.

I don’t really understand the basic prospects of calcs, and I don’t really understand how Gouketsu even made those rings, so.

I’m not sure about the Genos bit, just pointing out that whether he says “towns” or “cities” is a MASSIVE different in power for the meteor.
About the Gouketsu calc, I think I've stumbled onto something because the rings seem to be completely omitted from the calcs, but maybe I'm just out of the loop. Trying to become a calcer myself so it's a work in progress.

And for the Genos statement about the meteor, we're all in the same spot since it's hard to say which translation (there are three I'm told) is legit: outskirts, surrounding towns, surrounding cities. Yeah- the difference is absolutely enormous. It's the difference between a 6-C meteor explosion and a nearly 6-A meteor explosion. I think Peter's suggestion that we get a Japanese speaker to translate the original scans for us is a good idea.

Well it's interesting... but I can't see the first picture, so I'm not sure what the first section is talking about. It also looks like it might be considered calc-stacking, depending on what the first section is referring to when it's talking about stones not damaging the ship. It seems to be drawing speed and energy values from another calc, which is normally not allowed.

Same for me as well, but I think it's referring to the moon jump, and saitama hitting the ship. And they used the value of the ship or Geru's stones to figure out the AP to break the pillars, which they seem to assume are made of similar things to the ship's outer plating, which is 6-A according to the calc, it's very weird. I guess you could get something out of it, I dunno

Saitama hit Armoured Boros and didn’t even manage to completely break the pillar he landed in, but Boros punched Saitama hard enough to send him clean through 1 pillar and embedd into the one behind it. Just interesting I guess.

TBH, The best I could see us getting out of that pillar feat is low end tier 7 result.
Unless there were a quantifying statement about how strong the ship was, say per-m2 of surface area, I don't think it's calcable. We could say that an attack had roughly the same impact on the ship that the moon jump did, but using specific metrics from other calcs like that will very easily slip into calc-stacking. Again, I can't say for sure since the calc is a little confusing, but I don't think we could use the results.

Do you think getting the energy from the moon jump could determine the ship's dura? Since it didn't absorb everything

Back