• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It is a downgrade though- which doesn't make sense to me for several reasons. Firstly, the crater was previously seen to be smaller. I know the 24 petaton result was due to the explusion of rock high above the moon's surface, but surely a 997 km radius crater must be more than 3 petatons. I think it's way too low and I'll explain why using a comparison.

After all we can compare it to the largest crater on earth, the meteor that destroyed the dinosaurs had anywhere from 310 teratons to 13 petatons of energy. The chixculub crater has a radius of 75 km, which means that this 6-B+ to High 6-A meteor, despite creating a crater only 1/176th the size, would have at least 1/10th the energy of the 3 petaton result and possibly even three times as much energy. Might I suggest using an ellipisoid formula with the width and the length as the 997 km radius and a depth proportioned from the Chixiculub impact (depth(20km) to width(75km radius) ratio of 1:3.75). Estimated crater depth is now 265.867 km at the center.

The results would be something like,
4/3π x a x b x c = Volume, 4/3π x 99700000 x 99700000 x 26586667=1.11 x10e24 ccm

And then I would recommend using violent fragmentation instead of ordinary fragmentation for the low end and pulverization for the high end. Craters left by giant impacts like this will violently fragment and pulverize most rock and only fragment a small fraction of the rock around the periphery.

LE: (1.11 x10e24 ccm) x 69 = , 76.5 Yottajoules or 18.28 petatons, High 6-A

HE: (11.11 x10e24 ccm x 214.35 = 237.9 Yottajoules or 56.85 petatons, also High 6-A (this is 180 times more potent than the LE of the Chixiculub meteor, which roughly lines up so I'd get behind this one)

but surely a 997 km radius crater must be more than 3 petatons
Maybe not. As an example completely vaporizing the Earth results in something only about 1.25x to 1.5x above its GBE. So it's not as impressive as it may seem.

The chixculub crater has a radius of 75 km, which means that this 6-B+ to High 6-A meteor, despite creating a crater only 1/176th the size, would have at least 1/10th the energy of the 3 petaton result and possibly even three times as much energy
Here's a key factor though: That crater happened on Earth. The moon has no atmospheric drag and doesn't have notable erosion due to lack of winds. The lower gravity can also lead to the crater being larger while requiring less energy than expected.

Maybe not. As an example completely vaporizing the Earth results in something only about 1.25x to 1.5x above its GBE. So it's not as impressive as it may seem.

Here's a key factor though: That crater happened on Earth. The moon has no atmospheric drag and doesn't have notable erosion due to lack of winds. The lower gravity can also lead to the crater being larger while requiring less energy than expected.
The atmospheric drag would be a factor, but the crater depth and width listed are not affected by erosion, as they are the actual original boundaries of the crater as determined by scientists (accurate to a very small margin of error that doesn't factor into our purposes). The atmospheric drag might produce a difference of 50-25% (how much does it slow down the meteor?), but I think this logic is still closer to the mark if those are the two biggest factors at play

The numbers were too large for the site to handle, namely the 1,994 km diameter. But the formula could be useful, thank you.

In the latest redraw, did Zombieman dodge HE’s first attack or did he just regenerate his entire body in what seemed like seconds? Or did he somehow tank it??

While we don't see visible damage on Zombieman's clothes, I would assume he took the damage and regenerated because it seems to be the most likely situation.. The impact panel where we see HE's flames doesn't really show anywhere Zombieman could have hidden. Where ZM was standing is covered in an explosion and he's not visible elsewhere, so he has to be somewhere inside it. I think he used the resulting dust cloud to sneak around while regenerating, but if there are plausible alternatives I'll take them

I have a feeling Blue Dragon Genos and Tatsumaki could be sub-relativistic, based off reacting to Psykorochi’s beams from very close range, multiple times, and they seem to be fast enough to cross the length of a continent in less than a second.

I don't see why they couldn't be. Even though the blood calc was rejected for being too flimsy, it doesn't mean that the speed doesn't suit people on the above dragon level. Maybe I should try and calc that...

I guess you could use Psykos slicing the ocean feat as a reference. Despite the beam being swung left to right in a pretty wide arc, all the water began falling off at the same time. Unless I’m missing something, that’s gotta be less than a second timeframe?

Can Atomic’s new redrawn fight be calced to give him any higher speed? He was able to slash Black Sperm countless times while running, who is allegedly massively hypersonic, yet not a single BS was able to react to, nor dodge, nor tag Atomic as he was slashing and running until he was completely surrounded.

That would be possible, if BS preformed a MHS feat in that scene. Otherwise its just calc stacking which isn't allowed, since BS is being backscaled to a MHS feat.

On Tatsumaki’s profile, on weaknessess, her “defence weakens when attacking“ link does not link to anything. Also, I ponder if this weakness should even still apply to Manga Tatsumaki unless that quote makes a direct appearance in the manga, considering the amount of times Tatsumaki has been shown attacking and then being attacked at the same time, yet she has been completely fine and tanked said attacks every time.

I think I’ve figured out a hint to the timeframe of the first God Blast.

So, on the page when she swings it to form the disc, Genos is bracing himself and King and Tareo are blown away. So, clearly, the beam has shockwaves and air pressure. However, the clouds the beam were swung through, havent moved at all from when they were shot through the cloud on the far left, to when the swing was swung to the right of the page.

Just brainstorming.

New redraws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13933686331739074758

Puri Puri vs monster group, Vacuuma, the prisoners and Nyan. Tiger level monsters got a little buff, Vacuuma redesigned and other slight changes.

The biggest changes are the order right here. Looks like the remaining cadre fights will be moved to before the Orochi fight. Nyan vs surface team/Drive Knight and Child Emperor/Disciples/Mercenaries vs ENW, then the panel with the s-class being defeated by the cadres, then Tatsumaki vs gyoro gyoro + Saitama vs Orochi

Last edited:
Not needed for the manga, no. It's all for the volumes, which in turn are gearing up for season three. Until Orochi and Saitama has been relocated and redrawn, they can't start work on season three until everything is narratively in place and tuned up to it

It's purely speculative on my part, but it explains why things are being reordered.

Remember how Murata included the superfight specifically for the anime? From an anime perspective, it doesn't make sense to have Orochi die before most of the cadres can even show off, since watchers are under the impression he is the final boss. Therefore, all the cadre fights will take place and seem to be resolving in the defeat of the s-class and season 3 will end with an enhanced Orochi finale fight and a cliff-hanger as to the fates of the other s-class. Psykos might also be revealed during the final episodes, but I'm not entirely sure.

Don't want to get too spammy but here are more updates: .

Translated chapter 112: https://bato.to/chapter/1537511

Murata says he has almost finished volume 23 and that he can probably do another non-redraw chapter this next time.

Also, Electric Catfish Man has been buffed. He has a new transformation (I think he might be a costume monster like Phoenix Man) and that combo attack he threw at PPP looks pretty impressive. Anyone want to calc this?

1985960_800_1138_233582.jpeg

Hey, if Personification of a Light-Pull Cord and Electric Catfish Man happened to be High 8-C, might that be justification for keeping higher ranked A-class heroes in High 8-C? I know we were planning to move most A-class level fighters down to 8-C, but I suspect we might find these two Tiger level monsters to be on that higher level and that might indicate that tiger level monsters and a-class heroes are stronger than expected.

Btw New Baquma is very cool and has way more personality than the old, ngl, but the Induism theme was portaryed better before.

Also, I'm unsure if I prefer the toony version of the fodders or the more serious ones, but I love how Electric Heel and "Raijin Woman" love each other and decide to run away from the association together

It's the first confirmed romance we've gotten in OPM, which is something interesting. You wouldn't expect two monsters to be showing romantic interest in one another before any of the heroes or humans have done so. I've actually been thinking about the topic of romance for a bit now. It's weird that all these young, attractive, popular heroes with superhuman genes haven't been shown to be in any romance. I know work can be all consuming and such (eg Tatsumaki), but for future generations it would be wise to have many children with a-class and s-class level potential who can be the heroes of tomorrow

There's also Blast who has a child, and presumably has a wife too.(and Blue is the only character so far to explicitly have know parents other than Waganma. Iirc)

Serious Question: how probably is a ship between Saitama and One-eyed monster?
Not. Unless she demonsterifies. Depends on how the story evolves I suppose.

And as for Blast, we know he romanced some woman, but that doesn't count because we've never even seen him clearly, let alone his wife.

Deadly quiet in here. I think I'll request a recalc of JDA since it doesn't seem I'll be able to get any tiger-level calcs through. I am hoping to include it in the next CRT. Which, depending on what happens in the next chapter, I think I'll post two weeks from now.

Deadly quiet in here. I think I'll request a recalc of JDA since it doesn't seem I'll be able to get any tiger-level calcs through. I am hoping to include it in the next CRT. Which, depending on what happens in the next chapter, I think I'll post two weeks from now.
Yeah are we actually waiting for another chapter before we do anything else or did the site activity just slow down massively?

I think the site just slowed down massively, although redraws haven't been helping to stimulate any discussion. CRSC should be redone with melting I would say. If Boros is going to devastate the earth's surface, presumably he'd melt it like he did every he ran by in Meteoric Burst or blasted in the released form. I am pretty solidly for recalcing melting the entire surface of the earth. If we're not in agreement about that, I can furnish the scans again

I agree with melting. I'm expecting something really into High 6-A or somewhere in the exatons range.

I put in a calc evaluation and tried to get some calc members to look at Gwyn's Serious Punch Calc since from my knowledge it should have been accepted years ago, but so far no one has gotten back to me. If anyone can get in contact with some calc members to take a look at it that would be very helpful.

Back